Do you have a favorite backpack that you like to bring off the ship?

pampaul

I've usually carried a regular "beach bag" type bag when we get off the ship (to carry extra clothes is going to a beach, sunscreen, a towel, etc)  But I think this time around I'd like to get a back pack sort of bag.  

Any suggestions?

I have  a small lightweight  one by Samsonite that folds up to a 5" square 

but  we rarely go to the beach so it probably not work if you need a beach towel

We have been using several types of backpacks for years...big enough to carry all your "beach" stuff.  But our favorite has been our always reliable Jansport backpack. 

That said, there is an even better bag to consider: a drybag.  We love our Jansport backpack, BUT a drybag (many brands available on Amazon) has several advantages.  1. It keeps all your stuff dry...thus drybag.  2. It folds.  3. It's lightweight. 4. It floats.  5. It is made of tough, rubber material...and best of all, you can easily wash it.  Drybags comes in sling or backpack harness.  Hope that helps.

We are not generally beach people so I have a rather large crossbody bag that goes ashore.  But for those time a beach is inevitable, I have packable backpacks from Lug (luglife.com).  I have the original echo packable which folds onto its side pocket, but just got the newer echo which folds into a bottom pocket.  They hold two beach towels and more.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

4 hours ago, pampaul said:

I've usually carried a regular "beach bag" type bag when we get off the ship (to carry extra clothes is going to a beach, sunscreen, a towel, etc)  But I think this time around I'd like to get a back pack sort of bag.  

Any suggestions?

We have two Cruise Critic bags that I won in a CC contest.Hopefully they will resume the competition.

• Like 1

Have a small backpack (must have been a gift from a tour company) that I got at a rummage sale.

Has 1 medium and 2 small zipped pockets which can hold a couple of jackets and a small umbrella or other misc. stuff.  But the nicest thing is two elastic webs on either side that we use to hold two 1/2 liter bottles of water.

I'm a well-known bag addict.  So what bag I take is dependent on how much junk I'm going to take and what I"m doing.  

that said, my two backpack-type bags that I use most frequently now for non-hiking purposes are my Sherpani Tempest and my Cotopaxi Bogata.  

Years ago I bought a pretty standard backpack at a shop in Prague that has held up very well over the years.   I guess technically it would be a "day pack".  It is brand name Naerdvo, which means nothing to me.  I doubt it is considered a status brand anywhere as I paid all of $19 for it.  It is one of those things that turned out to be an incredibly great value.  It has been all around the world and I will  be taking it on our next trip. 

I guess I should apologize as this is going to be of little help to the OP's question about beach-going backpacks.  😊

On 5/16/2021 at 5:36 PM, pampaul said:

Any suggestions?

We have two back packs that we use for traveling. Both are from Pac-safe and include security measures like locking zippers,  no-cut fabric, and small steel cables in the straps to prevent cutting.  Cech the Pac-Safe website.

We use this one for any travel where we'll do day-hikes or excursions, and love it - https://www.amazon.com/Outlander-Packable-Lightweight-Backpack-Daypack/dp/B01LWOD1ZR?ots=1&tag=travandleis07-20&linkCode=w50&th=1 . Packs away quite small and light, you barely even notice it when it's not being used. 

Edited by Zach1213

7 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

We use this one for any travel where we'll do day-hikes or excursions, and love it - https://www.amazon.com/Outlander-Packable-Lightweight-Backpack-Daypack/dp/B01LWOD1ZR?ots=1&tag=travandleis07-20&linkCode=w50&th=1 . Packs away quite small and light, you barely even notice it when it's not being used. 

We have 2 of the smaller versions from the same brand. Got them for Alaska in 2018 and have used them for all sorts of things at home and traveling. Well made. They still look new. Very comfortable to wear. Solid purchase, especially at that price point.