Ovation of the Seas shopping questions

I noticed there is a Cartier and Omega store on the ship.  First off, any experiences and general thoughts and must know information would be appreciated.  In addition, I have the following specific questions:

1) Does the Cartier store also carry bags and such?  Or is it primarily watches and jewelry?

2) Are the prices similar to what is on their land based stores (U.S.)? 

3) What tax or import fees or whatever do I need to consider for a purchase and if there is something to consider, at what dollar amount does that trigger?  (this would be for an Alaska trip that start in Seattle and ends there)

Idk about that store but customs has always been $800 pp allowed, a family of 4, $2400. Assuming you declare the actual dollar value of all you buy.

Has it changed? Doesnt matter what port you leave from.

I once did  accidental cruise to nowhere and the shops charged tax. Yes a smaller amount than my home town but if you dont hit a foreign port, this might hit. We ran into a hurricane that cut my cruise short and we didnt hit any foreign ports. 

• Like 1

Don't know about Cartier, but on previous trip on Liberty my sister was looking to buy an Omega for my BiL. Price on the ship was about the same as what it was at the Caribbean jewelry stores after a little haggling (all the jewelry stores started at MSRP and you had to haggle from there). I think we were offered about $100 less than the ship at one store but that was about it.

After the cruise, she ended up buying the exact same watch at Sam's Club for about $350-$400 less than the ship's price. Definitely check out the price at Sam's Club and Costco before you go as a comparison. In my BiL's case, he just wanted the standard Omega diver so those are absolutely everywhere. However, the one benefit of the ship and the jewelry stores in the Caribbean and Alaska is that they have exclusive models that are hard to find anywhere else. If you want one of those, you just have to pay up.  

• Like 1

Of the two, I'm only familiar with Omega, the prices on the Ovation two years ago were similar to those on land.

If you are going to be in Seattle before or after the cruise there is an Omega boutique in Bellevue, which does have a large selection on display.  If you found something that you like it is very probable that they would ship it back to your home to avoid the 10+% sales tax.