Some Advice Please

Diane67B

My sister and I are booked on the Encore, leaving Miami on January 16th 2022.  We both only want to go on a fully vaccinated cruise. Do you think we should rebook from another port now because of Floridas vaccine passport ban, or do you think I am jumping the gun and I should wait and see what happens. I REALLY want to cruise and I am so scared that it will be canceled because it leaves from Miami. Thanks so much for any advice you can give.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diane67B said:

My sister and I are booked on the Encore, leaving Miami on January 16th 2022.  We both only want to go on a fully vaccinated cruise. Do you think we should rebook from another port now because of Floridas vaccine passport ban, or do you think I am jumping the gun and I should wait and see what happens. I REALLY want to cruise and I am so scared that it will be canceled because it leaves from Miami. Thanks so much for any advice you can give.

I have been looking at those cruises and I am holding off booking. I really want to cruise on the Encore my birthday is January 7th and I wanted to book the cruise out of Miami on the Encore. So like you I have doubts but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I am booked on a September cruise on the Norwegian Joy out of Jamaica.  I was thinking about doing either the Breakaway out of New Orleans or the Bliss out of LA in January instead. I haven't been on the Bliss but I have sailed on the Breakaway. I am going to follow your post!

thanks for posting

Tracie

• Like 2

Summerstravel

I feel like I am riding a roller coaster lately. Good news, bad news, good news, bad new. Repeat. Thanks for your response. I know I can’t be the only one waiting to see what happens. I save all year to be able to take one cruise. I just don’t want the disappointment of having this one canceled too. New Orleans and Jamaica seem like they would be awesome ports. I’ve never been on the Bliss but I was on The Breakaways sister, The Getaway and LOVED it!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diane67B said:

As fast as everything is changing and that the conditional Sail Order might end November 1st I am not sure any cruise in January will be vaccinated passengers only. My personal thoughts are I am vaccinated and the majority who want to travel will be as well. I have a cruise in February and I feel the same as you, but I am going to suck it up and start living life again and just go on the cruise.

As a side note the bliss is a beautiful ship that I loved. You will really enjoy it.

• Like 4

No way to know with such uncertainty with the future.  I'm same thing.  Want fully vaccinated and no masks.  I'm just going to hold off and do last minute booking when some certainty occurs.  There is no correct answer at this time.  

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Diane67B said:

All cruise lines will move away from vaccinated cruises as soon as they can. NCL's current policy (which will probably be extended a bit) is: Guest vaccination requirements are currently for all sailings embarking through October 31, 2021– we will follow the science to make determinations on requirements for all other future sailings.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Diane67B said:

Perhaps think about looking at the bigger picture of humanity rather than simply going on a cruise or not. When working during the 80's and we would get AIDS patients on the floor, there were nurses who felt nervous having them as patients and we would change patient assignments to accommodate.

I am so grateful that I didn't have the same thought process as some I worked with. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Diane67B said:

I can't answer your question, but I can say that DH and I are booked on the Breakaway Jan 16, 2022 out of New Orleans.  NOLA is our favorite port to sail from.  Come join us!

• Like 1