Mardi Gras NOT sailing til October

Shakatime

Just now, firefly333 said:

I wouldnt take cruisemapper as gospel. .. just me. I'd want to hear it from carnival. 

my TA knows I am crazy paranoid,  she will let me know if we need to cancel or stay the course.  she emailed me last week and said not to worry.  so gotta trust my TA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. It's within a reasonable time frame. I suspect that ship in particular will need more time than the rest due to its size and being a new ship with new crew etc. October is very reasonable all things considered.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, stellarose said:

my TA knows I am crazy paranoid,  she will let me know if we need to cancel or stay the course.  she emailed me last week and said not to worry.  so gotta trust my TA. 

They all say that... until it’s canceled lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, stellarose said:

Nothing is coming up cancelled on Carnival's site after 7/31/2021. If your TA seems optimistic, I'll stay that way, too.

Take cruisemapper with a grain of salt. For instance, Carnival has announced that the Miracle would replace the Freedom on Alaska cruises beginning on July 27th through September 4th.  With the bill in the House, there is a good possibility that these cruises can happen. This was not addressed in the Cruisemapper article. 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 40yearcruiser said:

I just checked Carnival website and it still says our 9/4/21 cruise on the Mardi Gras has not been cancelled. Hope it's true! 

I think it's the not knowing that is driving everyone crazy. Feels like we should be able to restart .. just ain't no news.

• Like 2

So, just now...I went to cruisemapper and copied this: 

CCL-Carnival Cruise Lines Coronavirus update

CCL-Carnival Cruise Line suspended its fleet's passenger shipping operations by canceling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 13, 2020, through June 30, 2021. Cruise shipping services are currently planned to resume on July 1, 2021.

Next are listed CCL-Carnival's first departure dates by ship/homeport in 2021 - MARDI GRAS (Aug 7/Port Canaveral/Maiden Voyage), PANORAMA (Aug 7/Long Beach LA), HORIZON (July 4/Miami), VISTA (July 3/Galveston Texas), BREEZE (July 15/Galveston Texas), MAGIC (Nov 6/Port Canaveral), DREAM (Aug 8/Galveston), SPLENDOR (Sept 25/Sydney Australia), FREEDOM (Oct 15/Miami), LIBERTY (Aug 2/Port Canaveral), VALOR (Nov 1/NOLA New Orleans), MIRACLE (Aug 2/Long Beach LA), GLORY (Aug 1/NOLA New Orleans), LEGEND (Nov 14/Baltimore to Bermuda), CONQUEST (Aug 2/Miami), SPIRIT (Sept 19/Brisbane Australia), PRIDE (Aug 1/Baltimore to Caribbean), RADIANCE (Nov 5/Long Beach LA), SUNRISE (Aug 5/Miami), ELATION (Aug 2/Port Canaveral), PARADISE (Nov 2/Tampa), SUNSHINE (Aug 2/Charleston SC), SENSATION (Aug 2/Mobile Alabama), ECSTASY (Aug 5/Jacksonville FL).

The 2020-built Mardi Gras ship's inaugural cruise (Caribbean from Port Canaveral) was rescheduled from April 24 to May 29, then June 5, July 3, Oct 2. Carnival Legend's Europe 2021 program (May 17 - October 31/Mediterranean from Barcelona) was canceled. Carnival's 2021 Alaska from Seattle (Freedom) and Alaska from San Francisco (Miracle) programs were both canceled. All Carnival ship relocation voyages (RepositionCruises.com) in 2021 were canceled.

Carnival Radiance (fka Carnival Victory) restarts from Long Beach (3-4-night Catalina Island and Ensenada) on November 5.

Carnival Australia ships restart cruises on July 8 (Splendor/from Sydney NSW) and Sept 19 (Spirit/from Brisbane QLD). CCL's newest boat (Carnival Celebration) has a Maiden Voyage scheduled for Nov 6, 2022 (Transatlantic from Southampton to Miami).

Due to scheduled drydock refurbishments, the ships Magic (from Port Canaveral), Paradise (from Tampa) and Valor (from NOLA-New Orleans) start voyages on November 6.

• Carnival Magic's cruises from Miami (March-May), from Norfolk VA (to Bermuda and Caribbean/May-June and September-November) and from NYC (Canada New England and Eastern Caribbean/June-September) were canceled.
  • Carnival Paradise's Western Caribbean roundtrips from Tampa (March 19 through November 1) were all canceled.
  • Carnival Valor's Western Caribbean roundtrips from NOLA (April 29 through November 1) were all canceled.

All affected bookings received full monetary refunds (100%), including on prepurchased through CCL packages and services. With rebooking (must be made by May 31, 2021), refunds are in FCC (future cruise credit) transferred to the new booking. Cruises 5-day or shorter receive a full monetary refund or a 100% refund in FCC plus USD 300 in OBC (onboard credit) per stateroom. Cruises 6-day and longer receive a full monetary refund or a 100% FCC plus USD 600 in OBC per stateroom.  Booking cancelations prior to the final payment are penalty-free - unless the booking was on a specific promo offer with a non-refundable deposit and/or cruise fare.

• Like 1

So maybe it will be August 7th:

Next are listed CCL-Carnival's first departure dates by ship/homeport in 2021 - MARDI GRAS (Aug 7/Port Canaveral/Maiden Voyage)

And they need to change this:

The 2020-built Mardi Gras ship's inaugural cruise (Caribbean from Port Canaveral) was rescheduled from April 24 to May 29, then June 5, July 3, Oct 2.