Odyssey re-deploying due to Middle East conflict?

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Because it's not a war zone today and no way RCI could have known what would happen two days after the conflict started when  RCI canceled the whole season. 

Hey, I get it, you trust RCI with their statements - others are a bit less trusting in this and a few other instances. 

I am even less trusting of the UN....  like they have a clue!  Not in my lifetime, and I am not young.  

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Well, as expected, something did happen, the conflict ended and TODAY, the only that counts is the main direct reason Odyssey is not sailing out of Haifa is not the conflict. That was somewhat obvious the day RCI made the announcement and very much so today.

I mean... you are saying the conflict ended at the same time senior defense officials in Israel's own government are referring to the ceasefire as "very unstable." The last major conflict in the region, there were weeks of peace followed by isolated rocket attacks, for months after the ceasefire. I don't know how to put this more politely... but you simply don't understand what you are talking about. This is not a WW2 situation where one side has surrendered and we now have peace. There is a tenuous ceasefire that may or may not lead to a lasting peaceful arrangement. And even if that is where it leads, Hamas is not a traditional government with full control of it's military; it's a terrorist organization. There is no way to know how long it will take for all of its elements to accept and abide by the peace agreement. The only way to be relatively confident things will remain peaceful, is to give the situation enough time to see what happens. You are acting like this conflict was a light switch that got turned on, and now is turned off. That's ignorant of how conflicts in this region, especially ones against terrorist organizations, historically play out.

Royal Caribbean made a common sense decision.

Royal is getting the crew vaccinated tomorrow and Saturday, as was pointed out weeks ago they could. So it's not like they couldn't get the crew vaccinated as some here claimed. They aren't selling cruises starting in two weeks, so they are losing out on money they could have been making by sailing from Israel, without making that money elsewhere, so they are losing money by making this decision. People in Israel are very upset, apparently to the point of suing them for cancelling the cruises, so far more than if they had just canceled the first two cruises to get the crew vaccinated here; so they didn't save face in any way, this actually cost them in the public relations department. So why is it exactly you are claiming they canceled? What benefit is it you are claiming they got?

Edited by Tolkmit

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am even less trusting of the UN....  like they have a clue!  Not in my lifetime, and I am not young.  

They have quite a clue when it comes to sucking up U.S. money and taking up space in NYC.

• Like 1

Looks like Odyssey sailings starting July 3rd are starting to open up from Ft. Lauderdale on some travel agents

Michael Bailey:

Travelers can once again mark their calendars and set their sights on a summer full of long-awaited cruise vacations. Building on the excitement of its upcoming return to Alaska, Royal Caribbean International has announced that six of its award-winning ships will begin sailing from major U.S. cruise ports in Florida and Texas in July and August. The cruise line’s comeback will kick off on July 2 in Miami, the cruise capital of the world, with Freedom of the Seas* embarking on a special Fourth of July weekend sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay. By the end of August, 12 Royal Caribbean ships will be cruising once again across The Bahamas, Caribbean, Alaska and Europe.

On the heels of the first cruise in Royal Caribbean’s highly anticipated return to the U.S. will be the debut of the brand-new Odyssey of the Seas* on July 3. The game-changing ship will set sail from Fort Lauderdale on new 6- and 8-night Caribbean cruises, to soon be followed by Allure, Symphony, Independence* and Mariner of the Seas. In the coming weeks, the cruise line will announce its plans to reintroduce its full fleet around the globe by year’s end. The 2021 summer cruises are available to book today.

11 hours ago, 100viper said:

Odyssey inbound to Port Canaveral. Should be showing up on the port cam within an hour or so. 

Beautiful sail into Port Canaveral today -- fire boats shot water into the air.  Festive atmospher.   Cool to see her sail by the Mardi Gras which came in earlier with all the fanfair.  

• Like 1