Email from P&O re OBC

MX-Drew

7 hours ago, davemorton said:

Im playing roundabout with Princess at the moment.  I sent my request in for stake holder OBC to the email address on the listing.  Got a reply back saying they did not deal with Princess OBC, so I asked where to send it, and they replied with the exact same email I had sent it too. 

One tip I also found was not to mention anything you are questioning in the subject of the email. For example, only put your booking reference not OBC.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, davemorton said:

Im playing roundabout with Princess at the moment.  I sent my request in for stake holder OBC to the email address on the listing.  Got a reply back saying they did not deal with Princess OBC, so I asked where to send it, and they replied with the exact same email I had sent it too. 

Did you use benefits@princesscruises.co.uk.  If you book direct and use “Your Personal Cruise Consultant” you can forward it to them and they will deal with it.

• Like 1

Hi I’ve just received a new confirmation invoice from my TA stating the amount of on board credit for our Iona cruise in August but have not received a new invoice from our Britannia cruise in July that we booked direct with P&O. Both cruises were savers because that was the only option available.

50 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi I’ve just received a new confirmation invoice from my TA stating the amount of on board credit for our Iona cruise in August but have not received a new invoice from our Britannia cruise in July that we booked direct with P&O. Both cruises were savers because that was the only option available.

Which order did you book them?

I wonder if your TA knew of this situation and asked P&O themselves.

Does anyone know if P&O monitor this board other than Moley, I know Princess monitors theirs.

25 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi we booked Iona first then Britannia second so maybe the email is on route 

You would think they would process them in the sail date order. I'm booked on Britannia on the 27th June.

2 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

You would think so that’s why I was surprised I received Iona one first did you book direct or through TA?

For this one I book through a TA.

I emailed them yesterday to see what they say and I'm waiting for a reply but as usual because of Covid we can't reply as fast as before (I have no idea why people working at home reply to emails slower than those working in an office).

• Like 2

I have just received an email from my TA and they said I didn't get any OBC and the email from P&O was an error.

I decided to phone P&O (yes I should have none that all along) and a very nice lady confirmed that both P&O's customer service department and the cold house TA were wrong. The OBC applies to all (not sure about BLC etc) as the staycation cruises "are something special".

• Like 3

It doesn’t apply to the BLC bookings MX-Drew, when I booked the 2nd Staycation on Iona, which was after the emails about OBC the booking agent actually mentioned that. 
I told him the 27th June cruise had been repriced to apply the discount, he said that “might” slip through the net, but if he was me he’d just enjoy it 🤣

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:54 AM, MX-Drew said:

Which order did you book them?

I wonder if your TA knew of this situation and asked P&O themselves.

Does anyone know if P&O monitor this board other than Moley, I know Princess monitors theirs.

I would say they are aware of the board and what is being discussed but don't actively monitor or act on it unless its something internal which has been posted. Each brand has its own social media teams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

It doesn’t apply to the BLC bookings MX-Drew, when I booked the 2nd Staycation on Iona, which was after the emails about OBC the booking agent actually mentioned that. 
I told him the 27th June cruise had been repriced to apply the discount, he said that “might” slip through the net, but if he was me he’d just enjoy it 🤣

BLC bookings have special terms attached to them. There are other similar schemes which niche groups qualify for and these don't always get the full headline OBC.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

BLC bookings have special terms attached to them. There are other similar schemes which niche groups qualify for and these don't always get the full headline OBC.

@molecrochip Is there a list somewhere of the groups that receive discounts. I often wonder if due to the wife's profession and my past employment history if we are due discounts. We found out the other day we qualified for a reduced rate at the cinema and have do for years.  

I don't believe there is a specific list. There are agreements with specific business partner organisations. BLC is one, there is a tie-up with one of the civil service organisations, some employer-perks websites also offer a percentage discount.

As I said, whilst the headline figure may reduce, you might be restricted to the type of fare/cabin and, for example, might not qualify for a different offer such as extra OBC on the P&O website.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I don't believe there is a specific list. There are agreements with specific business partner organisations. BLC is one, there is a tie-up with one of the civil service organisations, some employer-perks websites also offer a percentage discount.

As I said, whilst the headline figure may reduce, you might be restricted to the type of fare/cabin and, for example, might not qualify for a different offer such as extra OBC on the P&O website.

Ok, thanks 

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Yes, absolutely aware of this, and it was included in the small print of the OBC email, I was just confirming that it did form park of my conditions when booking a cruise.

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I would say they are aware of the board and what is being discussed but don't actively monitor or act on it unless its something internal which has been posted. Each brand has its own social media teams.

What we really want you to answer is when can we see real life photos inside Iona? Does she have press days/TA visits arranged. 🙃

5 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

No notification of which suite you have yet?  I’m still patiently waiting, but only for my midship balcony.

No news yet and I won’t be surprised to find out as we check in. That saves the trouble of people phoning up trying to change it or even move the cruise if they don’t like the cabin.

11 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

No news yet and I won’t be surprised to find out as we check in. That saves the trouble of people phoning up trying to change it or even move the cruise if they don’t like the cabin.

I think they will do progressive check in, and want us to be prepared with printed luggage labels. So we will know  before arrival.  
I’m still hoping nearer the 30 day mark, rather than the 1 day mark. 

I wonder what the reduced capacity will be,  and what changes “might” come in from the 21st June?  Do I need to order some sparkly face masks for the evenings?  I might start to suffer with anxiety if all of a sudden we no longer need to wear them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

I’ll wait patiently, until you are allowed. Do you like what you have seen? 

I think the ship looks great internally.

For me, it still feels like a posh hotel on water - but I like that. I would rather Cunard have the more traditional-elegant ships (also think Princess) and P&O have the modern-posh style (also think Holland America Line / Celebrity) as I believe that suits their target market.

The ship doesn't feel as brash as a Royal Caribbean / Carnival Cruise Line ship. For me, these are the Butlins at seas ships.

Also note, I'm talking about design style here and not service levels. I acknowledge both HAL and Celebrity offer a higher standard of service.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

I’m still hoping nearer the 30 day mark, rather than the 1 day mark. 

I wonder what the reduced capacity will be,  and what changes “might” come in from the 21st June?  Do I need to order some sparkly face masks for the evenings?  I might start to suffer with anxiety if all of a sudden we no longer need to wear them. 

Maybe they are waiting for June 21st themselves so see what the regulations will be as this may influence cabin allocation in some way.