Jump to content

Ships to start sailing half capacity in August from Bayonne


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

Matt Hochberg at Royal Caribbean Blog is pretty on top of breaking stories. I'm not taking this info to the bank, but, hoping there's a whiff of truth to it so we can all realize our cruise dreams in the coming months. 

That may be true but the link you posted was not from that site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That may be true but the link you posted was not from that site.

Emphasis on the "may".

 

Plus emphasis on "that's a different site."

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

You should reach out. He sounds in the know

I'm retired from Public Safety (In Mass.). Most often unless you're in a higher level in the chain of command, then we're often the last to know what's going on with day to day operations.  I'm doubtful this officer in the P A will know more about cruise ships returning now. (just my opinion)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

I'm retired from Public Safety (In Mass.). Most often unless you're in a higher level in the chain of command, then we're often the last to know what's going on with day to day operations.  I'm doubtful this officer in the P A will know more about cruise ships returning now. (just my opinion)

You’re a 100% right

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing matching this Port Liberty story on Matt's site. The link shared is only to a very old schedule of what was planned pre-pandemic. With Freedom sailing test cruises out of Florida June 20-22, it seems unlikely to be making its July 3 date in New Jersey.

 

From what I can gather, PANJ/NY is "encouraging" fully vaccinated sailings and will not get in the way of sailings out of metro NYC.

 

If the fight with DeSantis drags out (I think unlikely, as cruise lines will get a restraining order short term and win on the merits quickly at trial -- Florida is violating the Commerce Clause and likely the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution. Also, courts have held that employers can require employees to be vaccinated, so it's likely that private venues can require vaccinations -- case law pretty strong on that issue).

 

So while I think this report is not credible -- I'm a long-time journalist -- I believe cruising will resume in NJ/NY in July.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2021 at 12:30 PM, Roger88 said:

There is 5-7 week period between vaccines. So you need to expect two to three months to have the entire crew vaccinated. In any case we cant predict it very well 

Incorrect;

Moderna:28-32 days

Pfizer :14-17 days

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Incorrect;

Moderna:28-32 days

Pfizer :14-17 days

 

J&J: 2 weeks after injection

Moderna: 42 days after 1st injection (2 weeks after 2nd)

Pfizer: 35 days after 1st injection (2 weeks after 2nd)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Incorrect;

Moderna:28-32 days

Pfizer :14-17 days

 

 

Ummm... incorrect. 🙂

 

In the US:
 

Modern: 4 weeks (28 days), OK to administer up to 4 days earlier; 6 weeks max
Pfizer: 3 weeks (21 days), OK to administer up to 4 days earlier; 6 weeks max

 

The 4-day early grace period is not supposed to be used for sscheduling; it's more a case of reviewing records and determining if the vaccination was valid or not.


COVID-19 Vaccines that Require 2 Shots | CDC

Some other countries are doing the second shot much later than that timetable, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cruiserking said:

Matt Hochberg at Royal Caribbean Blog is pretty on top of breaking stories. I'm not taking this info to the bank, but, hoping there's a whiff of truth to it so we can all realize our cruise dreams in the coming months. 

 

Jonathan

That isn’t a Matt Hochberg post, Cruise Industry News (a fairly worthless website) posts that same article every month, it’s just a cut and paste from the “master schedule” 

There will be no July 3 sailing from Bayonne, guaranteed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

That isn’t a Matt Hochberg post, Cruise Industry News (a fairly worthless website) posts that same article every month, it’s just a cut and paste from the “master schedule” 

There will be no July 3 sailing from Bayonne, guaranteed 

 

With all due respect you don't know this. Everything is changing very rapidly. Am hoping for news tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cruiserking said:

Dust off your suitcases. According to this link from Royal Caribbean blog Freedom will start sailing from Cape Liberty on July 3, 2021.

 

Jonathan

 Freedom and Oasis from Miami in July?

81736560_FreedomJuly-Miami.png.034fe4cf6b605fcdefd888531ddd5d29.png

Oasis July-Miami.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

 Freedom and Oasis from Miami in July?

81736560_FreedomJuly-Miami.png.034fe4cf6b605fcdefd888531ddd5d29.png

Oasis July-Miami.png

Clearly my link is not reliable. Cape Liberty is supposed to open at the end of August so presumably Oasis and Freedom will cruise there then. 

 

Jonathan

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

That isn’t a Matt Hochberg post, Cruise Industry News (a fairly worthless website) posts that same article every month, it’s just a cut and paste from the “master schedule” 

There will be no July 3 sailing from Bayonne, guaranteed 

I realize that now. I thought the Twitter link said Royal Caribbean Blog but, alas it did not. It didn't look right because the word is Bayonne isn't opening till the end of August. 

 

Happy Cruising. 

 

Jonathan

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dswallow said:

 

Ummm... incorrect. 🙂

 

In the US:
 

Modern: 4 weeks (28 days), OK to administer up to 4 days earlier; 6 weeks max
Pfizer: 3 weeks (21 days), OK to administer up to 4 days earlier; 6 weeks max

 

The 4-day early grace period is not supposed to be used for sscheduling; it's more a case of reviewing records and determining if the vaccination was valid or not.


COVID-19 Vaccines that Require 2 Shots | CDC

Some other countries are doing the second shot much later than that timetable, though.

We are not talking about the same thing. I will respectfully disagree as I am a "volunteer immunizer" The above that I listed is how they are being administered in the greater Baltimore area. My point, however, was that it does NOT take 6 weeks to get both vaccines.

 

1 hour ago, jacksonx said:

J&J: 2 weeks after injection

Moderna: 42 days after 1st injection (2 weeks after 2nd)

Pfizer: 35 days after 1st injection (2 weeks after 2nd)

I was pointing out that the series of actual vaccines does not take six weeks. It is always 2 weeks after the second shot; I was referring to the process of administering the actual vaccine.

Edited by forgotmyCCname
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I will respectfully disagree as I am a "volunteer immunizer" The above that I listed is how they are being administered in the greater Baltimore area. My point, however, was that it does NOT take 6 weeks to get both vaccines. To reach a state of immunity, yes- but the process is not more than four weeks total.

 

 It is always 2 weeks after the second shot; I was referring to the process of administering the actual vaccine.

 

Edited by forgotmyCCname
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I will repsrectfully disagree as I am a "volunteer immunizer" The above that I listed is how they are being administered in

the greater Baltimore area. My point, however, was that it does NOT take 6 weeks to get both vaccines.

 

I was pointing out that the series of actual vaccines does not take six weeks. It is  2

weeks after the second shot that you have the immunity; I was referring to the process of administering the actual vaccine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacksonx said:

J&J: 2 weeks after injection

Moderna: 42 days after 1st injection (2 weeks after 2nd)

Pfizer: 35 days after 1st injection (2 weeks after 2nd)

I was not referring to date of immunity; my point was that is does not take six weeks to administer any of the 3 available vaccines. Comparing apples to oranges. All three vaccines provide immunity after 2 weeks; that is given.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

 

With all due respect you don't know this. Everything is changing very rapidly. Am hoping for news tomorrow.

No, I DO know this. Bayonne isn’t expected to open before August; all due respect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

I realize that now. I thought the Twitter link said Royal Caribbean Blog but, alas it did not. It didn't look right because the word is Bayonne isn't opening till the end of August. 

 

Happy Cruising. 

 

Jonathan

I’m wondering...if Miami dock is posting Oasis for July why is Royal still selling these cruises? And why haven’t they communicated any of this to those of us sailing on these ships in July? They need to be transparent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bgriffin5 said:

I’m wondering...if Miami dock is posting Oasis for July why is Royal still selling these cruises? And why haven’t they communicated any of this to those of us sailing on these ships in July? They need to be transparent. 

This is a pattern of behavior for many, many months now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, I DO know this. Bayonne isn’t expected to open before August; all due respect. 

Can you cite a source on this? I did see a local news Web site (in Hudson County -- I actually worked at the now long-defunct Hudson Dispatch daily newspaper early in my journalism career)  suggest July was possible based on their reporting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mmcgann11 said:

Can you cite a source on this? I did see a local news Web site (in Hudson County -- I actually worked at the now long-defunct Hudson Dispatch daily newspaper early in my journalism career)  suggest July was possible based on their reporting.

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/bayonne/sections/business-and-finance/articles/royal-caribbean-to-set-sail-from-bayonne-in-august

 

Jonathan

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bgriffin5 said:

I’m wondering...if Miami dock is posting Oasis for July why is Royal still selling these cruises? And why haven’t they communicated any of this to those of us sailing on these ships in July? They need to be transparent. 

According to online news source TapintoBayonne Cape Liberty is allegedly opening in August. So July cruises are not likely. 

 

I would imagine Royal Caribbean will make an announcement in the next week or so. You have until 48 hours until your cruise with the Cruise with Confidence program. 

 

Jonathan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...