Cancelled Sailings?

Bgwest

11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

My advice is to skip the FCC, get a cash refund, and start over on a new booking.  FCCs are non-transferrable and non-refundable.   Plus, there's no premium listed, other than a low level of OBC.  Not worth the risk, imo.  Take the money and run then start over.

I'd agree.  We are just learning about our FCC days of hxxx.

8 minutes ago, dexddd said:

I don't understand.

Once your Cruise is officially cancelled by MSC, your cancelled Cruise booking number automatically becomes your FCC reference number.

The cancellation email is also the FCC certificate.

Just call your travel agent or MSC and get your new booking done on the phone, USING THE SAME CANCELLED CRUISE BOOKING NUMBER.

TAXES AND FEES ARE DIRECTLY CREDITED TO YOUR CARD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drsel said:

I don't understand.

Once your Cruise is officially cancelled by MSC, your cancelled Cruise booking number automatically becomes your FCC reference number.

The cancellation email is also the FCC certificate.

Just call your travel agent or MSC and get your new booking done on the phone, USING THE SAME CANCELLED CRUISE BOOKING NUMBER.

TAXES AND FEES ARE DIRECTLY CREDITED TO YOUR CARD

In our case, 15 months later, our FCC still not complete.  Have never seen a fcc number or email from MSC other than cruise cancelled and email that we took fcc route and would be sent in 60 days..  It took 10 months for fees to get back to credit card.  FCC has to be used all at once by the three of us on one reservation.  Maybe person number three can't go same time as us then it is lost.

56 minutes ago, dexddd said:

In our case, 15 months later, our FCC still not complete.  Have never seen a fcc number or email from MSC other than cruise cancelled and email that we took fcc route and would be sent in 60 days..  It took 10 months for fees to get back to credit card.  FCC has to be used all at once by the three of us on one reservation.  Maybe person number three can't go same time as us then it is lost.

I am sorry to hear that, because in my case the cancellation email was the FCC, which I used to book another NEW cruise (at a substantially higher price) and it took just 20 minutes on the phone.

No further payment was required.

around $60 (port fees and taxes ) is supposed to have been refunded to my credit card, but I did not check.

I think now the process has improved and become more streamlined

Edited by drsel

I just spoke to a supervisor at MSC.

he said that if you apply your FCC to another existing booking, the existing Cruise booking number will get deleted from the system it and the entire deposit paid on that existing Cruise  will get refunded to your credit card after two months

"they will match the extremely low price of your  existing cruise when applying the FCC, and they will also add another $200 on board credit to the existing onboard credit"

Can anyone else confirm this statement?

Edited by drsel

On 6/12/2021 at 9:46 PM, dexddd said:

MSC confirmed that the NEW cruise booked using a FCC cannot be refunded, but it is protected by CruiseFlex, meaning that if you cant make it for whatever reason,  you can change the cruise date/ship/itinerary/departure port upto 48 hours prior to sailing!

(I earlier thought that changes were allowed only upto final payment or 90 days prior to sailing)

That is amazing & very customer friendly.

I am not sure about name changes.

Edited by drsel

On 6/12/2021 at 10:32 AM, Stockjock said:

I presume that there are some limitations to that offer?  If you can cancel for any reason and kick it forward indefinitely, then that's not too bad.  Just make sure you have that in writing.

If you book any NEW cruise using a FCC + $200 OBC, you are protected by CruiseFlex, which allows you to change your cruise upto 48 hours prior to sailing.

Thats amazing!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently they canceled Musica's short cruises to Ibiza until October 19th. Now the first Musica Cruise available is October 24th Venice - Durban. 

They also canceled Poesia's cruises to Turkey from the end of October until the end of November. Now the first Poesia cruise available is on December 21st.