Staycation formal night

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Not a fan of formal nights, my wife likes them, so I put on my Dinner Suit purchased from George at Asda in 2010, which to date has been worn about 15 times on cruises only, can’t get into it since lockdown. The only other time I wear a suit is for weddings. When I used to work the firm I worked for went casual in late 1990’s for those staff not Customer facing and at a later date for customer facing, so got out of habit of suit wearing.

I much prefer the casual look when on holiday, I never take a suit on a land based holiday, so struggle to understand the need for one on a ship. I own 2 suits, the aforementioned one and a blue suit reserved for weddings, although won’t be wearing that at my son’s wedding hopefully later this year as I will be wearing a hired suit as father of the groom. 

My wife knows my views and appreciates that I toe the line for a couple of nights on a cruise, but no doubt there will be those who criticise my view on suit wearing.

Not me. I’m with you 100% and my husband 150%!! He’ll do anything to avoid wearing a suit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Not me. I’m with you 100% and my husband 150%!! He’ll do anything to avoid wearing a suit.

To show how people can be so different, I don't wear anything like a suit on dry land but can't wait for formal nights and the chance to wear my tuxedos. I was in my element on Cunard, wearing a jacket to dinner every night.

• Like 9

I enjoy the opportunity to dress up and wear my long sparkly dresses on a cruise - it is virtually the only time I wear a dress as although we go out quite a lot I’m normally a trousers type of person. OH normally hates wearing formal clothes and his DJ is the only suit he owns. However on a cruise even he appreciates the formal nights although by the end of the cruise he’s usually glad he won’t have to do wear it again for a while 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1