Who else thinks that anyone caught faking their vaccine credentials should be banned from Cruising for life?

WestLakeGirl

Someone faking a vaccine card should face consequences.  However, how do you prove something that cannot be proven.  Without a data base that the cruise lines can access, there is no way to prove a fake vaccine card or paper.  If someone who is vaccinated gets covid on the ship is everyone going to assume they faked their vaccine card?

DW and I are fully vaccinated and did so because the writing was on the wall that it would be required to cruise.  I wonder how long it will be before some litigious nut sues a cruise line for requiring vaccination and discriminating against folks with natural immunity.

50 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

Someone faking a vaccine card should face consequences.  However, how do you prove something that cannot be proven.  Without a data base that the cruise lines can access, there is no way to prove a fake vaccine card or paper.  If someone who is vaccinated gets covid on the ship is everyone going to assume they faked their vaccine card?

Most states have databases which are maintained with records of vaccinations.  The cruise line is welcome to check the database here in NC to see that I have both jabs, dates, vaccine manufacturer and lot numbers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

Most states have databases which are maintained with records of vaccinations.  The cruise line is welcome to check the database here in NC to see that I have both jabs, dates, vaccine manufacturer and lot numbers.

It will be interesting.  Will cruise lines be required to do this on cruises from US ports?  Even randomly?  Verification as part of the agreed protocol with the CDC?  Or will cruise lines actually not want to be involved in verification unless they really have to?  No matter how strong the sentiment is from passengers.  

52 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

I also live in NC.  I think there are 2 systems.  One for vaccinations in general NCIR and one for covid-19 specifically CVMS.

I don't think either system allows for general access to verify vaccination.   Like you I would certainly allow the Cruise Line to access my vaccine info if allowed.   I have my CDC card, I had them fill out my old Yellow vaccine card and I have a letter attached to my visit notes in MyChart with the shot details, all of which I will carry with me.

NCIR

From everything I can tell this is only accessible to health care providers.  Next time I go to the Dr I'm going to ask if my covid shots are registered there.

https://www.immunize.nc.gov/providers/ncir.htm

CVMS

This system was intended to manage the whole vaccination process including pre-registration, appointment tracking, and second shot reminders.  However I don't believe that vaccine providers were required to use it.  DW got her shots through Duke healthcare and hers are registered there,  I got mine from a healthcare system in another county and mine are not, even though I got a message to register after my first shot.   Both of us had our shots registered in the MyChart system of the healthcare system.   I've also heard that CVS is not using CVMS.

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines/info-health-care-providers/covid-19-vaccine-management-system-cvms

There is a portal for individuals to access their records

https://covid-vaccine-portal.ncdhhs.gov/s/my-dashboard

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Tom,

Unfortunately there are people that have no problem stooping that low.  Or even lower.  Just look at all the scams on the internet and by mail and by phone.  It is constant.  Scammers are a big business.  Also a new business has emerged in fake vaccine shots too.  In some parts of the world you can knowingly or unknowingly get a counterfeit vaccine and a counterfeit certificate too.  This is the world we live in.  It is sad really.

That is sad.  I guess there really are evil people.

Tom

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

We'll be doing Online Check-In for our 8/27 booking this Saturday.  Wonder if there will be a Proof of Vaccination section.

Let us know. 

Should be interesting since you would think they would want to weed out any unvaccinated as soon as possible. 

On 5/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, spiritkat090909 said:

A ban for life? Is that all?  Support the DEATH penalty?...that is the next step, you know.  WTH happened to due process and laws?  Or innocent until proven guilty?  I don't get it... your vax protects you doesn't it?  According to..Fauci!

Don't want unvaxed on your precious vacation, then get the laws changed accordingly. But, the mob mentality throw them overboard is ridiculous.  The darn thing is supposed to protect YOU!  What are you so afraid of?!  Dying yourself?  We all get there eventually.... where you go after death...is that the real fear?

i support the death penalty 100,000,000% for violent felons, drug traffickers, rapists, et al

On 5/23/2021 at 12:26 AM, Buckeye94 said:

I've seen posts here and on other threads questioning how they would know if documentation was fake or how they would confirm vaccination.  I'm sure someone here has traveled to a destination that required other vaccinations beforehand, e.g. African safari or countries where malaria is prevalent? How was that handled? 

they look at your yellow cdc vaccination card.  i brought mine along for notarization of the covid vaccine.  the most checked vaccine before this was yellow fever depending on when you received, is either for 10 years or a lifetime.  go to some parts of brazil or thailand and this is very necessary.  i got the japanese encephalitis vaccine, the only one that ever made me sick..

18 hours ago, tserface said:

I can't believe that someone would be so low as to "fake" having been vaccinated. I do understand how some may not want to be vaccinated and maybe not even do any of the protocols, but it takes a new low on integrity to pretend you got vaccinated when you really didn't.

I just want to believe that there are not many people willing to sink that low... especially just to go cruising.  If they'd go that low for something as simple as getting vaccinated, what else would they do on the ship?  They obviously have no scruples.  If you don't want to, or can't, get vaccinated, at least by grown-up enough to own it.

Tom

A CVS employee in my neighborhood stole a batch of vaccination cards, he planned to sell them to folks who didn’t want to be vaccinated.

he’ll be doing jail time, I think...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ECCruise said:

In order to travel safely and without consequence, I'm more than willing to put into any database that says I am 100% vaccinated.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

In order to travel safely and without consequence, I'm more than willing to put into any database that says I am 100% vaccinated.

It is ironic that you use the words “without consequence” in that sentence. Sadly ironic.

10 minutes ago, ch175 said:

It is ironic that you use the words “without consequence” in that sentence. Sadly ironic.

You mean like the state databases that have held information on childhood vaccinations for decades

• Like 2

From the above article, couldn't have said it better:

"For anyone thinking about being dishonest about their vaccination status, here’s a thought. If you want the benefits of getting fully vaccinated, get fully vaccinated. If you are still hesitant about getting vaccinated, keep yourself and others safe by continuing to follow all face mask-wearing and social distancing guidance in the meantime. Being an adult is about making choices and those dealing with the consequences of those choices. "

• Like 3

1 hour ago, songbird1329 said:

A CVS employee in my neighborhood stole a batch of vaccination cards, he planned to sell them to folks who didn’t want to be vaccinated.

he’ll be doing jail time, I think...

Hope he's not a Captain's Club member.

- Joel

On 5/22/2021 at 11:48 AM, DallasGuy75219 said:

I think there's a point at which individuals need to mind their own business and stop trying to be the vaccine police.

Do not agree with this train of thought.

BTW......check the "likes" for post #5. I agree with that thought process totally.

Edited by coffeebean

On 5/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, spiritkat090909 said:

A ban for life? Is that all?  Support the DEATH penalty?...that is the next step, you know.  WTH happened to due process and laws?  Or innocent until proven guilty?  I don't get it... your vax protects you doesn't it?  According to..Fauci!

Don't want unvaxed on your precious vacation, then get the laws changed accordingly. But, the mob mentality throw them overboard is ridiculous.  The darn thing is supposed to protect YOU!  What are you so afraid of?!  Dying yourself?  We all get there eventually.... where you go after death...is that the real fear?

On 5/22/2021 at 9:08 PM, mom says said:

What did you not understand about the topic of this thread? The subject is not vaxx or no vaxx. The subject is what to do about the disgusting fraudsters who forge a vaccination document in order to board a cruise. What kind of person knowingly commits an illegal act like that? And never mind any risk to other cruisers who ARE vaccinated; what about these cheaters possibly carrying the virus and infecting unprotected people in their ports of call? I'll tell you what kind of people they are- amoral, narcissistic, sociopaths who only care about themselves.

Gee, did that sound a bit harsh? Sorry, not sorry.

I have two words for those who forge a vaccine card......low lifes. Having said that, I sincerely doubt the Celebrity crowd, as a whole, does not fit that "expletive".

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Let us know. 

Should be interesting since you would think they would want to weed out any unvaccinated as soon as possible. 

I took a look at our vax docs from Walgreen's.  Not much information really.  Name, dates, provider, vax type, lot #.  Not sure I would trust it if I were on the reviewing end.  🤔

I don’t care if you don’t get the vaccine, your choice.   Just stay off the ships, wear your mask and keep socially distanced from others.    You may choose to risk your life, however, don’t risk the lives of others.   Unfortunately immune compromised individuals can still catch COVID even if vaccinated.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

You mean like the state databases that have held information on childhood vaccinations for decades

You are comfortable having a government-controlled database that is accessible by private entities. Not to mention the government could choose winners and losers by dictating which companies have access?

Not to mention allowing foreign governments access to the database?

Come on.