booked a cruise this week for 2022 - ta says c and a told her the rate i got is not combineable with the d + balcony disc-

My ta booked a 2022 cruise for me this week.   Crown and Anchor told her I cant use my diamond plus balcony discount with this rate.   Is this a new thing or did my ta just speak to someone who doesnt know what they are talking about?

any input greatly appreciated!

3 minutes ago, piercetc4 said:

My ta booked a 2022 cruise for me this week.   Crown and Anchor told her I cant use my diamond plus balcony discount with this rate.   Is this a new thing or did my ta just speak to someone who doesnt know what they are talking about?

Did your TA tell  you what that rate is?

i was trying to decide between cruises and i finally chose one-  asked the ta to book it the next day and the rate went up $300 between me finding the cruise and booking it like a day later-  so i went to check rates a couple days after booking and the rate had dropped back down by $300-   

Did you try booking it online to see just what shows as the normal current price, potentially with C&A discount, or resident discount, or any others you qualify for? It's simple to do; it may explain something better for you.

wow-   i guess it shows im not keeping up with all the changes going on-   i have never had issue in the past getting the balcony discount-   i plan to call c and a in a day or so to see what they say

when i try a ghost booking,   im not given the option to plug in c and a # ,  state where we live,  age or any of those factors.....

Just now, piercetc4 said:

when i try a ghost booking,   im not given the option to plug in c and a # ,  state where we live,  age or any of those factors.....

See the link at the bottom right? Click that.

image.thumb.png.be29b55ab35a672c6ad7a2ac2228630e.png

4 minutes ago, piercetc4 said:

wow-   i guess it shows im not keeping up with all the changes going on-   i have never had issue in the past getting the balcony discount-   i plan to call c and a in a day or so to see what they say

Look at your invoice to see what you got for discounts.  I just priced a cruise and got a flash sale and an instant savings that total $450, which is higher than the balcony discount.  Those are not usually combinable with balcony discounts, though the 60% off second guest is combinable.

10 minutes ago, piercetc4 said:

when i do the ghost booking ,  it is not taking anything off for d+ balcony discount.....

You are only getting 60% off guest two?  I get 60% off guest 2, a flash sale and an instant savings, one of which is $300 and the other $150, which is more than the balcony discount.

Look at your invoice to see the discounts applied and talk to your TA.  They should be able to look at what the sale was when you booked and tell you what was combinable and what wasn't.

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You are only getting 60% off guest two?  I get 60% off guest 2, a flash sale and an instant savings, one of which is $300 and the other $150, which is more than the balcony discount.

Look at your invoice to see the discounts applied and talk to your TA.  They should be able to look at what the sale was when you booked and tell you what was combinable and what wasn't.

The flash sale seems to depend on dates. I was mock booking and it showed on closer in dates but not the farthest out dates. I hit a few flash sales. 

18 minutes ago, piercetc4 said:

mine says 60% off guest 2 nrd, save more nrd, kicker nrd and fcc ( a little less than 1/2 my fcc has been applied thus far)

What ship, date and category were you booking? I'll see what it comes up with for me.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, piercetc4 said:

mine says 60% off guest 2 nrd, save more nrd, kicker nrd and fcc ( a little less than 1/2 my fcc has been applied thus far)

I am not a TA and can find the details, it is not combinable.  Your TA should see that.

Combinability: BOGO60 and 2022 Kicker are combinable with each other as well as promotional OBCs, Next Cruise offers, instant savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers, Free Upgrades, Crown and Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Up to $300 off is combinable with BOGO60 and 2022 Kicker as well as with promotional OBCs, Next Cruise offers, Instant Savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers, Free Upgrades, and Shareholder Benefits, but not combinable with Crown and Anchor discounts. Resident rates apply to select states on select sailings; valid state of residence must be provided at time of booking. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates.  Promo Code driven offers are based on select ships and sail dates and must be applied at time of booking; limit one promo code per booking.

Edited by reallyitsmema

The terms and conditions on current promotions are at Promotions & Deals Terms and Conditions | Royal Caribbean Cruises.

Of course, in typical Royal Caribbean style, while it shows the terms of the Up To $300 promotion, it isn't mentioned among the Combinability section.

Combinability: BOGO60 and 2022 Kicker are combinable with each other as well as promotional OBCs, Next Cruise offers, instant savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers, Free Upgrades, Crown and Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Resident rates apply to select states on select sailings; valid address must be entered at time of booking to redeem savings. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates. Promo Code driven offers are based on select ships and sail dates and must be applied at time of booking; limit one promo code per booking.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am not a TA and can find the details, it is not combinable.  Your TA should see that.

Combinability: BOGO60 and 2022 Kicker are combinable with each other as well as promotional OBCs, Next Cruise offers, instant savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers, Free Upgrades, Crown and Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Up to $300 off is combinable with BOGO60 and 2022 Kicker as well as with promotional OBCs, Next Cruise offers, Instant Savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers, Free Upgrades, and Shareholder Benefits, but not combinable with Crown and Anchor discounts. Resident rates apply to select states on select sailings; valid state of residence must be provided at time of booking. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates.  Promo Code driven offers are based on select ships and sail dates and must be applied at time of booking; limit one promo code per booking.

Wait a minute wait a minute, did I miss something, don't those two sentences contradict each other and don't make any sense....what are they saying?

Edited by BecciBoo

11 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Wait a minute wait a minute, did I miss something, don't those two sentences contradict each other and don't make any sense....what are they saying?

Break up the paragraph better... that NOT part is in the section referring to when the "Up to $300" promo can be combined.

3 hours ago, piercetc4 said:

i was trying to decide between cruises and i finally chose one-  asked the ta to book it the next day and the rate went up $300 between me finding the cruise and booking it like a day later-  so i went to check rates a couple days after booking and the rate had dropped back down by $300-   

You can get a reprice when you see a lower price for same category cabin. We have had as many as 4 price reductions between booking and final payment day.  I believe they now honor price reductions as a OBC after final payment date and up to 48 hours before sailing. . 

3 hours ago, piercetc4 said:

The recent promos have included an instant savings that is greater than tje D+ discount and are not combinable. 

Thank you all for your input!  We booked harmony may 8 2022.  I will watch price drops until this sailing runs out of junior suites to price check against 😉