Port Canaveral Terminal/Parking

I wanted to get an idea of what to expect on departure day at Port Canaveral. How's the traffic, is there plenty of parking, is it well organized etc.  This will be the first time we'll be driving to the port and parking. Our cruise is in September this year. 

Thanks

Donna

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

I wanted to get an idea of what to expect on departure day at Port Canaveral. How's the traffic, is there plenty of parking, is it well organized etc.  This will be the first time we'll be driving to the port and parking. Our cruise is in September this year. 

Thanks

Donna

Plenty of parking in both terminal and off site.

The actual terminal is fantastic. That being said, no idea how things will work in post Covid world

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vegas7df said:

Thanks

Donna

The city of Cape Canaveral is a nice, small laid-back town and it's port is the best from which to embark on a cruise. No stress and as mentioned in post #4, plenty of parking on and off sight. Careful though, you might get spoiled.

• Like 1

Parking at the RCL terminal is quick and easy.  You enter and proceed to bag check to leave your big things (and passengers if you like), then proceed around to the ramp up to the parking spots.  Lots of signs.  Plenty of room.  

• Like 3

One nice thing about parking at the terminal is you only pay for your first cruise week. So, if you are doing a B2B, the second week is free😉

It also applies to short cruises

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

One nice thing about parking at the terminal is you only pay for your first cruise week. So, if you are doing a B2B, the second week is free😉

Yes John that is a nice benefit. I've taken advantage of that many times. The one draw back about terminal parking at Port Canaveral is they charge you an extra day. They charge 8 nights for a 7 night cruise. 

• Like 1

I've heard the elevators are very slow in the terminal parking and that it's better to drop off the luggage prior to parking the car.  Opinions?

24 minutes ago, Teeara said:

I've heard the elevators are very slow in the terminal parking and that it's better to drop off the luggage prior to parking the car.  Opinions?

Didn't know there was such a thing as a fast elevator in a parking garage......if you are parking, dropping of luggage always makes sense, because why fight with it in the garage.  

56 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Absolutely drop off luggage first

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I’ve never done that.  It’s just DH and me, 2 bags with wheels.  It takes both of us to remember where the car is after the cruise.  If I dropped him and bags off, I can just imagine the “discussion “ afterwards while I’m trying to find the car.  Not a good way to end a vacation and start an 8 hour drive home.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, ATG said:

I’ve never done that.  It’s just DH and me, 2 bags with wheels.  It takes both of us to remember where the car is after the cruise.  If I dropped him and bags off, I can just imagine the “discussion “ afterwards while I’m trying to find the car.  Not a good way to end a vacation and start an 8 hour drive home.

If you are going to bring your own luggage down make sure you bring your patience. Out last cruise out of there there was a lot of people waiting for the elevator. We took the stairs instead, but we dropped our luggage off first. 

28 minutes ago, ATG said:

We have never dropped off our bags either and also just the 2 of us.  I have never noticed the elevator taking a long time  One less line to get in

37 minutes ago, ATG said:

Last time I sailed from Port Canaveral (February 2020) we dropped the two large bags off first and then parked since I was sailing with my Mom instead of my DH.  We then parked the car close to the elevator and proceeded to check in.  We timed it well as there was no wait to drop luggage off and there was no wait for an elevator either.  After cruise, porter actually took us to the garage and loaded car.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yay! Another great reason to do more B2B's! I love it! Thanks for that info! We used to park off-site (cheaper) but parked once at the port and became spoiled! So quick and easy! Getting a 2nd week free really makes it a no brainer!

• Like 3

On 5/16/2021 at 2:19 PM, John&LaLa said:

Plenty of parking in both terminal and off site.

The actual terminal is fantastic. That being said, no idea how things will work in post Covid world

Totally agree about the terminal.  Fir the few extra $ that it costs vs the off site parking snd not having to deal with waiting for shuttles it is money well spent for us. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

The city of Cape Canaveral is a nice, small laid-back town and it's port is the best from which to embark on a cruise. No stress and as mentioned in post #4, plenty of parking on and off sight. Careful though, you might get spoiled.

^ This!  Port Canaveral is fantastic.  Tons of room and I have to admit to being spoiled.  We went out of Tampa in March 2020 (right before everything shut down) and it was awful in comparison.  The cruise was fine but we much prefer Port Canaveral - way more room and a much better design.

We have never sailed out of other ports (like Miami or Ft. L), but if they are anything like Tampa, you definitely will get spoiled by PC.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

John.

Would you recommend having 1 night in a PC hotel with parking included for a short cruise and get hotel transfers.

If so which hotel?.