Jump to content

Virtuosa maiden voyage


Stu UK
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, CaroleC said:


Thank you for the quick response. Does the ship feel empty with so few pax?

It does and a certain amount of atmosphere is lacking. But a small price to pay.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, the wandering two said:

Thanks for all the info guys, one more question.  If any of you booked as a Voyagers club departure is the $€50 pp on board credit actually £50 given the currency onboard or is it pro rata? 

Sorry didn’t do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kernow said:

Thanks for the great info, already started planning which cocktails to try first! The only cider I've seen on any menu is Strongbow, do you know if there are any other choices at any of the bars(DH is a cider drinker)?

 

Can anyone tell us about the shows, timings and how to book etc?

Sorry no good on cider. Only need to book main theatre shows in app. Not full so can also queue. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tonybecks said:

Thanks everyone for all this very useful info!

 

Can you let us know what (if anything) in the spa and gym is open? Has anyone seen anything about massage packages? Thanks very much! 
 

Also - huge thanks foe the drinks menus - that’s brilliant for those of us heading onboard soon. Can you clarify how the Premium+ works with champagne by the glass? Does it cover any of those that can be bought by the glass or are there still restrictions?

 

Thanks a million - hope the wind is kind!!! 

Spa is working for treatments. However thermal suite is very limited to showers, hot beds & salt room. 
 

Champagne is all of the ones by the glass on Prem + 

 

Sun was out this afternoon so lovely around the pool. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EmmeDi said:

Thanks very much for the menus, I'm already dreaming of my cruise in a week time.

 

 

I second this question: is there any price limitation with premium plus?

 

Another question: at the terminal is there any preferential queue for Aurea guests?

 

Many thanks in advance!

No and no. We are Diamond and when we said is there priority for Diamond we we jumped the Covid queue saying about 30 mins. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, sidari said:

As predicted didn't take long for complaints to begin, post on the book of faces from a cruise agency interviewing two of their customers, cold food only pizza in the buffet.

Some people always moan. Not something we have found. But it is a maiden voyage so we should expect issues. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sidari said:

As predicted didn't take long for complaints to begin, post on the book of faces from a cruise agency interviewing two of their customers, cold food only pizza in the buffet.

The British complain? Nevah!! LOL I'm so envious of all those on board, I'd eat nothing but cold pizza right now just to be in their shoes!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, zjc said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for insurance providers?


I’ve gone with Cover For You, includes everything that I believe is required by MSC and is very reasonable in price. Obviously you would need to check it out for yourself.

 

 

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, zjc said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for insurance providers?

It’s not wise to recommend insurers. However it appears to me that Cover For You does Covid, self isolation, and UK cruise medical and evacuation. However this is not advice and anyone needs to read the policy detail relating to their particular circumstances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Stu UK Have you seen how much the Fun-Pass is onboard it's £72 if you book in advance and if you happen to see the ten pin bowling prices it would be fab.

 

Have a great day in Portland 😀

Marine traffic has you in Le Havre still so I guess you will sail in the night, it's nor far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

@Stu UK Have you seen how much the Fun-Pass is onboard it's £72 if you book in advance and if you happen to see the ten pin bowling prices it would be fab.

 

Have a great day in Portland 😀

Marine traffic has you in Le Havre still so I guess you will sail in the night, it's nor far.

Saw this posted today. 

FB_IMG_1621637086237.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

@Stu UK Have you seen how much the Fun-Pass is onboard it's £72 if you book in advance and if you happen to see the ten pin bowling prices it would be fab.

 

Have a great day in Portland 😀

Marine traffic has you in Le Havre still so I guess you will sail in the night, it's nor far.

Individual prices

FB_IMG_1621637093433.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, johnnylincoln said:

Saw this posted today. 

FB_IMG_1621637086237.jpg

 

That's fantastic thank you, it's much better value to buy in advance as you get 140 euro for £72.

That's really helped me decide 🤩

The closest onboard looks to be £140 for £100 so big difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Have to mention the entertainment. 

 

The first production show, Capriccio was good as long as you are happy being clueless to whats going on. Some great Italian voices and a mix of songs in italian and english. 35 mins long. 

 

Tonights show was Abracadabra. Again, didnt have a clue what was happening and I think they sang most songs in English - but the sound was awful and I couldnt pick out the words. Bit of really old fashioned "magic" - and amongst a woodland setting with witches - out comes 2 roller skaters to do a routine. Definately an MSC production PMSL. 

 

Comedian Rikki Jay has been on for 2 different shows (twice each) and is due on for a 3rd time. He had his moments but 3 TIMES in a 4N cruise is far too much. 

 

Soul Sisters - OMG someone give them a new wardrobe allowance PLEASE - nobody should have to endure what we had to see. 

 

There are 3 singers and all wore sequined outfits of a top and shorts. 

 

Whoever did their marketing picture went mad with the photoshop software. 

 

One singer was perhaps a size 20 in a size 8 outfit. The other 2 were slimmer but even they had their arse cheeks hanging out - and not in a good way guys. 

 

Sequined dresses like The Supremes would have looked classy and professional - instead they looked like hookers. 

 

I think they could sing but I was too traunatised to notice. 

 

 

😂 Normal MSC show then, one area they do need to improve for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Comedian Rikki Jay has been on for 2 different shows (twice each) and is due on for a 3rd time. He had his moments but 3 TIMES in a 4N cruise is far too much.

 

Is the comedian doing any late night "adult only" shows, they can be good when they get to open up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, swimming with spaniels said:

cue me doing an online chat with my insurer to check all is covered, they confirmed it was - I have printed out the chat page just in case

Good idea. I've printed out emails 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Eating plugs? Or eating slugs? Or ear plugs? It's starting to remind me of a game of telephone, which I believe the British call Chinese Whispers.

Eternal thanks for the menus, not only are they making me hungry, they remind me that cruising is going back to normal. Thank you so much. Have a lovely cruise!

An old military version

A message is sent to HQ from the front line, it reads "Send reinforcements, we are going to advance"

HQ receive it and it reads "Send three and fourpence, we are going to a dance"

 

ps - three and fourpence was when we had pounds, shillings and pence

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi a quick question to those on board if I may….. I think it was gala evening last night - did many get dressed up please? (We are still trying to decide on tux/ cocktail dress for next week)….. any help greatly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, sidari said:

As predicted didn't take long for complaints to begin, post on the book of faces from a cruise agency interviewing two of their customers, cold food only pizza in the buffet.

... it’s not like that on P&O.....on the book of faces someone is saying they overheard a lady complaining at GR that her sugar sachet was lumpy.... 🤦‍♀️

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Have to mention the entertainment. 

 

The first production show, Capriccio was good as long as you are happy being clueless to whats going on. Some great Italian voices and a mix of songs in italian and english. 35 mins long. 

 

Tonights show was Abracadabra. Again, didnt have a clue what was happening and I think they sang most songs in English - but the sound was awful and I couldnt pick out the words. Bit of really old fashioned "magic" - and amongst a woodland setting with witches - out comes 2 roller skaters to do a routine. Definately an MSC production PMSL. 

 

Comedian Rikki Jay has been on for 2 different shows (twice each) and is due on for a 3rd time. He had his moments but 3 TIMES in a 4N cruise is far too much. 

 

Soul Sisters - OMG someone give them a new wardrobe allowance PLEASE - nobody should have to endure what we had to see. 

 

There are 3 singers and all wore sequined outfits of a top and shorts. 

 

Whoever did their marketing picture went mad with the photoshop software. 

 

One singer was perhaps a size 20 in a size 8 outfit. The other 2 were slimmer but even they had their arse cheeks hanging out - and not in a good way guys. 

 

Sequined dresses like The Supremes would have looked classy and professional - instead they looked like hookers. 

 

I think they could sing but I was too traunatised to notice. 

I find it extremely sad you feel the need to comment on someone's body size. As for the comedian I'm not a fan myself . However I'm pretty sure he's on that many times so everyone who wants to watch gets the chance. I'm certain there is other things going on at the certain time.  I'm so glad they are actually still doing some of the shows in Italian and not lossing their Italian feel altogether.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Lifts are amazing - every lift has only had me in it and arrives within 5 seconds of requesting it - very strange experience if you're accustomed to cruise ship lifts.

 


Are there aft lifts? Our cabin is near the stern and on the deck plans it looks like there are lifts nearby but they’re not marked as such. I’m hoping so otherwise it’s a bit of a trek from the midship lifts lol. 
 

Thank you so much for answering everyone’s questions whilst on your cruise, it is very much appreciated. I will try to do the same for folks next week when I’m on the ship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com Jan '22
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...