Jump to content

Room 6215 on Volendamn


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, driftwood cruiser said:

If you have stayed in this cabin please let me know how it was.  Im planning to book this room on the 2024 Grand Voyage. Thanks

 

There are pictures of Rotterdam’s  6217 on halfacts.com - https://halfacts.com/6217-rotterdam-v/

The cabin next to yours and should be the same.  Volendam is a sister ship to the now sold Rotterdam 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

 

There are pictures of Rotterdam’s  6217 on halfacts.com - https://halfacts.com/6217-rotterdam-v/

The cabin next to yours and should be the same.  Volendam is a sister ship to the now sold Rotterdam 

 

I looked at the Volendam deck plan this morning on www.cruisedeckplans.com and saw that cabin (6217), thinking it would be next door to 6215.  But 6217 is a verandah and 6215 is an inside cabin.  There is only that one lone inside cabin on that stretch of hallway.  Maybe they can find another inside cabin to check out on www.halfacts.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

 

I looked at the Volendam deck plan this morning on www.cruisedeckplans.com and saw that cabin (6217), thinking it would be next door to 6215.  But 6217 is a verandah and 6215 is an inside cabin.  There is only that one lone inside cabin on that stretch of hallway.  Maybe they can find another inside cabin to check out on www.halfacts.com

 

Oops.  Thanks.  I forgot there was one inside cabin in that location 😔 

 

I took a look and it appears to be one of the larger inside cabins from the deck plans.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, driftwood cruiser said:

If you have stayed in this cabin please let me know how it was.  Im planning to book this room on the 2024 Grand Voyage. Thanks

On the high level floorplan, Volendam 6215 has a side door to the hallway. That is not very common but may allow you to compare with a similar room. My guess is that the arrangement is similar to the Volendam 7086 (without the window).  My pictures of 7086 are on the Hal Facts site.

 

The location of 6215 has a nice benefit. The public decks at the stern on deck 6 and 7 are not usually crowded. Everyone else near you has a verandah. Plus the other passengers stay on deck 8 by the pool.

 

https://halfacts.com/r-class/7086-volendam/

Volendam6215Room.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, driftwood cruiser said:

If you have stayed in this cabin please let me know how it was.  Im planning to book this room on the 2024 Grand Voyage. Thanks

Are you saying you are planning to book it when it opens for booking?

Edited by Hflors
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use cruisedeckplans.com--something like $15/3 yr. membership allows you to see photos uploaded by others--combined with halfacts.com to vet rooms. 

I looked for 6215, but it has no pics attached.  It is under the Rotterdam dining room and they often open that rear area for morning breakfast.  It could be noisy then, but I doubt it would be too bad because the dining room is carpeted.

We've been on other ships with those types of lengthwise aligned rooms and we loved them.  The room is definitely larger than other interiors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...