When will NCL open up more bookings for 2024?

Right now, only POA (Hawaii) is available.  I booked it.  Do we know when they will add other US cruises? I have a theory that we are close to a stampede of Cruise bookings as Covid fades into the rearview mirror, and that this may have an immediate, undesirable affect on both promotions and prices.  I would like to get something else booked in 2024 as a placeholder as soon as I can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

End of 2023, Early 2024 likely won’t open up for booking until next Spring sometime I would think. 

We'll see.  Like I said, POA is already available.  Hopefully it won't be another year before other bookings are available.  When I worked and was busy with life, I didn't have time for any of this.  Now, I can stay way ahead of the game.

It seems POA has always been available far before other ships. I am eager for 2024 myself as I want to put 3 holds on it. Perhaps 2022-2023 will be peak booking and 2024 could see more competition with newer ships and older ones to fill

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Right now, only POA (Hawaii) is available.  I booked it.  Do we know when they will add other US cruises? I have a theory that we are close to a stampede of Cruise bookings as Covid fades into the rearview mirror, and that this may have an immediate, undesirable affect on both promotions and prices.  I would like to get something else booked in 2024 as a placeholder as soon as I can.

NCL has never, to my knowledge, except for POA, posted any cruises for booking prior to 24 months before sailing. COVID is unlikely to change that trend as NCL needs to understand the market.  I don’t anticipate NCL to release 2024 cruises until 2022. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

boo!!

I always book as soon as cruises are available.   I have only rarely found the price to be lower than those first few weeks.  Lock in a good rate and cancel if necessary

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I always book as soon as cruises are available.   I have only rarely found the price to be lower than those first few weeks.  Lock in a good rate and cancel if necessary

We're the same. I like to peek at what is coming so you get a good jump on your preferred dates and cabins. If it's an itinerary that catches my eye at a price I'm comfortable with (or not really as in the case of Prima but willing to book it anyway), then I book it and watch.

If the price comes down or better promos come out - I simply rebook at the lower rate. If they go up, I smile knowing how much I saved by booking early. If I change my mind or something more enticing comes along, I cancel. With fully refundable deposits before final payment date, what is there to lose? 

I've got things booked out until  October 2023 at this point. Gives me something to look forward to and reminds me why I keep showing up to work every day.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Exactly.  I thought it was a reasonable question, but apparently not everybody understands the benefits.  Right now we have 10 cruises booked through Spring 2024.  We'll eventually cancel four of them.  Alaska has been the key variable.

• Like 1

We have five booked for 2022, two in research stage for 23.  We had a total of six cancelled due to COVID so we’ve got some catching up to do.  We did however discover AIs in Cozumel and have had two nice stays this year with one more booked for August

21 hours ago, complawyer said:

no offense, but arent you just a little premature?

Not at all- some people know what their schedules are a few years out in advance, i.e. work cycles, family weddings, graduations etc.. 

that's not the point!  i'm sure if you personally contacted the powers that be at norwegian, even they couldnt tell you whats on tap for 2024 except for poa.

most airlines wont make reservations that far in advance so how can someone actually plan a cruise that far ahead, especially if as yet there are no known itineraries.

my suggestion was that the person asking just have patience  and wait until ncl releases their itinerary

Have cruising gotten more expensive. I was looking at a Transatlantic cruise on the Bliss for April 2023 . A 11 day cruise only one stop. The cost was $2000 dollars in a Studio cabin. Maybe it’s like the price of housing never stop increasing.

Just my two cents . . .

Every time NCL releases or opens up new bookings there is a press release. These press releases are all stored on their website where anyone can look at them.

They are fairly consistent. If you want to know when, for example, they will release summer of 2024 cruises, the answer is simply "one year after they release summer of 2023 cruises"...which is also one year after they release summer of 2022 cruises, which is one year after they release summer of 2021 cruises, etc

Just go and look at the archived press releases and find one that corresponds to the time of year/area you are interested in...you can easily infer the rest.

Real simple, real easy.

Is it a 100% guarantee? No...of course not. Nothing is guaranteed. They can always change the schedule release dates. Nobody here has a crystal ball that can predict the future. Nobody here receives advance notification of the what, why, when, and how of NCL's decision making.

When is NCL going to open up more bookings for _______? How the heck would we know? Why the heck should we know? The information is out there...if you have an interest in it, the please, by all means, figure it out. (We are all educated and intelligent adults, right?) If knowing future release dates is all that valuable, then please...start a thread like the "Everything _________" threads and put it out there in one easy to find place. Its a wonder why it isn't there already, amirite?

Perhaps then we won't have to see variations of this unanswerable question come up again, and again, and again, and again...