Great news on the Alaskan cruise front - House passes Alaska Tourism Restoration Act

26 minutes ago, J_Bronco34 said:

Question: If the Bliss is not going to be stopping in Victoria at the end of its itinerary, will they just return to Seattle a day earlier or add another Alaskan port of call?? 

I highly doubt they will return a day early. There is a market for 7 day cruises departing on weekends. If each cruise was only 6 days, embarkation would eventually be mid week.

It is more likely they will add a sea day or substitute Victoria for a port in Alaska (keeping in mind the time needed to return to Seattle) or perhaps add one of the USA San Juan islands which would be a lovely win for the cruise passenger! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, J_Bronco34 said:

Question: If the Bliss is not going to be stopping in Victoria at the end of its itinerary, will they just return to Seattle a day earlier or add another Alaskan port of call?? 

There is NO WAY that they would cut a day off the cruise.  💩

I'm hoping that they just sail around a bit more, especially in the Northern areas.  Maybe more glacier time??  (from the ship, not the crappy Juneau shore excursion).  Losing the Victoria stop is an absolute win. 😎  It would be nice if this could be made permanent.

Edited by CaptainWoody

I have now read that the votes in both the house and Senate were unanimous.  Not only is that great news for my Alaska cruise, but it bodes well for Washington support for cruising.  The CDC will always be the last to catch up, but it seems that even they are falling in line.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

I have now read that the votes in both the house and Senate were unanimous.  Not only is that great news for my Alaska cruise, but it bodes well for Washington support for cruising.  The CDC will always be the last to catch up, but it seems that even they are falling in line.

Seems Patty Murray of Washington won't block this bill like she did with the one from Florida.  I guess cruising out of her state is safer.  

Edited by KennyFla
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, www3traveler said:

The bill allows cruise ships to sail from one US port to Alaska and return without making a stop in Canada.

Now the next issue would be the CDC allowing the cruises.

Yes - but they also have to do so without going through Canadian waters, because Canadian waters are closed.  So that's going to prevent some of the normal passageways.

I did see that Carnival Corp says that all of their ships sailing to Alaska will require 100% vaccination (including CCL, which is surprising since they will not commit to that for the Caribbean).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J_Bronco34 said:

Maybe just an extra sea day?

Just an update on my canceled Alaska sailing. I looked at the option to move our booking to the Majestic Princess for the same week we had booked on the Emerald Princess. They have a chart that shows which exact sailing your booking will be transferred to and the first week they expect the Majestic to be sailing is July 25! Hope that gives you a better idea of when NCL might be starting back up. Also, seems like Princess at least expects US cruising to resume in July!

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

The whole point of this thread is that it passed the House yesterday. I already got a letter from Princess about resuming Alaska sailings beginning July 25. Unfortunately, they are only resuming sailings on one ship, the Majestic Princess, and I was booked on the Emerald Princess. They did give me the option to transfer my booking to the Majestic and keep my same fare and perks, but I just opted for a refund of my $200 deposit, as I am no booked on the Joy out of Jamaica for that same week. I had assumed long ago that my Alaska sailing would be canceled, so I booked on the Joy when those sailings opened up.

• Like 1

Apparently word is spreading about the possible Alaska cruise season returning.   My SWA points price from Nashville to Seattle and return, that I did not book last night when looking, today has tripled today since last night.  

23 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

The amount of people who post inaccurate information here is at an all time high. This thread provides numerous references for the Bill passing the house. 

• Like 1

Just now, BermudaBound2014 said:

The amount of people who post inaccurate information here is at an all time high. This thread provides numerous references for the Bill passing the house. 

I know, I literally titled it in such a way that it was obvious it had passed the House. I'm not sure why someone attempted to contradict me. Granted, it just passed yesterday, so I guess word hadn't gotten around. Still, a 5 second internet search would have done the trick.

BTW I hope things are still going great in HI. We have to go back there again. The people were so nice and the food amazing. I even got to practice my Japanese. 😃

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Apparently word is spreading about the possible Alaska cruise season returning.   My SWA points price from Nashville to Seattle and return, that I did not book last night when looking, today has tripled today since last night.

SWA just released their Q4 batch of flights yesterday (May 20th). It is not uncommon for SWA flights to be very fluid when first announced. I set up reminders for batch releases and the flights into Kalispell, MT also doubled since yesterday. Not saying that word isn't getting out, just suggesting that this pattern is historical when SWA releases flights. Hang tight, hopefully things will settle down. Or, with SWA you can book and cancel later with no penalties when using points. It's the only airlines I am using until things settle down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I know, I literally titled it in such a way that it was obvious it had passed the House. I'm not sure why someone attempted to contradict me. Granted, it just passed yesterday, so I guess word hadn't gotten around. Still, a 5 second internet search would have done the trick.

BTW I hope things are still going great in HI. We have to go back there again. The people were so nice and the food amazing. I even got to practice my Japanese. 😃

It could be an honest mistake, but I'm not sure how given the entire content of the thread. It seems people give very little thought before posting inaccurate information. It demonstrates a genuine lack of pride and integrity. Sadly, this mirrors what is happening in main stream media... if one doesn't like an opposing view, they just make up false claims. Happens on both sides of the fence. Division seems to be the motivation.

I've been home a few weeks. I miss it, but summers on the lake in Michigan are hard to beat. I have already rented a condo for 4 months again next winter. Summers in MI are lovely, winters not so much. Hawaii is a magical place. 

PS: I truly envy your language skill set. I struggle daily with basic English.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CptBoatface said:

Yes, we are under the thumb of an authoritarian governor who isn't fit to lead a cub scout den

I laughed out loud on that one.  Thank you for that!!!  🤣  And I really needed a laugh today.  I was supposed to be packing for another Alaskan cruise today - was set to board the ship this Sunday. Ugh!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KennyFla said:

Seems Patty Murray of Washington won't block this bill like she did with the one from Florida.  I guess cruising out of her state is safer.  

Our politicians here are rather mentally challenged. Ok, severely....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I allegedly having a booking for Bliss out of Seattle in August. This is the first time I’ve tried to even place a hold on a cruise since I lost my Virgin Voyages shot at the beginning of the pandemic. Happy to give my tourism dollars to a non-DeSantis state if this actually sticks and wasn’t a website glitch.

2 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

Happy to give my tourism dollars to a non-DeSantis state if this actually sticks and wasn’t a website glitch.

Have you been reading the threads?  Many of us have booked Bliss this Fall.  Why do you think it's a glitch?

13 hours ago, KennyFla said:

Maybe it’s safer because the state government isn’t actively trying to block cruises from requiring vaccination? Just a thought.

• Like 1