Let's talk Covid here

Blackduck59

I am getting my second Astra Zeneca tomorrow. I thought that Ontario wasn't going to get the vaccines with expiry dates of May 31 into arms was very troubling. But I got a text from the pharmacy about 6 pm inviting me to book a time. Getting that second dose will be a relief. Now my bike and barge trip for September is looking more likely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

My 97 year old mother, who doesn't live in a seniors home, is still waiting for her 2nd Pfizer shot and doesn't have a date yet.  Frustrating.

Where did she get her first shot? My aunt got hers at Sunnybrook; she was supposed to get her 2nd on June 30, but they moved her up to June 3.

The latest information says that she should be able to book her second immediately.

Son in law, 38, got a call yesterday afternoon from the pharmacy.   If he could be there within an hour his second Pfizer shot was waiting for him.  He has been number 7 on the 'on call' for the past few days.

It appears that some communities have an issue with vaccine expiration  and vaccine hesitancy. 

Good pharmacists would rather break the health authority rules rather than discard expired vials of vaccine.

Edited by iancal

9 minutes ago, iancal said:

Son in law, 38, got a call yesterday afternoon from the pharmacy.   If he could be there within an hour his second Pfizer shot was waiting for him.  He has been number 7 on the 'on call' for the past few days.

It appears that some communities have an issue with vaccine expiration  and vaccine hesitancy. 

Good pharmacists would rather break the health authority rules rather than discard expired vials of vaccine.

I just hope that the health authorities are wise enough not to notice these occurrences.

It does not appear to be happening in the large, urban area where we live. 

This is a good sign....demand equals or slightly exceeds supply.  This is where it needs to be in order to reach an acceptable percentage of vaccinated population in the shortest time.

5 hours ago, john2003 said:

My wife and I just booked our second shot In  BC for June 9. Yeah!

If you were  in Vancouver maybe we would see you there.  We got notification this AM that we could book our appt.  My goodness, it was like trying to get free seats for points on an airline!  Every appt we clicked, by the time we got down to the last bit it was gone.  So we had to go to June 9 also.  We are thrilled that they have moved it up to 8 weeks.

I just got back from getting my second AZ shot. Rexall's booking system gave you 10 minutes to fill out the information before you lose the time you chose. But, a week before my 65th birthday, I am fully vaccinated, and will be "fully protected" in 2 week.

41 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I just got back from getting my second AZ shot. Rexall's booking system gave you 10 minutes to fill out the information before you lose the time you chose. But, a week before my 65th birthday, I am fully vaccinated, and will be "fully protected" in 2 week.

Yay, now you can get on with your life (in 2 weeks).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

.  By 9am the site crashed.  She's getting it this Thursday.  I can book my second one June 28th.

We are also booked for our second, June 9.  We couldn't believe how fast the bookings were disappearing when we booked.  You would select a time and by the time you got to book it, it was gone! It will be a wonderful feeling to have both of them.

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We are also booked for our second, June 9.  We couldn't believe how fast the bookings were disappearing when we booked.  You would select a time and by the time you got to book it, it was gone! It will be a wonderful feeling to have both of them.

When we registered for our 1st shot we were able to make an appointment 2 days later. Got our notice for second shot yesterday. Went to sign up and the first appointment is 2 weeks away. Looks like everyone is anxious to get their lives into high gear. 

We got a cruise in Oct. 2021 and all passengers and crew are required to be vaccinated with 2 dose. Also green digital passport are in the talks, but hopefully the cruise ship can work with the port authorities like they do with the regular passports. 

If you don't mind me asking, where are you sailing?  I'm in such a hurry to sail again that I just love to sail vicariously through other peoples' plans!  We don't sail till Apr 26, long long time away.......

On 5/29/2021 at 4:01 PM, gnome12 said:

Edited by osuzanna
wrong profile

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

If you don't mind me asking, where are you sailing?  I'm in such a hurry to sail again that I just love to sail vicariously through other peoples' plans!  We don't sail till Apr 26, long long time away.......

Oct 2021 on Eurodam. 27 days TA Venice to fly lauderdale.

Looks like HAL is expecting 2100 passengers 

On this cruise.

8 hours ago, osuzanna said:

Are you flying into Germany for your bike and barge in September? Will Germany be open for Canadians?

I assume that the question was for me. Yes, I am flying into Germany, and will be stopping in Luxembourg and spending a week in France. I am assuming that being fully vaccinated and with case numbers dropping, that I will be allowed into Germany. The EU has been talking about allowing in fully vaccinated people. I assume that in the next few months we will figure out how to prove vaccination.

14 hours ago, lostinparadise999 said:

Oct 2021 on Eurodam. 27 days TA Venice to fly lauderdale.

Looks like HAL is expecting 2100 passengers 

On this cruise.

Sounds great.  Venice is such a beautiful place and it's good you get to sail from there.  I have heard of them closing the port to cruise ships.  We have never sailed with HAL.  I love long cruises.

25 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Sounds great.  Venice is such a beautiful place and it's good you get to sail from there.  I have heard of them closing the port to cruise ships.  We have never sailed with HAL.  I love long cruises.

Going to miss the sail in and sail away for Venice. 

21 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Affirmative, the Italian Govt has banned all cruise ships from the Giudecca Canal in Venice, so they must use one of the local commercial ports - Marghera or possibly Trieste

24 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Affirmative, the Italian Govt has banned all cruise ships from the Giudecca Canal in Venice, so they must use one of the local commercial ports - Marghera or possibly Trieste

That said, in today's news a cruise ship sailed through the Giudecca Canal. It is an MSC ship heading to the cruise port for a Venice departure, so presumably without passengers on board.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/venice-first-cruise-ship-since-coronavirus-pandemic

23 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

That said, in today's news a cruise ship sailed through the Giudecca Canal. It is an MSC ship heading to the cruise port for a Venice departure, so presumably without passengers on board.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/venice-first-cruise-ship-since-coronavirus-pandemic

Interesting, as previous attempts had mentioned ship > 100K GT would be banned, but the last announcement from the Italians mentioned all cruise ships.

Guess they have backed down again.