Odyssey re-deploying due to Middle East conflict?

6 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

refugees in Lebanon launching occasional attacks might make Haifa "safe" compared to the areas actually within range of the front; but it's not "safe" when compared with the other places she could be sailing, like the Caribbean.

You're right, the Caribbean are much safer than Haifa/Israel.

Then, again, anyone who's been around for, let's say, the last 50 years or so knows, that Israel is a volatile country, prone to frequent hostilities.

There is a reason that no international cruise line chose to homeport here.

Royal decided to be the 1st. "We" more than welcomed it, and as a result -- more than 50.000 Israelis rushed to book, generating sales of 50.000 million dollars.

BEFORE advertising and selling, Royal should have had a SIGNED contract with the Israeli Government regarding: crew vaccinations (its responsibility as an employer, definitely not Israeli tax payers) and shore excursions.

ONLY after all those points were agreed and signed upon, sales should have begun.

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Then, again, anyone who's been around for, let's say, the last 50 years or so knows, that Israel is a volatile country, prone to frequent hostilities.

Royal decided to be the 1st. "We" more than welcomed it, and as a result -- more than 50.000 Israelis rushed to book, generating sales of 50.000 million dollars.

BEFORE advertising and selling, Royal should have had a SIGNED contract with the Israeli Government regarding: crew vaccinations (its responsibility as an employer, definitely not Israeli tax payers) and shore excursions.

ONLY after all those points were agreed and signed upon, sales should have begun.

It goes both ways. Israel should have expressed that they would not be willing to help Royal get the crew vaccinated the way countries like the US are; prior to agreeing to having Odyssey home port there. From what was told to the crew, Royal was led to believe Israel would help them get the crew vaccinated, and it was only after there was public backlash that the Ministry of Health told them otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

From what was told to the crew, Royal was led to believe Israel would help them get the crew vaccinated

There is an old Latin saying: "verba volant scripta manent". I swear by it.

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

There is an old Latin saying: "verba volant scripta manent". I swear by it.

I mean... again. You are choosing to blame Royal, when the Israel government was just as involved in the process. At no point was there any plan for the crew to be vaccinated prior to getting to the ship. You think Royal should have forced Israel's government into a contractual agreement prior to planning for these cruises; then the opposite is true as well. Israel's government should have forced Royal into a contractual agreement prior to agreeing to allow these cruises.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Like @dani negreanu mentioned, something was not right about this decision by RCI.

Seems that both sides jumped the gun without sorting everything out. 

Israel is just as at fault as RC. 

Edited by 100viper
49 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

How about the last 2000 plus years and counting has had issues over there.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes,  we wouldn't to many sea days. We like to be more active seeing things onshore.

Its a fantastic trip, so many great places to visit. 

Oman, Dubai, Petra, Jerusalem, Malta.

Not to mention Suez Canal passage

Good luck seeing Anything close to that in the Caribbean 

I can't wait to go back. We should have been there last fall on Jewel, but Royal bailed on the Dubai season due to regional hostilities in 2019. 

Prior to Covid of course.

Edited by John&LaLa
17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I can't wait to go back. We should have been there last fall on Jewel, but Royal bailed on the Dubai season due to regional hostilities in 2019. 

That sounds amazing. But knowing me I'd come home from that cruise feeling like I need a vacation due to trying to get everything in. 

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That sounds amazing. But knowing me I'd come home from that cruise feeling like I need a vacation due to trying to get everything in. 

Lots of sea days to relax

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Rather do a back to back like we did on Celbrity a few years ago.

11 day cruise Pacific Coastal Cruise(left from San Diego) followed by a Alaska 7 day cruise(left from Vancouver) or 14 or 15 day West to East Panama Canal Cruise...........(San Deigo to Ft. Lauderdale)

How many straight sea days was in that cruise above you mentioned..........Probably 7 or 8, way to many for us.

Edited by Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Rather do a back to back like we did on Celbrity a few years ago.

11 day cruise Pacific Coastal Cruise followed by a Alaska 7 day cruise or 14 or 15 day West to East Panama Canal Cruise...........

How many straight sea days was in that cruise above you mentioned..........Probably 7 or 8, way to many for us.

Maybe, the leg from Dubai to Barcelona was 15 days total. Overall trip was 28, should have been 41 if it continued on to Miami.

Sea days are great.

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Is there any timeline of when she might end up in Florida?

As per Michael Bayley on Sunday, “within the next few days” she’ll start heading to Port Canaveral. 

Just now, 100viper said:

As per Michael Bayley on Sunday, “within the next few days” she’ll start heading to Port Canaveral. 

Thanks  Did not know that it was confirmed about PC 

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2021 at 7:30 AM, Jimbo said:

....That they never really intended to sail from there.... Signs sure didn't show a June start.

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you ever wonder if the Nassau and Bermuda sailings are also a cash grab and won't happen

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like a mess just waiting to happen.........More disgruntled cruisers and more cancellations. But RCCL got the cash in hand 🙂 It's all good!

tenor.gif

Edited by Hoopster95
3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Thanks  Did not know that it was confirmed about PC 

PC is just for their vaccines. It hasn’t been confirmed if that’s where she’ll homeport. 

3 hours ago, Kbonner said:

A view from an Israeli source. According to this article, the Israeli government shot itself in the foot....

IMRA - Saturday, May 15, 2021 Weekly Commentary: Ministry of Health Defeats Royal Caribbean With An Assist From Hamas

Unfortunately knowing how things go here between various government ministries, I can find this very easy to believe.  It could be that Royal fell prey to a very Israeli way of life, "SMOCH", which means , "Don't worry it will all work out in the end"  As we are now less than 2 weeks from sailing and you need 7 days after the second vaccination, Royal could have realized that it just wasn't going to happen and pulled the plug.

Dani, I agree that Haifa is out of range now, but all it takes is a phone call from Hamas to Hizballah to put it into range.  As we both believe, this will be over in a few days, but we are not responsible for a couple of thousand lives

25 minutes ago, 100viper said:

PC is just for their vaccines. It hasn’t been confirmed if that’s where she’ll homeport. 

I thought Royal was doing vaccinations in Miami? I know PC is doing them as well, but no Royal ships that I know of

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 100viper said:

Don't think it will get confirmed or not where she is home porting until they confirm or not  if there will be any ships sailing from Florida in 2021........Right now it's still up in the air. So no new itineraires are being worked up just yet, no bookings of anykind yet made.

Edited by Jimbo
7 hours ago, 100viper said:

According to crew, plan is to leave Cyprus tomorrow, making their way towards PC.

What were the canceled Haifa/Israel sailings options for refunds? Any compensation given besides the extra 25% FCC.

Have not heard anyone mention it today?

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What were the canceled Haifa/Israel sailings options for refunds? Any compensation given besides the extra 25% FCC.

Have not heard anyone mention it today?

They were given $400 obc if they booked  Jewel from Limassol