What is your favorite sandwich on or off of a cruise ship

seamus69

9 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Banana and salami with mustard isn’t bad either.😀

Good morning, I will pass.........thanks.  I would do an old fashioned salami/cheese and mustard on rye.

Or a Banana and Peanut Butter.   But not the above. 

39 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I will pass.........thanks.  I would do an old fashioned salami/cheese and mustard on rye.

Or a Banana and Peanut Butter.   But not the above. 

I double dog dare you!  This is one of the weirdest combinations I know of...but it works!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I double dog dare you!  This is one of the weirdest combinations I know of...but it works!

LOL.....I will lose.  Its ok, I realize this is all in fun😃.  Enjoy your sammie🙂

• Haha 1

Oh, I know that I am going to get many adverse reactions to what I am going to post.  That's OK.  It's a sandwich that I like.

Frisch's Big Boy's Swiss Miss:  a burger on a dark rye bun with Swiss Cheese with Frisch's Tarter Sauce on both sides of the bun.  Add an order of their Onion Rings with the sandwich?  Very satisfying for me.  It's a treat for me because I don't patronize a Big Boy very often.  

We don't have Frisch's down here but I do remember them as a kid. And Onion Rings instead of fries sound excellent to me😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

We don't have Frisch's down here but I do remember them as a kid. And Onion Rings instead of fries sound excellent to me😃

Thanks!  Gourmet dining is usually always an excellent experience.  But, sometime "hometown" food is what is most satisfying.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

LOL.....I will lose.  Its ok, I realize this is all in fun😃.  Enjoy your sammie🙂

LOL...here we are...a refuge/diversion for a bunch of shipdaft sailors waiting around for our cruise ships to start up again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Oh, I know that I am going to get many adverse reactions to what I am going to post.  That's OK.  It's a sandwich that I like.

Frisch's Big Boy's Swiss Miss:  a burger on a dark rye bun with Swiss Cheese with Frisch's Tarter Sauce on both sides of the bun.  Add an order of their Onion Rings with the sandwich?  Very satisfying for me.  It's a treat for me because I don't patronize a Big Boy very often.  

Sounds like a Swiss burger to me...delicious!  The onion rings sound just right too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Not Bad.....Not Bad...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

LOL...here we are...a refuge/diversion for a bunch of shipdaft sailors waiting around for our cruise ships to start up again.

R we going to attack the ship seeing it or the buffet.......lol.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

R we going to attack the ship seeing it or the buffet.......lol.....

My answer to your question would be different today than if I was 30 years or so younger.  😀

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Sounds like a Swiss burger to me...delicious!  The onion rings sound just right too!

I can prepare a decent facsimile myself of the Swiss Miss (thanks to Frisch's selling their Tarter Sauce in my grocery).  No french fryer, so I can't duplicate their Onion Rings.  Or, maybe, whatever type of onions that they use.  

On 6/6/2021 at 5:11 PM, rkacruiser said:

that's pretty close to a patty melt around here which I love...tartar sauce is the only outlier, I don't eat much of it because I'm not a big fish eater, but it's okay and I would think it could pair well with the sandwich.  And I love Onion rings which I almost got for lunch today...maybe tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 4:59 PM, rkacruiser said:

I can prepare a decent facsimile myself of the Swiss Miss (thanks to Frisch's selling their Tarter Sauce in my grocery).  No french fryer, so I can't duplicate their Onion Rings.  Or, maybe, whatever type of onions that they use.  

I got one of those Emeril oven/air fryers for Christmas.  I have yet to try making the onion rings.  I could actually make that entire sandwich in that oven.

4 hours ago, seamus69 said:

.tartar sauce is the only outlier, I don't eat much of it because I'm not a big fish eater,

I agree.  I did not realize that this was the sauce that Frisch's used on their Swiss Miss.  Tarter Sauce is associated with a fish entree--when it is needed--in my mind.  

I bought a jar and tried to duplicate this sandwich during my time in my bubble due to the pandemic.  It was successful.  My usual condiments are one side of the bun smeared with Miracle Whip and the other side with yellow mustard.  But, I do like this new version once in awhile.  

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I got one of those air fryers.

I got one of those in the past for Pop Corn and rarely used it. Till this day, I used the regular oil fry with Olive Oil which adds a taste. Never had interest in using it for other cooking.

43 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I got one of those in the past for Pop Corn and rarely used it. Till this day, I used the regular oil fry with Olive Oil which adds a taste. Never had interest in using it for other cooking.

This is a convection oven with rotisserie and air fry.  It does everything but I haven’t had time to experiment.  I don’t think it would be good for popcorn.