4 hours ago, chrism23 said:

Hi,  I post quit a bit.  My posts have been showing up colored red.  How to I get back to normal black.  Thanks

@chrism23

Howdy!  emo22.gif

Some company names, links, websites or not "family friendly" words in a new post will trigger the Approval Queue for Staff/Management. This is an automated software process that is one of the tools Cruise Critic uses for spam defense. The member posting the post will see their post in red but other members cannot see the post. The software automatically requests a review of the hidden post before allowing it to appear on the message board for all to see. A human, when time permits, will read the hidden post to approve or deny. If the post contains any of the auto-censored company names, links, websites or not "family friendly" words it will be denied from posting and no longer appear in the thread. 

See the following from the Guidelines:

"Other Cruise & Travel Sites

Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic. Additionally, we respectfully request that you do not use our forums to promote or advertise other cruise-related websites."

"... Question: Why don't you allow us to post about other cruise sites? My post contains *** and then you removed it!  Answer:  Actually, we do allow the legitimate linking to information at another cruise site, as long as that link isn't posted in an attempt to drive traffic to that site (in the sole discretion of Cruise Critic), or if the posting of such site is meant to cause disruption within the community. If a website's url or name is replaced by a series of *****, it may mean that particular website had spammed our community with advertisements for their site, or that member(s) may have posted in a way that we consider self-promotion or advertising..."

In your case, you posted a website link that is not an official cruise line website, has a message-board, is partnered with a TA and therefore prohibited.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!  emo34.gif  Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!!! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

HI, Kat.

I was unaware that a couple of my posts violated guidelines.  I have about 300 posts in, and right now I am talking to Terry from Ohio about using frozen peas as icemafter knee replacements. Perhaps a little off topic but hardly controversial.  I shall be more careful in my choice of words in the future.  I hope one offense does not put my on any sort of banned list.  I feel like I have been a valued member of the Silversea community.  Thanks.  Cheers.  Chris

1 hour ago, chrism23 said:

HI, Kat.

I was unaware that a couple of my posts violated guidelines.  I have about 300 posts in, and right now I am talking to Terry from Ohio about using frozen peas as icemafter knee replacements. Perhaps a little off topic but hardly controversial.  I shall be more careful in my choice of words in the future.  I hope one offense does not put my on any sort of banned list.  I feel like I have been a valued member of the Silversea community.  Thanks.  Cheers.  Chris

They aren't necessarily violating guidelines. Something has set the automatic system off. They need to be looked at by a human before a decision is made. Then they will be released (or not). At the moment you are just in limbo.

12 hours ago, chrism23 said:

... I hope one offense does not put my on any sort of banned list...

Chris,

Please don't worry. There are warnings first. See the Guidelines Reminders section in the Guidelines.

11 hours ago, gnome12 said:

... At the moment you are just in limbo.

After a manual review and the post is denied, the poster will no longer see it. Their post will no longer be there in red as it was before the manual review. If the post is approved, the poster as well as everyone else will see the post in the thread.