image.thumb.png.53516f9e7e6c4d9c4d0503289b22c836.png

Current location Crete

dawn.jpg.80e0ad074491f8cd0bf83ab351a1c1c0.jpg

Whoop Whoop!

Heart warming photo of the crew on Silver Moon in Greece. Not sure of the actual location but its started...... 

Just reminded myself.... I should actually be on my way to Corfu this morning on Silver Spirit. So near, yet so far!

47 minutes ago, Lois R said:

How AWESOME is that photo!!!!!!!!!👍

Oh how I wished I was on the ship to have taken the photo. (I was lucky enough to see her under construction in Ancona in October 2019)

Saddened by the fact I should have had 31 days under my belt on Silver Moon... But on the bright side, that's become 26 days on Silver Dawn to look forward to.

Onwards and upwards...

Thank you for sharing these with us🙂  I hope someone is saving that Blue seat for me😀. 55 more days!

Question for you about the location of the ship......what website did you look at for it? 

What a beautiful ship. We will be on her fall 2022. Long time to wait. I am excited for all of you traveling on her this summer. I cannot wait to see everyone’s comments from their trips. Bon voyage! 

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thank you for sharing these with us🙂  I hope someone is saving that Blue seat for me😀. 55 more days!

Question for you about the location of the ship......what website did you look at for it? 

It's marine traffic .. though there are several alternatives.

8 hours ago, beaujolais said:

No one has mentioned The Silver Explorer in the background,  a long way from Australia !!

You have exceptional eyes!  I still don't see the Explorer in the pics. 😃

16 hours ago, les37b said:

image.thumb.png.53516f9e7e6c4d9c4d0503289b22c836.png

Current location Crete

dawn.jpg.80e0ad074491f8cd0bf83ab351a1c1c0.jpg

Whoop Whoop!

Heart warming photo of the crew on Silver Moon in Greece. Not sure of the actual location but its started...... 

Just reminded myself.... I should actually be on my way to Corfu this morning on Silver Spirit. So near, yet so far!

Yes, so heartwarming for those wonderful crew members who are about to return to the job they do so well.  At the same time, incredibly sad that those wonderful smiles will not be seen by the passengers. For me, a big part of cruising these small luxury lines is the contagious joy of the crew so evident in those big smiles.  Sparkling, dancing eyes and muffled laughter will have to suffice, but hopefully, by the time I chose to return to cruising, the masks will be history. 

6 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

You have exceptional eyes!  I still don't see the Explorer in the pics. 😃

Your first 2 photos, of the pool, in the background, the distinctive stacks.

I was looking at the "gallery" here on Cruise Critic and found a really nice photo of one of the SS ships in Barbados back in August 2019 but I can't find the link on it to copy and paste it here!!!

Just got the email from Silversea canceling the calls in Ashdod and Haifa Israel on our June 28th cruise on the Moon. They re-jiggered the itinerary a little and substituted Katapola on Amorgos and Nafplion. Still really looking forward to it!

Good morning,  I imagine the Israeli stops will be cancelled going forward for an undetermined amount of time. 

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning,  I imagine the Israeli stops will be cancelled going forward for an undetermined amount of time. 

I have just been informed that Israel has been removed from our cruise departing on June 28th, and the itinerary is now very different.

I was looking forward to visiting Israel for the first time, but staying safe is obviously the highest priority.

The excursions still haven't been updated in My Silversea.

Dear Esteemed Guest,

We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming voyage aboard our beloved Silver Moon.

Due to the escalating unrest in Israel and the region, we have cancelled your voyage’s calls in Ashdod and Haifa—as a precautionary measure, with your health and safety in mind, as well as that of our crew. 

We are pleased to inform you that we will instead call in the charming Greek destinations of Katapola (Amorgos), a gateway to the ancient city of Minoa, and Nafplion, regularly cited as one of Greece’s most romantic towns.

DAY

PORT

COUNTRY

ARRI

DEPAR

Mon

PIRAEUS (Athens)

Greece

7:00

22:00

Tue

Day at Sea