Jump to content

Ships to start sailing half capacity in August from Bayonne


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

 

 

Aaargh!!  Not more rain!!!!!🤪

Thursday

Cloudy and more humid with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm; breezy in the afternoon high in the mid 70s

Hot next week with highs in the 90s

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

If Murphy has anything to say about cruising it's going to be a long wait for cruising to restart from Cape Liberty.

Ask him personally if you win his Dinner with the Gov and Tammy Lottery vaccine incentive! 😉🥴🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Ask him personally if you win his Dinner with the Gov and Tammy Lottery vaccine incentive! 😉🥴🤣

Yeah, no, that's not gonna happen.

I can think of lots more compelling reasons to get the vaccine than having Dinner with gov horse face. 🤮

Edited by Captain Billy Bob
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

If Murphy has anything to say about cruising it's going to be a long wait for cruising to restart from Cape Liberty.

Pretty much everything is open. I don’t think he’s going to stand in the way of cruising. Plus he’s running for re-election and seems to be on a “make everything seem normal” tour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CruiseBride926 said:

Pretty much everything is open. I don’t think he’s going to stand in the way of cruising. Plus he’s running for re-election and seems to be on a “make everything seem normal” tour.

🤣🤣😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jpurdy said:

 

We are on Oasis July 16 and am following any progress very carefully...the waiting is difficult.

We are on Oasis Aug. 29 and if we're stressed (timing looks a bit better), you must be freaked out. I hope it works out for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're booked on Freedom for Sep 2-11 for Canada/NE and this itinerary most likely won't happen for multiple reasons. Staying the course to see what RC does as we don't have to make final payment til 45 days prior.

 

Would love to L&S to 2022 at our great price, although Freedom isn't doing this itinerary next year. It's ADV from Bayonne (2 hr Amtrak ride) or EN from Baltimore (35 min via car).

 

This was our 3rd time trying to do the C/NE itinerary. Already booked on Oasis in 2022 from Bayonne as a 2nd L&S.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

We're booked on Freedom for Sep 2-11 for Canada/NE and this itinerary most likely won't happen for multiple reasons. Staying the course to see what RC does as we don't have to make final payment til 45 days prior.

 

Would love to L&S to 2022 at our great price, although Freedom isn't doing this itinerary next year. It's ADV from Bayonne (2 hr Amtrak ride) or EN from Baltimore (35 min via car).

 

This was our 3rd time trying to do the C/NE itinerary. Already booked on Oasis in 2022 from Bayonne as a 2nd L&S.

We were booked on freedom for Ne/canada sailing too but with canada borders closed we took the full refund option instead of having them hold our money to risk having them change itinerary to bahamas

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We were booked on freedom for Ne/canada sailing too but with canada borders closed we took the full refund option instead of having them hold our money to risk having them change itinerary to bahamas

Yes, I understand your decision.

 

We've only paid a $100pp deposit and since we'd still like to do this itinerary some day (2022!) and with a great rate of about $90/day for a spacious OV balcony, we'll make final payment in mid-July and hopefully offered a L&S option. (Not interested in a shorter cruise or the Bahamas.) 

 

The cost benefit for us in letting RC hold $2000 for an itinerary we really want to do in the future far outweighs the high prices for a great cabin next year and we incur minimum same day transportation expense.

 

Patiently waiting for RC's decision, options offered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Yes, I understand your decision.

 

We've only paid a $100pp deposit and since we'd still like to do this itinerary some day (2022!) and with a great rate of about $90/day for a spacious OV balcony, we'll make final payment in mid-July and hopefully offered a L&S option. (Not interested in a shorter cruise or the Bahamas.) 

 

The cost benefit for us in letting RC hold $2000 for an itinerary we really want to do in the future far outweighs the high prices for a great cabin next year and we incur minimum same day transportation expense.

 

Patiently waiting for RC's decision, options offered.

I completely understand and hope it works out for you.    It is a sailing that we, too, really want to do but I didn't see any sailing comparable for 2022 if they do a L & S option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2021 at 10:46 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Well, my first clue is when Richard Fain said it on one of his Vlogs

And when he said it, did he specifically mention Caribbean cruises?  I inferred he was talking  about the initial Alaska cruises. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

And when he said it, did he specifically mention Caribbean cruises?  I inferred he was talking  about the initial Alaska cruises. 

Nothing was mentioned specifically but it sounded like he was referring to all cruises. Plus it’s pretty clear from all of the new test cruise announcements that this is the way they’re going.

Edited by CruiseBride926
Autocorrect
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CruiseBride926 said:

Nothing was mentioned specifically but it sounded like he was referring to all cruises. Plus it’s pretty clear from all of the new test cruise announcements that this is the way they’re going.

If they go the test cruise route,  then each and every ship has to go through it, which will take substantially longer than the 95% route.  I understand that they wish to do it to increase the number of unvaccinated children on board, but unless they also come out with an official,  no unvaccinated adults on Caribbean cruises at the same time,  then the test cruise route will also possibly allow unvaccinated adults by the droves to sail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If they go the test cruise route,  then each and every ship has to go through it, which will take substantially longer than the 95% route.  I understand that they wish to do it to increase the number of unvaccinated children on board, but unless they also come out with an official,  no unvaccinated adults on Caribbean cruises at the same time,  then the test cruise route will also possibly allow unvaccinated adults by the droves to sail.

The way he worded it made it seem anyone that can get vaccinated will be required to. Probably something along the lines of the Bahamas cruises where 12+ need to be vaccinated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If they go the test cruise route,  then each and every ship has to go through it, which will take substantially longer than the 95% route.  I understand that they wish to do it to increase the number of unvaccinated children on board, but unless they also come out with an official,  no unvaccinated adults on Caribbean cruises at the same time,  then the test cruise route will also possibly allow unvaccinated adults by the droves to sail.

Several more ships mentioned today for test cruises. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The freedom test cruise is out of Miami so it will not be sailing from NJ unless it will also run a freedom test cruise out of NJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CruiseBride926 said:

The way he worded it made it seem anyone that can get vaccinated will be required to. Probably something along the lines of the Bahamas cruises where 12+ need to be vaccinated. 

That's the problem.   Nothing is officially in writing yet.  It's all conjecture and speculation and reading between the lines and inference.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the  "TRIAL"  or  "TEST"   cruise passenger and crew requirements for the  ANTHEM'S cruises PRIOR to her return to New Jersey are compliant or being made compliant during her European cruises?

 

It might make sense and allow for a smoother and more rapid transition to more normal cruising at least for the ANTHEM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2021 at 12:49 PM, dswallow said:

 

Ummm... incorrect. 🙂

 

In the US:
 

Modern: 4 weeks (28 days), OK to administer up to 4 days earlier; 6 weeks max
Pfizer: 3 weeks (21 days), OK to administer up to 4 days earlier; 6 weeks max

 

The 4-day early grace period is not supposed to be used for sscheduling; it's more a case of reviewing records and determining if the vaccination was valid or not.


COVID-19 Vaccines that Require 2 Shots | CDC

Some other countries are doing the second shot much later than that timetable, though.

 

Does anyone know for sure how many of the crew on ships like the ANTHEM or others currently sailing are already vaccinated or are in the process ? 

 

What are the passenger requirements now and in the near future as to testing or vaccinations ?

 

By the time she switches from her European sailings and heads over to Jersey the entire crew could easily be fully vaccinated and familiar with any and all new regulations that may be imposed for her Cape Liberty itineraries??

 

Would any of her pre-Jersey sailings count towards a TEST or TRIAL cruise ??? 

 

Too many IFs, ANDs or BUTs tossed into the entire pot of speculations which is being stirred by both positive and negative amateur chefs.

 

I am a positive chef hoping that we will be back to normal as fast as is safely possible.

 

In the meantime I just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

 

Does anyone know for sure how many of the crew on ships like the ANTHEM or others currently sailing are already vaccinated or are in the process ? 

 

What are the passenger requirements now and in the near future as to testing or vaccinations ?

 

By the time she switches from her European sailings and heads over to Jersey the entire crew could easily be fully vaccinated and familiar with any and all new regulations that may be imposed for her Cape Liberty itineraries??

 

Would any of her pre-Jersey sailings count towards a TEST or TRIAL cruise ??? 

 

Too many IFs, ANDs or BUTs tossed into the entire pot of speculations which is being stirred by both positive and negative amateur chefs.

 

I am a positive chef hoping that we will be back to normal as fast as is safely possible.

 

In the meantime I just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. 

 

Anthem is supposed to be a fully vaccinated crew before taking on fully vaccinated UK passengers (under 18 would just need a negative test).

 

If current CDC requirements are followed, Anthem would either need to do a test sailing out of the US somewhere, or only accept a 95% or higher vaccinated passenger number to sail from the US; who knows how things might change, of course. But generally speaking having to spend a couple days at that point before beginning revenue cruises out of Cape Liberty is probably a minor thing; Royal Caribbean will have experience with going through the process on other ships by then and will know what is expected of them which should minimize any chance for a delay in the process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, mbottoms66 said:

Test cruises do not have to go out of their home port.  The cruise line just needs to have a port agreement with the home port.

Do the cruise lines have such an agreement with Cape Liberty?

Edited by Captain Billy Bob
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dswallow said:

 

Anthem is supposed to be a fully vaccinated crew before taking on fully vaccinated UK passengers (under 18 would just need a negative test).

 

I can't locate where Royal Caribbean stipulates that passengers on those cruises be vaccinated?

 

It doesn't show up anywhere during the entire booking process for any of their October departures?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

Do the cruise lines have such an agreement with Cape Liberty?

I don't know if it is official yet but there was an article somewhere ( I have read so many I can't remember) that says they are ready.  I will try to find the article.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...