Will you cruise?

lv2cruisgrl

1 minute ago, TMLAalum said:

So if the governor wins and cruise lines cannot require proof of vaccine, then a Covid negative test could be required?  

If the Sint Maarten cruises are any example, you'll require a negative PCR test whether or not proof of vaccination is required.

• Like 1

There’s a thread titled “To Vax or not to Vax…Would you cruise?” That asked the same question and had a poll, but no posts since I think Tuesday so it’s back a bit. But 83% said No, wouldn’t cruise if vaccines not required and 17% said Yes. 

But now that CDC has changed the Mask requirements and stressed how those vaccinated are protected, I guess the numbers could change….a bit. 

My self, I plan on a 2021 Thanksgiving cruise with my wife and adult daughter and right now, I’ll not cruise if vaccines aren’t required. But we’ll just see the % of vaccinated by then and how the infections are going. 

The 2nd best reason I’d want vaccines required is so I don’t have to listen to some ‘person’ explaining why they didn’t get the vaccine because they didn’t want the tracker injected into them, or some other idiot discussion. I’ve quit ‘humoring’ those type discussions and I try not to react and just walk away.

Den

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes. 
First, I think DeSantis will reconcile his order with the need of some cruise lines to provide a level of assurance to their passengers that everyone is vaccinated. Trust me if they have to have it, some convoluted legal exception will magically appear.

Second, I think the risk to DH and I as fully vaccinated people is very very low and a risk I’m willing to take to cruise. 
What I don’t know yet is how long will immunity last, and dang it, I want to cruise before my one year vaccinated anniversary comes - that will be in December and is when I will start being concerned about needing a booster or not

• Like 3

No.  While DH and I are fully vaccinated and feel as safe as anyone can feel at this time, I would be concerned about what would happen to the cruise if some passengers were diagnosed.  Would ports be open to the ship?  Would passengers, fully vaccinated passengers, be allowed off, and allowed off independently?  I would hope that fully vaccinated passengers would not be restricted to their staterooms.  

Since our only booked cruise originates in Europe, I have no desire to travel that far and spend that much money to not leave the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll cruise.  I’m with the individual “Choice”.  If you prefer not to be vaccinated and get sick, then that is your choice.  The unvaccinated take the chance of getting sick and being put off the ship, incurring all expenses associated.  Those vaccinated have very little to no chance of getting seriously ill from COVID.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I’ll not cruise if vaccines aren’t required. But we’ll just see the % of vaccinated by then and how the infections are going. 

How do you feel about Celebrity's plan to have 95% vaccinated, not 100%?

I would only go if 100% vaccination required.

Just now, Shadow9612 said:

How do you feel about Celebrity's plan to have 95% vaccinated, not 100%?

I would only go if 100% vaccination required.

That is the CDC number, not Celebrity’s plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally, Ill not get too picky on either 100% or 95%. 95% is kind of saying you have to be vaccinated. As discussed for an extended time on another thread, I don’t see how a company would find a way of allowing 5% non-vaccinated on board. “Oh, stand over here and we’ll see how many non-vacer’s show up and we’ll let a few of you on, using first-come or lottery or who tips me the most!”. Just doesn’t track.

So I think they will require 100%. Don’t see how setting something such as 95% even could be worked.

Den

Edited by Denny01

5 hours ago, lovrccl said:

What if you were vaccinated, and cruise ships out of Florida couldn't demand passengers be vaccinated to sail. Would you cruise?  Still waiting to see how this all works out.

Well, my hope is the federal government will prevail and the Governor will have no standing with regards to being able to block the cruise lines from verifying their passengers have been fully vaccinated, if they choose the 95%/98% vaccination option to bypass the Phase 2 simulated cruises requirement.

If, on the very slim chance he is successful at being legally able to block the cruise lines in their certification efforts meaning they will have to do Phase 2B simulated cruises, we will make the decision at that time based on how Celebrity will respond as the Edge will probably will not be doing any July cruises out of FtL.

• Like 1

Yes I'd cruise if proof isn't required.  I just hope that if the ship is quarantined, that they won't run out of entertainment and the Captain will have to play his accordion one night on stage. (That actually happened on an Admiral Cruise we were on just before they filed bankruptcy and were sold off.)

The problem with cruising out of FL is that I'm bored with the Caribbean ports.  However I will if that's the only cruise available.  Fortunately our first booked is not until 2/22 so a lot will change before then. As Alfred E. used to say, "What - me worry?"

Alfred E.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

We will cruise- but not until January.  As long as more people are vaccinated.  Proof of vaccination should be required prior to cruising as well as a negative covid test.  Another test should be required mid-cruise also.  

Unfortunately, some people do not trust science and will not get vaccinated.  Weird as hundreds of millions of people have gotten the vaccine and are protected.  If you don't get it, we know millions have died and suffered from covid.    Don't get it?

Edited by Cruise a holic

9 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Personally, Ill not get too picky on either 100% or 95%. 95% is kind of saying you have to be vaccinated. As discussed for an extended time on another thread, I don’t see how a company would find a way of allowing 5% non-vaccinated on board. “Oh, stand over here and we’ll see how many non-vacer’s show up and we’ll let a few of you on, using first-come or lottery or who tips me the most!”. Just doesn’t track.

So I think they will require 100%. Don’t see how setting something such as 95% even could be worked.

Den

Celebrity’s initial plan was allowing 5% of the total passenger count to be under 18 years old and assume they’re unvaccinated. Everyone else vaccinated. Once/if the 5% mark is hit, no more people under 18 allowed to book. This may change of course with changes in vaccine availability. 

we plan on cruising again and would prefer 100% vaccination at first for a while. I’m not so concerned about COVID impacting me directly but I don’t want to have a vacation turned into a COVID quarantine cruise if something happened. We’re not cruising until next February anyway. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Yes. 
First, I think DeSantis will reconcile his order with the need of some cruise lines to provide a level of assurance to their passengers that everyone is vaccinated. Trust me if they have to have it, some convoluted legal exception will magically appear.

Second, I think the risk to DH and I as fully vaccinated people is very very low and a risk I’m willing to take to cruise. 
What I don’t know yet is how long will immunity last, and dang it, I want to cruise before my one year vaccinated anniversary comes - that will be in December and is when I will start being concerned about needing a booster or not

If yesterday is any indication, the Governor is not going to budge. 

https://www.wesh.com/article/desantis-norwegian-cruise-line/36420109#