Back to Back on Virtuosa

Algie21

Hi,

has anyone booked a back to back 4 night cruise on Virtuosa.

I have checked with agent and they have confirmed this is ok.

Any thoughts?

I asked about it with MSC when they first went on sale - they told me they would NOT be offering B2B.

That was a month ago - so knowing MSC they could have changed their minds 3 times since then lol

I would definitely ask them before booking - and then I would book direct and not through an agent so they can't blame the TA.

8 minutes ago, rattla said:

How would that work in respect to change over?  Would you have to get off and test in between?

The whole Covid thing and virus incubation times was the reason they didn't want to accept B2B

16 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

The whole Covid thing and virus incubation times was the reason they didn't want to accept B2B

If that is MSC's reasoning it presents some real questions regarding their safety protocols. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Até said:

If that is MSC's reasoning it presents some real questions regarding their safety protocols. 

I think it was the CDC's ruling that no back to back cruises to be allowed. I know the CDC has no say in the UK but the cruise lines perhaps are trying to stick to some sort of standard.

Edited by LifeonMars

Hello,

My experience is this:

• 4th May try to move my 12th June to 3rd July to B2B with 10th July already booked. Told not a problem except I had booked the Premium Plus drinks upgrade and it cannot be transferred, I have to cancel, transfer the booking and rebook the drinks upgrade and BTW, it's an extra £104 and some loose change.
  • 5th May I cancel my drinks upgrade and TA then attempts the cruise transfer. No, it cannot be done as I have to take a swab test before boarding. But, we reply, I *will be* on board and will have taken the swab test to get on board. Response is 'those are the rules - write to revenue if you don't like it. Why Revenue?? TA emails Revenue department'.
  • 6th May Revenue Department says they are following CLIA guidelines but does not mention anything about swab testing. This I very much doubt - CDC guidelines perhaps. I write to Paradiso pointing out a distinct lack of logic/continuity in MSC's positions - plural as there seems to be more than one at any one time.
  • 6th May TA transfers my 12th June to 26th June. MSC agent says 'Oh, I can't be bothered with those odd amounts - lets call it £100 to upgrade (and thank you very much says I).
  • 16th May still no response from Paradiso.

I am in the equal and opposite position on RCI where, allegedly, no B2B's until after the end of August but I am booked B2B2B starting on 29th of that month.

I think this shows a distinct lack of training in both organisations and poor (or no) internal communications such they they are not all singing from the same hymn sheet on the same topic.

Regards,

Cublet

3 hours ago, cublet said:

I am in the equal and opposite position on RCI where, allegedly, no B2B's until after the end of August but I am booked B2B2B starting on 29th of that month.

If your B2B is from a US Port then the CDC are (I believe) standing firm on their MAX 7 NIGHT cruise duration until a date in November 2021 (I cant remember the date).

We were on a 14N B2B August 28th out of Florida but moved the second 7N to Divina to get around the problem - we just have to hire a car and get from Miami to Port Canaveral for the following day and a little hassle getting back to Miami airport at the end BUT at least we have our 2 x 7N of cruises (fingers crossed).