b2b's in 2021

grannyp

2 hours ago, kamelia said:

In reading the most recent (as of 26 May 2021) CDC COVID-19 Operations Manual

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html

if you scroll down to the section titled "Testing of Embarking and Disembarking Passengers for Restricted Voyages," the CDC addresses testing requirements for Back-to-Back Sailing, with a footnote to the definition "Back-to-back sailing refers to passengers who stay on board for two or more voyages."  Would the CDC provide testing requirements for back-to-back passengers if they were still prohibiting back-to-back voyages?

This manual is simply an operating manual.   I have read all of it.  It does not address when B2Bs will start.   It simply describes testing requirements associated with B2Bs (when they are allowed).    The CDC has authorized B2Bs as of Nov 1.   So having the testing requirements in the manual should be expected.  It does not mean they have changed the guidance allowing B2Bs at any time.   So, anything before Nov 1 is still not allowed.  If they change the Conditional Sailing Order Nov 1 date, that is what counts.  Hopefully they do.  

Edited by mina
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mina said:

This manual is simply an operating manual.   I have read all of it.  It does not address when B2Bs will start.   It simply describes testing requirements associated with B2Bs (when they are allowed).    The CDC has authorized B2Bs as of Nov 1.   So having the testing requirements in the manual should be expected.  It does not mean they have changed the guidance allowing B2Bs at any time.   So, anything before Nov 1 is still not allowed.  If they change the Conditional Sailing Order Nov 1 date, that is what counts.  Hopefully they do.  

Thank you for your kind answer to my question.  I was hopeful, but also trying not to read more into it than what was intended.

49 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Thank you for your kind answer to my question.  I was hopeful, but also trying not to read more into it than what was intended.

I hear you.  I keep reading everything I can find and am reading tea leaves each morning.  I sure hope they decide to allow B2Bs for the Alaska cruises.  I so want to do one.  

Edited by mina

As long as each voyage of the b2b is 7 days or less. it should meet the guidelines.  And what about the 900 or so crew staying on board for a b2b? If they are allowed, why are passengers banned? Makes no sense to me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrandiGreg said:

As long as each voyage of the b2b is 7 days or less. it should meet the guidelines.  And what about the 900 or so crew staying on board for a b2b? If they are allowed, why are passengers banned? Makes no sense to me.  

Totally agree with you.  The restriction is listed on page 32 of the conditional sailing order. It just says cruises must be limited to 7 days or less.   Even in reading it all the way through, all 40 pages,  it is hard to understand.  Add on top of it that they just publish addendums to the original document, no wonder it is confusing.  For now, I can not find any addendum related to the 7 day cruise length restriction.   Really hope they issue one.  

At this morning’s Princess webinar they said based on the CSO that B2B cruises before 11/1/21 are not allowed but there’s no way to know if the CDC will rescind that requirement before 11/1/21. Princess has consistently stated in their webinars that B2B cruises are not allowed but some people have posted they’ve been able to make B2B cruises.

Princess needs to enforce one policy & not have multiple ones and for now their stated policy is no B2B cruises before 11/1/21 due to the CSO requirements.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2