Dress Code

stamford57

On 5/17/2021 at 6:05 AM, stamford57 said:

New to Princess board, a very interesting welcome haha! 

The Princess Forum is for rank amateurs. If you want a real Dress Code Donnybrook, go ask about dress codes on the Cunard Forum.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, scottca075 said:

even in the best restaurants in our resorty home towns of Newport Beach and Coronado CA, nice shorts would be acceptable.

Those from cold, clammy climes have no understanding of Shorts culture and the freedom of naked knees.

We just have to bear with their prejudices until enlightenment arrives.

• Like 3

On 5/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, cruzsnooze said:

I don't care what your husband wears. I have more important business like minding my own.

Well-said.  I have never understood why some folks concern themselves with what others choose to wear!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scottca075 said:

The Princess Forum is for rank amateurs. If you want a real Dress Code Donnybrook, go ask about dress codes on the Cunard Forum.

Yes, like a clergyman wearing tuxedo trousers, utter disgrace.

Regards John

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Those from cold, clammy climes have no understanding of Shorts culture and the freedom of naked knees.

We just have to bear with their prejudices until enlightenment arrives.

With global warming going the way it is,  shouldnt be too long before even here in the Highlands of Scotland tartan shorts will be the norm

• Like 3

10 hours ago, scottca075 said:

This is what dress shorts look like.

s7-1400949_alternate10?$rl_df_pdp_5_7_a1

It is the "Resort Casual" look. Non dress shorts could be sports shorts, cargo shorts, camo shorts, jean shorts, etc.

correct - and I have just 'updated' to these from almost exclusive cargo shorts ( which are still being worn for 'everyday' attire

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 1:03 PM, cruzsnooze said:

I don't care what your husband wears. I have more important business like minding my own.

7 hours ago, tip said:

Well-said.  I have never understood why some folks concern themselves with what others choose to wear!

Like I said way back in post #19, "She asked", so it is everyone's business!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scottca075 said:

This is what dress shorts look like.

s7-1400949_alternate10?$rl_df_pdp_5_7_a1

It is the "Resort Casual" look. Non dress shorts could be sports shorts, cargo shorts, camo shorts, jean shorts, etc.

This young man could wear almost anything and look dressed up and fabulous!  Most men...well, you know.  If you don’t look like this, then please stick to long pants.  Just saying.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

33 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

This young man could wear almost anything and look dressed up and fabulous!  Most men...well, you know.  If you don’t look like this, then please stick to long pants.  Just saying.

33 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Oh nooooooooooo......not only do we now have to be limited by Princess' archaic dress code on what we can wear but men can be body shamed too on Princess ships when entering the dining room.......where will it all end???😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Oh nooooooooooo......not only do we now have to be limited by Princess' archaic dress code on what we can wear but men can be body shamed too on Princess ships when entering the dining room.......where will it all end???😄

I guess I’m one of the archaic!  I just like to see my man dressed for dinner in something that he doesn’t wear to cut the grass.  His attention to detail does not go unrewarded.  If your better half is okay with it, then go for it, especially if you look like that lovely young man in the photo. lol

My comments are purely in jest, of course.  Just so tired of Covid and vaccination conversations!  Wear what you want and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My questions are: Can I reduce my gratuities? Can I reserve a lounger at 6:00am and not sit in it until 10:00am? Can I share my drink package?    See we are getting back to the important issues!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, MissyKish said:

My questions are: Can I reduce my gratuities? Can I reserve a lounger at 6:00am and not sit in it until 10:00am? Can I share my drink package?    See we are getting back to the important issues!

Welcome to CC!  Yes to all your questions...lol.  It’s starting to feel normal again, right!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have been a long time reader. Not really new, but the dress code nonsense made me want to post. My favorite line is "shorts are an insult to others in the room." I cannot imagine being so uptight, that someone in shorts insults me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My husband and I enjoy dressing as "Business Casual" to the dining room on Royal Caribbean ships.  We have always been pampered in the dining room, and dressing up a bit makes us feel a little more special.  It adds to the ambiance of the cruise.  We reserve shorts for breakfast/lunch and attending daytime events, and swimsuits for the pool area. Since we live in Florida and wear shorts all year round, it's nice to have a chance to dress up once in a while.  Just our two cents.  It's not right or wrong,  just makes our cruise a bit more "Royal".

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

That looks perfectly fine for a casual evening in the DR.

• Like 1

An interesting point,  shorts were the go in years gone by.... but as one as aged shorts are for hot summer days, may be going to supermarket and around home, but that is about it.....

So for me shorts are out, don't wish to scare the locals......

and do not go swimming in pools and the sea, if one did it would be on the news...lol

Really Shorts in MDR..... honestly I would just like to be in MDR....

as things stand here it is looking like 2022-2023 seasons     maybe..... before one gets there...

Edited by getting older slowly

10 hours ago, MissyKish said:

My questions are: Can I reduce my gratuities? It is up to you if you want the crew to tip you less.

Can I reserve a lounger at 6:00am and not sit in it until 10:00am?  No. The rule is that a lounger reserved at 6 AM must not be returned to until 3:28 PM.

Can I share my drink package?    Only with people in full suites.

See we are getting back to the important issues!

Your questions are answered above in red.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, birdsinparadise525 said:

My husband and I enjoy dressing as "Business Casual" to the dining room on Royal Caribbean ships.  We have always been pampered in the dining room, and dressing up a bit makes us feel a little more special.  It adds to the ambiance of the cruise.  We reserve shorts for breakfast/lunch and attending daytime events, and swimsuits for the pool area. Since we live in Florida and wear shorts all year round, it's nice to have a chance to dress up once in a while.  Just our two cents.  It's not right or wrong,  just makes our cruise a bit more "Royal".

But....  but...  but..... "Business Casual" isn't "dressing up"; it is just slacks and a collared shirt. Dressing up would be a suit, a coat & tie or tuxedo.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MissyKish said:

I have been a long time reader. Not really new, but the dress code nonsense made me want to post. My favorite line is "shorts are an insult to others in the room." I cannot imagine being so uptight, that someone in shorts insults me.

Isn't it interesting that many of the people on CC who are totally against vaccines or vaccine passports are rigid believers in the Princess MDR Dress Code........talk about upside down priorities and values.....🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Isn't it interesting that many of the people on CC who are totally against vaccines or vaccine passports are rigid believers in the Princess MDR Dress Code........talk about upside down priorities and values.....🤪

and also all the posters who have actually never cruised on Princess or have stated ( some multiple times ) how they will never cruise on Princess again 

what's up with that ????

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, scottca075 said:

But....  but...  but..... "Business Casual" isn't "dressing up"; it is just slacks and a collared shirt. Dressing up would be a suit, a coat & tie or tuxedo.

business casual IS dressing up ... suit, coat & tie or tuxedo would be for a wedding, or unfortunately a  funeral ...

• Like 3