Virtuosa maiden voyage

Stu UK

9 hours ago, Stu UK said:

It’s not wise to recommend insurers. However it appears to me that Cover For You does Covid, self isolation, and UK cruise medical and evacuation. However this is not advice and anyone needs to read the policy detail relating to their particular circumstances. 

Thanks both

Will of course check it out myself but would be useful to have a list of MSC Approved providers who tick all the boxes! 

57 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Hi a quick question to those on board if I may….. I think it was gala evening last night - did many get dressed up please? (We are still trying to decide on tux/ cocktail dress for next week)….. any help greatly appreciated.

Tux etc won’t  look out of place. 70% dressed up but that level of dressing up ranged from jackets to suits to tux. There were others in teeshirts and jeans etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Spa is working for treatments. However thermal suite is very limited to showers, hot beds & salt room. 

Champagne is all of the ones by the glass on Prem + 

Sun was out this afternoon so lovely around the pool. 

Thanks Stu! Appreciate the reply. Enjoy the rest of your cruise! 👍🏻

This is all so exciting!!! Thank you so much everyone posting all the info! Absolute legends!!!

If anyone has any info/pricing on the spa I’d love to see. It’s hubs birthday whilst onboard and we are hoping to book the couple suite. 

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Are there aft lifts? Our cabin is near the stern and on the deck plans it looks like there are lifts nearby but they’re not marked as such. I’m hoping so otherwise it’s a bit of a trek from the midship lifts lol. 

Thank you so much for answering everyone’s questions whilst on your cruise, it is very much appreciated. I will try to do the same for folks next week when I’m on the ship.

Here is a diagram. Lifts towards the stern but not at it. 

C346F967-AE4B-433C-85D6-690909C93B6E.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info, it's making our countdown even more exciting.

Stu, you mentioned you are Diamond, do you still get the meal in Speciality restaurant and if so please can you post any menus?

2 minutes ago, kernow said:

Stu, you mentioned you are Diamond, do you still get the meal in Speciality restaurant and if so please can you post any menus?

Yes. Fixed tasting menu. If you want to order other items it’s 50% of their price. Will try and get menus. We are Butchers Cut tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MISSGJ said:

Is this applied once onboard?

my invoice says “voyager 5% discount” but makes no ref anywhere to the €50 per pax. 

Don’t think you get is as not sure that these are 5% plus cruises. Merely 5% discount. 

Just now, Stu UK said:

Don’t think you get is as not sure that these are 5% plus cruises. Merely 5% discount. 

Mine was def a 5% plus 5% so 🤞🏼Maybe I’ll have to ask onboard. 

Hope you are having great time! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MISSGJ said:

This is all so exciting!!! Thank you so much everyone posting all the info! Absolute legends!!!

If anyone has any info/pricing on the spa I’d love to see. It’s hubs birthday whilst onboard and we are hoping to book the couple suite. 

Here are a couple of examples.  Care not much operational in thermal area apart from showers, hot beds and salt room. 

DFE10C60-65CE-437F-AA0E-DA8DC25B8C4F.png

77C79D1E-EF6D-40AB-87EE-621FAE957063.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Stu UK said:

The bistro seems to have the most expensive champagne and red wine onboard - included in Premium + package. A great spot to people watch and one of several bars doing freshly squeezed orange juice. 

QR_AC_ATELIER-BAR-ART_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1621592587.pdf 1010.58 kB · 63 downloads

Oooh Whispering Angel.... drat out of budget! 

22 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Here is a diagram. Lifts towards the stern but not at it. 

C346F967-AE4B-433C-85D6-690909C93B6E.jpeg

Thank you. I suspected the aft lifts on the deck plans online were perhaps for crew use only. Oh well, more walking means I can eat more! 😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Here are a couple of examples.  Care not much operational in thermal area apart from showers, hot beds and salt room. 

DFE10C60-65CE-437F-AA0E-DA8DC25B8C4F.png

77C79D1E-EF6D-40AB-87EE-621FAE957063.png

Exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully those couple massages are in the couples suites. 

Thank you so much Stu!

• Like 1

I suspect everyone is REALLY grateful that you're giving up your time to answer any questions, so in that vein........... is the swimming pool restricted in numbers? probably not with this current weather but lets pretend it's 30C outside!!

Enjoy your holiday and thanks again for allowing us to ask questions. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

The 5% + 5% with €50 was an offer on MSC Web page through the Voyages Club section at the bottom of the page the discounts got showed at time of booking and obc added 

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-55

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I suspect everyone is REALLY grateful that you're giving up your time to answer any questions, so in that vein........... is the swimming pool restricted in numbers? probably not with this current weather but lets pretend it's 30C outside!!

Enjoy your holiday and thanks again for allowing us to ask questions. Much appreciated.

Yes there are limits on numbers / family units. Pools heated to 29 and jacuzzis to 38. Tried the jacuzzis outdoors and they are great. Think the pools are a little chilly. Didn’t try the indoor areas as of all the parts of the ship is it’s the busiest and least tidy. Guess that depends on when you hit it. 

C26B3609-0D94-4E0F-8927-65A32A934F6A.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks all for various answers.

just to echo the bang on comments from some of the questioners…. Thank you very very much to all of you on board for taking the time to help and inspire those of us following you on this path! We can’t wait to set off for Southampton tomorrow….. roll on Monday!

go enjoy the rest of your cruise we’ll not bother you anymore…. We’ll not unless you can post the daily newsletters from day 2 and today….. ouch! 🤗😷😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Yes you do. It’s a fixed tasting menu. If you want something not on that you pay 50% of the item. 

Edited by Stu UK
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

The reason I mention it is because these are professional performers and the image they portray reflects on their "brand". 

They, or the people around them, should know better and give them honest advice. 

And it wasn't just the larger lady who looked hideous in the outfit, all 3 of them did. 

Im obese myself and Im quite aware of what I can or cant wear. 

My sequin minidresses are no more - mainly because my wife says NO lol

I’m plus size and I thought your comments were hilarious 😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2