DeSantis not worried about Norwegian Cruise Line's threats to leave Florida

Norwegian has a number of cruises out of San Juan this winter.  I will be looking into those cruises and suggest others who have gotten their vaccinations do so as well.  Cruising with people who refuse to get vaccinated is not something that I plan to do. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/05/30/florida-governor-ron-desantis-cruise-line-exemption-vaccine-passport-ban/?sh=5385e22a5ed5

EDITORS' PICK | May 30, 2021,01:27pm 

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Is Crafting A Cruise Line Exemption For His Vaccine Passport Ban

Fake news. Story is based on a blogger who obtained a teleconference call recording of a travel agent group and listened to what a cruise line exec thinks is going to happen . According to her,  DeSantis didn’t consider the cruise lines when he proposed the law because they weren’t running at the time. He forgot about them and they are different and deserve special treatment. Ok. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Meanwhile, DeSantis insists that each passenger the cruise line breaks the law with will rack them up a $5k fine. 

On 5/31/2021 at 9:20 AM, Junonia said:

Fake news. Story is based on a blogger who obtained a teleconference call recording of a travel agent group and listened to what a cruise line exec thinks is going to happen . According to her,  DeSantis didn’t consider the cruise lines when he proposed the law because they weren’t running at the time. He forgot about them and they are different and deserve special treatment. Ok. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Meanwhile, DeSantis insists that each passenger the cruise line breaks the law with will rack them up a $5k fine. 

Please post your real news link.

On 6/1/2021 at 7:58 PM, Love.II.Cruise said:

Please post your real news link.

Here’s one you may enjoy. Seems the CDC is less sure of who will prevail than all of the legal keyboard warriors here. 

I was unable to link the story, however it is in the Orlando Sentienl today "CDC says if court rules for Florida in cruise lawsuit, Alaska sailing could be threatened"

On 5/26/2021 at 12:33 AM, Geobugs said:

I support Governor DeSantis' protection of individual rights and freedoms. 

What about the rights of private businesses?  Or is government over reach only bad when it is convenient?

Safety regulations are in effect all over.  That’s all this is...a means of ensuring a person’s safety.

BTW, I don’t recall seeing a “right to cruise” anywhere.

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2021 at 3:54 AM, Cobra1365 said:

What about the rights of private businesses?  Or is government over reach only bad when it is convenient?

Safety regulations are in effect all over.  That’s all this is...a means of ensuring a person’s safety.

BTW, I don’t recall seeing a “right to cruise” anywhere.

It's applicable under state's rights. Nobody is forcing the cruise lines to do business in Florida. This is a big nothing burger anyway. RCCL has already announced vaccine optional cruising. The rest will follow suit. This is about money for them, not empty virtue signaling.

Why are the vaccinated worried anyway? The point of taking it is to be protected. Did you ever sit next to someone in a movie theater and ask if they had been vaccinated for measles? No? Bc your vaccine already has you covered! 

Edited by Junonia