I'm looking at taking a world cruise, either on one ship in its entirety or piecing together several voyages do ultimately I would sail all around the globe.

I'll be sailing solo. MSC POESIA has an interesting itinerary & ON Oceania I could get to Sydney & board QM2 back to NYC.

Has anyone else done a world cruise or portion thereof? I / we would  like to hear about your experience & the away.

😊 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 4:13 PM, Rotterdam said:

I'm looking at taking a world cruise, either on one ship in its entirety or piecing together several voyages do ultimately I would sail all around the globe.

I'll be sailing solo. MSC POESIA has an interesting itinerary & ON Oceania I could get to Sydney & board QM2 back to NYC.

Has anyone else done a world cruise or portion thereof? I / we would  like to hear about your experience & the away.

😊

Sadly, I had a 39 night sector of a P&O World Cruise cancelled for this year. Personally, if I were looking to book another one in the future, seeing what happened when the Covid Pandemic struck, I think I would want to do it all on one cruise line. At least they then have a responsibility to look after you and get you back home.

On 6/11/2021 at 6:42 AM, Britboys said:

Sadly, I had a 39 night sector of a P&O World Cruise cancelled for this year. Personally, if I were looking to book another one in the future, seeing what happened when the Covid Pandemic struck, I think I would want to do it all on one cruise line. At least they then have a responsibility to look after you and get you back home.

Hi BB's....

I wanted an itinerary that completely circumnavigate the world 🌎 START & finish in the same port..truly around the world.

As far as the cruise lines are concerned I've found a traveller at times are left to their own devices...such as passengers on the HAL WORLD CRUISE 🛳 last year...they were basically dumped in Australia.  I ry not to  sail on a CARNIVORE CORP ship anymore...BUT even long time HAL FANS were turned off by the way they were treated. I know QM2/ CUNARD IS a CARNIVORE brand but being able to sail in & out of NYC is a major plus.

PS... what i am looking forward to is marking a spot on a  pier when I first embark and then 3 or so months later after the end of the cruise standing on the exact spot where I started.😊

15 hours ago, Rotterdam said:

Hi BB's....

I wanted an itinerary that completely circumnavigate the world 🌎 START & finish in the same port..truly around the world.

As far as the cruise lines are concerned I've found a traveller at times are left to their own devices...such as passengers on the HAL WORLD CRUISE 🛳 last year...they were basically dumped in Australia.  I ry not to  sail on a CARNIVORE CORP ship anymore...BUT even long time HAL FANS were turned off by the way they were treated. I know QM2/ CUNARD IS a CARNIVORE brand but being able to sail in & out of NYC is a major plus.

That's strange. I know someone who was on a South America cruise with HAL when the Pandemic struck and he felt they were very well looked after. He should have disembarked in South America but eventually got off in Miami and was then flown back to the UK.

23 hours ago, Britboys said:

That's strange. I know someone who was on a South America cruise with HAL when the Pandemic struck and he felt they were very well looked after. He should have disembarked in South America but eventually got off in Miami and was then flown back to the UK.

If you have a moment look up posts on HAL Board from WCB ...they are long term HAL world cruise passengers...they tell a different story...lack of communication, being dumped in Australia & then 8 months before their luggage showed up.

Tho active they are getting up in years...they went back to California i believe on 3 different flights...they had good insurance but HAL wasn't exactly

Accommodating.

CARNIVORE CORP that owns HAL is ultimately responsible.

• 1 month later...

I am looking into a world cruise on Viking - covid and the cost of the solo supplement are impediments but not insurmountable obstacles.  I think I have my brother talked into part or all of the trip, but we would want separagte rooms for a trip that long so back to the single supplement problem.  I'll be following this thread for tips!