Jump to content

“Always included” vs Captain’s Club benefits


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, retiredtman said:

            I hesitate to reply because I suspect my comments will be met with venom, but I visit this site infrequently to gain insight or ask a specific question.  Others apparently do so daily to troll.  In my 17 years as a member I have taken over 100 cruises on many cruise lines.  I have posted 53 times.  Some people post that much monthly.   Rather than criticize those of us who do not read the boards daily, why not enlighten us by summarizing the key issues.  Or point to previous threads. Most of my cruises have been with 6-star all-inclusive lines.  Their loyalty programs do not emphasize free wi-fi or free drinks -because they are included for everyone.  
 

            My point was simply to encourage Celebrity - my favorite 5-star line - to revamp the CC to offer other amenities since drinks and wi-fi are now included in the cruise fare.  This should have been done before the new all-inclusive format was adopted. 

retiredtman,

In my response back to you (#7) I asked if you were a new poster here but you are instead an infrequent visitor/poster but with a lot of cruise experience.  Your point on AI is very much in agreement with many others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm E+ but I've always thought the CC benefits were of very limited use as we always booked beverage packages or suites etc. 

What amazes me is why CC benefits don't include cash discounts relating to membership level. It's very difficult to please everybody especially when it comes to drinks and wifi as peoples perceived value will vary dramatically with these things. 

So offer a cash discount on the cruise fare dependent on the CC level. There isn't a cruiser alive who wouldn't appreciate paying  less and it's fair to everyone across the board. Let alone nice and simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moby Jones said:

I'm E+ but I've always thought the CC benefits were of very limited use as we always booked beverage packages or suites etc. 

What amazes me is why CC benefits don't include cash discounts relating to membership level. It's very difficult to please everybody especially when it comes to drinks and wifi as peoples perceived value will vary dramatically with these things. 

So offer a cash discount on the cruise fare dependent on the CC level. There isn't a cruiser alive who wouldn't appreciate paying  less and it's fair to everyone across the board. Let alone nice and simple.

Sister cruise line RCCL does (did?) offer cash discounts on certain cabin classes once the Diamond level was reached.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing!  So many people believing they have to receive some kind of personal benefit since a company changed policies/perks.  Not going to happen.  We all know that Celebrity (and others) have multi-millions of shekels to recover from their pandemic losses.  Get over it.  Prices are going way up.  Perks are being removed.  Its the "new normal."  Celebrity has specifically selected obfuscation (AI) to increase revenue.  Don't like it, go somewhere else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Amazing!  So many people believing they have to receive some kind of personal benefit since a company changed policies/perks.  Not going to happen.  We all know that Celebrity (and others) have multi-millions of shekels to recover from their pandemic losses.  Get over it.  Prices are going way up.  Perks are being removed.  Its the "new normal."  Celebrity has specifically selected obfuscation (AI) to increase revenue.  Don't like it, go somewhere else.


I must be reading a different thread to you because I don't see anyone demanding loyalty club benefits just what they think they should be. 

When you understand that Celebrity have publicly stated that they are revamping CC membership you'll hopefully get that you're little rant is a moot point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is nice that X is beefing up loyalty benefits after they almost wiped them out going always included.

 

I understand each cruiser has their own likes and dislikes for any product, including picking a cruise.

 

We started cruising with NCL and migrated more to Celebrity because we liked so many things about Celebrity.  NCL was and is still great on entertainment, but doesn't match X's dining, service and ship layout.  Also, elite benefits were significantly better than NCL's.

 

Once NCL went to something like always included, its relative value to us for picking them went way down and we only did one cruise on NCL in the past 5 years.    Celebrity's going in the direction appears to be doing the same.  When I compare prices with like itineraries with Royal Caribbean and Princess (never done a Princess cruise), Celebrity is not as competitive. 

 

We have done two Royal Caribbean cruises and thought their dining in the MDR was almost as good as Celebrity, while their buffet is clearly not as good.  Still, entertainment on Royal is even better than NCL.

Also, the Diamond happy hour is so good, running from 5-8:30 that we have never paid for alcohol on a Royal cruise.

 

I am not an accountant, but I like to keep track of spending on travel.  Even though we are prone to enjoy what we want and not be bashful about spending on a cruise, why pay significantly more when you don't need to do so.

 

We don't use the internet more than the elite benefits provide, we only drink alcohol starting at happy hour and drink modestly.  Also, we don't drink umbrella drinks, mainly wine with an occasional martini or scotch. 

 

Celebrity has the right to run its business the  way it wants and I will still compare their product against other lines and pick the best value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2021 at 12:30 PM, intrepid55 said:

The point being made here is that the Captains Club perks for Elite and Elite plus were a reward for paying Celebrity many dollars for many cruises.

The AI is not free, as most people have by now noticed. It is paid for with an increase in cruise cost. The question therefore remains what are the perks over and above those that have been paid(AI) for, if you are Elite or Elite Plus. The change to AI was orchestrated with the full knowledge that it would effect Captains Club perks. To say now that we are still thinking about it shows a distinct lack of planning!

.

AMEN !!!

.

Celebrity / RCG messed this up "big-time."  Then, after we and some others had protested here in CrCr last year, they promised to have new Captain's Club benefits (for Elite/Elite+) to "compensate" for the theft that they had perpetrated ... but they have dragged their feet for MONTHS, failing to reveal any such significant benefits.  They have been dishonest, to the max.

 

Although they were morally obliged to do so, "X" has NOT provided long-time-loyal Elite/Elite+ members with new, added/alternative perks (such as what we proposed last year [automatic, free upgrade of beverage package to "Premium"], which someone else, in this thread has wisely re-proposed). 

 

We suspect that one of the reasons for the failure on the part of "X" is the failure of so many Elite/Elite+ people to join in the just complaints of the rest of us!  So many E/E+ members have boasted that, instead of making use of the great nightly Cocktail Hour and/or the Internet minutes they had earned, they have been purchasing beverage packages anyway, for years and years ... or they have been buying unlimited Internet packages anyway, for years and years. 

 

So, over the past year, the powers at "X" have probably been saying to themselves, "We don't really need to give the E/E+ members anything new (to make up for what we have robbed from them), because so many of them are too stupid to notice our crime -- or too spineless to stand up and demand their rights!"  [There is no better example of this than post #29, above.]

.

It's all so sad and unjust.

.

Edited by jg51
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jg51 said:

.

AMEN !!!

.

Celebrity / RCG messed this up "big-time."  Then, after we and some others had protested here in CrCr last year, they promised to have new Captain's Club benefits (for Elite/Elite+) to "compensate" for the theft that they had perpetrated ... but they have dragged their feet for MONTHS, failing to reveal any such significant benefits.  They have been dishonest, to the max.

 

Although they were morally obliged to do so, "X" has NOT provided long-time-loyal Elite/Elite+ members with new, added/alternative perks (such as what we proposed last year [automatic, free upgrade of beverage package to "Premium"], which someone else, in this thread has wisely re-proposed). 

 

We suspect that one of the reasons for the failure on the part of "X" is the failure of so many Elite/Elite+ people to join in the just complaints of the rest of us!  So many E/E+ members have boasted that, instead of making use of the great nightly Cocktail Hour and/or the Internet minutes they had earned, they have been purchasing beverage packages anyway, for years and years ... or they have been buying unlimited Internet packages anyway, for years and years. 

 

So, over the past year, the powers at "X" have probably been saying to themselves, "We don't really need to give the E/E+ members anything new (to make up for what we have robbed from them), because so many of them are too stupid to notice our crime -- or too spineless to stand up and demand their rights!"  [There is no better example of this than post #29, above.]

.

It's all so sad and unjust.

.

Maybe they haven't delivered precisely the new perk(s) you want, but they have named new perks and indicated that as "more and more members start to sail with our Always Included package and have drinks included in their ticket, we’ll be introducing new events and benefits so stay tuned." I reference https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes. Some new perks are spelled out fairly well, including some limited to Elite and higher. Drink and Wi-Fi perks were diluted but not removed. Others changed appropriately (IMHO) due to COVID. Promotional discounts limited to Elite and higher are currently offered for Galapagos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 12:30 PM, intrepid55 said:

The point being made here is that the Captains Club perks for Elite and Elite plus were a reward for paying Celebrity many dollars for many cruises.

The AI is not free, as most people have by now noticed. It is paid for with an increase in cruise cost. The question therefore remains what are the perks over and above those that have been paid(AI) for, if you are Elite or Elite Plus. The change to AI was orchestrated with the full knowledge that it would effect Captains Club perks. To say now that we are still thinking about it shows a distinct lack of planning!

Intrepid 55, I agree with you're entire post. Just want to add we are also Elite Plus and just like many others on this thread have spent lots of money cruising Celebrity and earned those 240 free internet minutes each.....and we want them back!!!!!! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loyalty?  It doesn’t seem to make a difference.  Previously loyalty got some perks that would enhance your cruise without added expense.  Now, you get those same features, but you are paying higher prices to cover the cost of those features. With higher prices and fewer loyalty benefits,  you may see formally loyal guests trying other brands.  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot believe some of the entitled comments on here.

Do none of you realise that this industry is on its knees? 
Give it a few months to recover at least!

My goodness, some of us are lucky to be alive and have money to spend on a cruise. 
Take a reality check people and when you do eventually get on your ship just remember that the staff have been living with little or no money for a year and would love to be in your position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, swjumbo said:

I cannot believe some of the entitled comments on here.

Do none of you realise that this industry is on its knees? 
Give it a few months to recover at least!

My goodness, some of us are lucky to be alive and have money to spend on a cruise. 
Take a reality check people and when you do eventually get on your ship just remember that the staff have been living with little or no money for a year and would love to be in your position.

swjumbo,

Yes, you make some good points.   The furloughed workers and stockholders have suffered.

 

However, Celebrity started this price bundling prior to the shutdown.   Back in 2019 I remember only transatlantics had the option of not going with inclusive.

 

Also, if Celebrity is in such terrible financial shape now why not be more flexible and allow bookings with or without inclusive perks.  Princess  and Royal Caribbean do this and don't charge a huge amount for their drink packages?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Sister cruise line RCCL does (did?) offer cash discounts on certain cabin classes once the Diamond level was reached.

I believe you received a discount after one prior cruise.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, swjumbo said:

I cannot believe some of the entitled comments on here.

Do none of you realise that this industry is on its knees? 
Give it a few months to recover at least!

My goodness, some of us are lucky to be alive and have money to spend on a cruise. 
Take a reality check people and when you do eventually get on your ship just remember that the staff have been living with little or no money for a year and would love to be in your position.

You do realize that Celebrity, RCG and all cruise lines are a for profit business.  As such the only objective is to make money.  Period.  Businesses do not have emotions.  They don't care about about the "customer" and employees are commodities to be used as needed.  Nothing more.  Their marketing is an effort to make you care about them and have you make an emotional attachment to their product for the sole reason of their profit.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

why not be more flexible and allow bookings with or without inclusive perks.  

They have started this.  Cruise-only rates are available with Guarantee cabins on our (and other) Apex sailings this summer (including suites).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, jwlane said:

They have started this.  Cruise-only rates are available with Guarantee cabins on our (and other) Apex sailings this summer (including suites).

True.  It is interesting that the price difference is no where close to what people have been implying for over a year.  The AI has not really added a lot of cost to the cruise when  using a non refundable deposit.  This can be determined by seeing how much less the price is for the cruise only rates.  
 

The 1,2,3.and/or BBB bundling have been diluting the perceived value of the Captain Club benefits for many years.  Many of us have been cruising with the four perks for a long time.  And others with just one or two of the previous perks.  I would estimate that most cruisers have had the drink package for years.  Those without a drink package are mostly likely in the minority.  
 

For those that sail on Celebrity for the CC benefits, this is a great time to evaluate other options.  Personally I can not understand why this would not be the standard procedure for everyone.  It has always been for me.  

Edited by jagoffee
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

True.  It is interesting that the price difference is no where close to what people have been implying for over a year.  The AI has not really added a lot of cost to the cruise when  using a non refundable deposit.  This can be determined by seeing how much less the price is for the cruise only rates.  
 

The 1,2,3.and/or BBB bundling have been diluting the perceived value of the Captain Club benefits for many years.  Many of us have been cruising with the four perks for a long time.  And others with just one or two of the previous perks.  I would estimate that most cruisers have had the drink package for years.  Those without a drink package are mostly likely in the minority.  
 

For those that sail on Celebrity for the CC benefits, this is a great time to evaluate other options.  Personally I can not understand why this would not be the standard procedure for everyone.  It has always been for me.  

I saw the change this morning.  Haven't studied it yet, but have a couple of observations.

First, the cruises that it is offered are few.  Second, that it comes with nonrefundable terms.

 

We rarely book a cruise that we don't intend to take, so perhaps booking nonrefundable is not a problem.   Still, things happen and we still have COVID to deal with, so there is an element of risk there.

Also, when X started charging more for refundable bookings, I was a bit surprised by the price difference.

 

While this may be encouraging, I will wait and see when I plan to book another cruise in the future and can compare.  However, I disagree with this statement:

 

 "The AI has not really added a lot of cost to the cruise when  using a non refundable deposit."

 

This has not been the case when I compared cruises for 2022.

 

Regarding this statement:

"Those without a drink package are mostly likely in the minority. "

 

I have no idea if this is true.  However, we have cruised with a group of 13 cruisers (not all on every cruise) since 2017 and found the split about 50/50.  Several others have told me that they are moving to Royal C. more since X's price bundling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

I saw the change this morning.  Haven't studied it yet, but have a couple of observations.

First, the cruises that it is offered are few.  Second, that it comes with nonrefundable terms.

 

We rarely book a cruise that we don't intend to take, so perhaps booking nonrefundable is not a problem.   Still, things happen and we still have COVID to deal with, so there is an element of risk there.

Also, when X started charging more for refundable bookings, I was a bit surprised by the price difference.

 

While this may be encouraging, I will wait and see when I plan to book another cruise in the future and can compare.  However, I disagree with this statement:

 

 "The AI has not really added a lot of cost to the cruise when  using a non refundable deposit."

 

This has not been the case when I compared cruises for 2022.

 

Regarding this statement:

"Those without a drink package are mostly likely in the minority. "

 

I have no idea if this is true.  However, we have cruised with a group of 13 cruisers (not all on every cruise) since 2017 and found the split about 50/50.  Several others have told me that they are moving to Royal C. more since X's price bundling.

Concerning these statements.
“ "The AI has not really added a lot of cost to the cruise when  using a non refundable deposit."

 

This has not been the case when I compared cruises for 2022.”  
 

 

 

I am convinced that due to many other factors that it is not really appropriate to attribute any of those difference in your comparisons to AI.

 

It might be a more appropriate to compare the “current special no perk cruises” with non refundable deposit to booking the exact same cruise with AI and a cabin choice, also with a non refundable deposit.   It will be interesting to see what you find.
 

I also noticed the significant difference in price between refundable and non refundable deposit fares.  Since most of the non refundable deposit can be used on a different cruise, I even booked my last cruise with the non refundable deposit because of the large cruise price difference.  I also seldom cancel cruises.
 

Edited by jagoffee
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

 It is interesting that the price difference is no where close to what people have been implying for over a year.  The AI has not really added a lot of cost to the cruise when  using a non refundable deposit.  This can be determined by seeing how much less the price is for the cruise only rates.  

 

It's also no where close to the significant discount that was available when 2 perks were included.  When you tie this to a GTY booking I don't think it accurately reflects the "cost" of AI, just another attempt to keep the inflated prices. 

 

Has anyone got a Best Price Guarantee price reduction on any of the new cruises?  They seem to be using things like releasing inside and oceanview cabins and this Sail Only to entice more bookings at lower price points to prevent lowering pricing on things that would allow other booked passengers to take advantage of the BPG program.

 

I guess it's good business if they can get the capacity they want.  I'm just not sure the price point will continue to be supported as they get closer to full capacity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Screenshot_20210522-070944.thumb.jpg.6e0d5eb163b9ae52208ee4c1751878af.jpg

So is it OK for you to pay for strangers Bills.

Think deeply what I really meant.

A three year old will never understand this.

Edited by verizon
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

It's also no where close to the significant discount that was available when 2 perks were included.  When you tie this to a GTY booking I don't think it accurately reflects the "cost" of AI, just another attempt to keep the inflated prices. 

 

Has anyone got a Best Price Guarantee price reduction on any of the new cruises?  They seem to be using things like releasing inside and oceanview cabins and this Sail Only to entice more bookings at lower price points to prevent lowering pricing on things that would allow other booked passengers to take advantage of the BPG program.

 

I guess it's good business if they can get the capacity they want.  I'm just not sure the price point will continue to be supported as they get closer to full capacity.

You may be correct.
 Since the GTY is often less expensive, the AI difference might be overstated.  One would need to compare it to a GTY with AI and a non refundable deposit. 
 


My recollection is that  the last minute deals often did not include the perks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...