I hope someone is working on the Celebrity App

So, last week, I was finally able to do the online check-in tor my Apex cruises...

And, while checking in, it tells you to download the Celebrity phone app...

Easy, because I already have it downloaded from my last couple of pre-pandemic cruises...

But, I just clicked on the app to see what's there...

First page I got to was the "Daily Planner"...and then first thing I see there is an entry entitled "Embark Transfer to Ship Via Rome".

Sounds great, so, they'll pick me up at Athens airport and take me to Rome on the way to the ship in Pireus???

As I scrolled page by page, it appeared all of the offered shorexes were in there...plus some I wouldn't think would be possible...like, for Santorini, it lists "Amalfi Drive and Pompeii" ...quite an exhausting day I would imagine...Do they tender you off the ship all the way to Naples?  One of the tours listed from Ashdod is "Discovering Nice & the French Riviera".  Well, that WOULD be quite a discovery, no?

I am assuming they get all of this ceaned up before embarkation...

• Haha 1

We have found in the past that until about a week  before sailing the app isn’t of  much value,  but once on the ship the daily activities and menus were pretty accurate.  With no sailing for almost 15 months & minimal staff while shut down its not surprising that the focus  of IT resources wasn’t on perfecting the app.

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have found in the past that until about a week  before sailing the app isn’t of  much value,  but once on the ship the daily activities and menus were pretty accurate.  With no sailing for almost 15 months & minimal staff while shut down its not surprising that the focus  of IT resources wasn’t on perfecting the app.

The focus of Celebrity has never been on its app.  From showing different benefits on the mobile and full site for Captains Club that took "only" 3 years to sort; to updates of cancelled or modified cruises simply taking days or weeks the app in both flavors - desktop and mobile - can best referred to as interesting 

• 4 weeks later...

The Celebrity app (Android version, can't speak for Apple) has been updated 3 times since this thread was opened. Developers of phone apps are pretty much always working to "improve" them -- most of them never stop. Sometimes the "improvements" (updates) are only targeted to bring in more ad revenue. (Why I don't update my phone apps any more than I absolutely need to.)

Sometimes "updates" break an app or create new problems. Celebrity's Feb 26 update apparently did that. The March 10 update reportedly fixed that, but maybe April's broke it again. The latest is dated June 11, version 1.27.1. I'm not using it yet so can't say how well it works.

Compared to the way Royal Caribbean's website used to operate (barely there except when it wasn't, which was often) I'm not gonna complain one whit about Celebrity's IT crew.

It's what about 4 years old.   I managed a group who did these types of interfaces.  We would call this Beta quality and it would be fixed in 2 months or taken off the market.