Carnival might not require Covid vaccine.

9 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Unless you are in on the meetings with Carnival Corp on why they come up with decisions it is only your opinion. There's more to it than just potential customers putting up a stink. Some people are allergic to the vaccine, some had serious side affects, some (under 12) aren't even able to get the vaccine. Maybe Carnival didn't want to exclude those people from cruising. 

Right, so risk everyone else by the thousands by not requiring a vaccine to cater to 5 possible passengers that may be allergic to it. Makes total sense .... said no one ever. It’s money .... period. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2021 at 2:18 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yes, that is the gist of the recent CDC guidance.

The issue at hand is: what is likely to happen on a cruise with an unknown number of unvaxxed pax who possibly willfully don't wear masks or socially distance?  If a mini-outbreak were to occur, it could be a death knell on cruising as we know it.

That is the scenario I believe the CDC (and probably the entire cruise industry) is trying to prevent.  Because, if that did happen, I agree.  The cruise industry as a whole would be put in lockdown for a very, very long time and most of the cruise lines would not survive.

24 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Right, so risk everyone else by the thousands by not requiring a vaccine to cater to 5 possible passengers that may be allergic to it. Makes total sense .... said no one ever. It’s money .... period. 

Choice: An act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities. 😉

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I'm vaccinated as are my older children (17 and 19) so I am ready to cruise.  I am not mad at carnival. I chose Mardi Gras so I have to follow the rules

I get excited just thinking about exploring a brand new ship!  It will be a lot of fun and something completely new.

24 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Choice: An act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities. 😉

We're talking about a virus. It doesn't care about your concept of "choice". It can't spread itself to other people. It relies on people who think a virus cares about "choice" to do that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jax129 said:

I've never cruised Carnival but this might make me give them a try

Remember why it is named Carnival! The good times. If you want quiet. Not the Cruise line to go with. One thing I strongly suggest is the steak house. First seating at 5:50 so you ahve time to catch the shows and do more in the evening. Always the first night and sometimes the second night also. You receive a free bottle of white or red wine. Not the best. But it is just fine. The price includes the gratuity and the steaks are excellent. We have NEVER been disappointed. If you can do a Halloween cruise. It is fantastic.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I'm vaccinated as are my older children (17 and 19) so I am ready to cruise.  I am not mad at carnival. I chose Mardi Gras so I have to follow the rules

We are doing the Halloween cruise. At least one evening no one cares about wearing masks 😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, koolZip said:

We're talking about a virus. It doesn't care about your concept of "choice". It can't spread itself to other people. It relies on people who think a virus cares about "choice" to do that.

It's a good thing that people have the choice to get the vaccination, protect themselves, and choose a  cruise line that promises to cruise with only vaccinated passengers such as Norwegian.

• Like 4

On 5/18/2021 at 2:31 PM, moreland281 said:

Good !! 

I hope they do not require it !!

I do not like the idea of anyone telling anyone else what they HAVE to do, especially on an unproven and not approved medical vaccine or device. 

But that is my .02 and like the old saying - everyone has a their opinion, just like a butthole , and they all stink 

I get what you're saying, everyone is entitled to their opinion but (you knew there'd be a but) what we all want is irrelevant. Many of the small island countries in the Caribbean for example have very limited health resources. They are not going to allow a ship with an unknown number of non-vaccinated  passengers to come ashore. And many of these countries will be years before they get the vaccines that many of the Western countries are using now.

So if people want to cruise to nowhere then I guess its fine to say no to enforced vaccination before travel. But cruising to nowhere with maybe a private island here or there is not something that I'd do and I bet I'm not alone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nbsjcruiser said:

I get what you're saying, everyone is entitled to their opinion but (you knew there'd be a but) what we all want is irrelevant. Many of the small island countries in the Caribbean for example have very limited health resources. They are not going to allow a ship with an unknown number of non-vaccinated  passengers to come ashore. And many of these countries will be years before they get the vaccines that many of the Western countries are using now.

So if people want to cruise to nowhere then I guess its fine to say no to enforced vaccination before travel. But cruising to nowhere with maybe a private island here or there is not something that I'd do and I bet I'm not alone. 

I'm sure Carnival would require what the ports require ---- just as they always have.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It's a good thing that people have the choice to get the vaccination, protect themselves, and choose a  cruise line that promises to cruise with only vaccinated passengers such as Norwegian.

Other than being blindingly obvious, your point is?

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'll be so glad when we finally resume cruising and the protocols are known so the endless conjecture is ended. 

So much this! We have argued vaccine versus no vaccine and how that will be implemented for so long that it has become monotonous. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

So much this! We have argued vaccine versus no vaccine and how that will be implemented for so long that it has become monotonous. 

Exactly, once cruising actually starts and everyone knows what the requirements will be we can all make the choice to cruise or not. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 10:20 AM, deliver42 said:

I wouldn't go on a Carnival cruise for free without vaccinations. They will probably be the reason cruises get stopped again.

but you'll go to a grocery store, movie theater, gas stations, bowling alley, restaurant, bars..... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

but you'll go to a grocery store, movie theater, gas stations, bowling alley, restaurant, bars..... 

The person who said they would not take a free Carnival cruise without vaccinations was a person from the HAL boards when this thread was first moved from there. I personally would take a cruise for free even if I already knew the ship would sink. A free cruise is a free cruise! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

It all depends on what side of politics you are on. This virus is a major inconvenience to some people as we continue to give up our unalienable rights. We have seen riots over a few people. 

Politics shouldn’t play any role .... it seems to be only those who want to sail unvaccinated are the ones that want to bring politics into it. Politics won’t help the cruise lines succeed in sailing safely, the vaccine will. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Politics shouldn’t play any role .... it seems to be only those who want to sail unvaccinated are the ones that want to bring politics into it. Politics won’t help the cruise lines succeed in sailing safely, the vaccine will. 

You are correct that politics shouldn't play a role, but it has since day 1.  The response to this has been 100% political on both sides.  A vast majority of the unvaccinated people are just not willing to take a risk to inject themselves with an experimental medicine, which is what the vaccine is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Radiioman46 said:

Christine Duffy consistently brings up that she doesn't want to leave the children behind, because Carnival is a family oriented cruise line. Why put other motives in her mouth?

Yup. Anyone paying attention already knew this (yes, the executives have families too), yet it didn't stop many here from saying "oh well, no kids I guess" or some other dismissive drivel. 

• Like 2