Sofa vs. Sofa bed

Hello friends,

Is there any substantial difference between a standard verandah cabin (which of course has a sofa) , and one which has a sofa bed. 

My wife and I are booking ourselves a cruise on the new Rotterdam and the sofa bed cabin is all that’s available. Can we still put the two beds together to form a queen size?

thanks, 

Peter

The sofa or sofa bed is in the area next to the verandah; which you have makes no difference to the bed(s) configuration. ALL verandah staterooms have the option of beds being together to make one bed or separated to make two beds.

Just a guess, but a "sofa" is similar to the R class ships whereby the sofa has a mattress inside that raises up and there is no change in the footprint of the sofa.

A sofabed might have something more like a hide-a-bed where the bed comes out and takes a larger footprint than the sofa and usually blocks clear passage to the verandah or window.  This would be on the K dam and some of the vista class cabins.

I'm just guessing here, I dont know for sure.

On the Amsterdam (which is no longer in the fleet), the sofa was shorter than a sofa bed. Cabins that had a sofa, also had an end table with a built-in lamp. Cabins that had the sofa bed, didn't have the end table. The sofa was a large loveseat. The sofa bed was at least 6-7' long. I couldn't fully lay down on the sofa, but could fully recline on a sofa bed.

• Like 1