Jump to content

Mardi Gras Cruisers


Recommended Posts

Just now, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

No masks required here. Publix grocery stores and Walmart no longer require customers to wear them. Others have signs recommended.

Any medical connected facility still requires them. Understandable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


That is crazy busy!

We flew into Orlando in April and it wasn't too bad.  We have pre-check, so that helps.  But that was the first time we flew anywhere since March of 2020, so it looked so empty to us.  Our flight this weekend is very early.  We like to arrive early anyway and allow ourselves plenty of time.  I think things will be much more crowded this time.

 

 

I have pre check as well -- Clear.  Summer travel started here over the weekend.  Airlines are hitting records with less planes.    My flight was at 9:35 AM and we arrived just at 6:10 AM.  It was insane but I believe they had two of the large terminals closed as well as two of the largest parking garages.  Major construction.  Anyways, once through security, was all good.  Got to the gate and they just started boarding.  Booked full and they delayed it waiting on passengers.  Give yourself some extra time.  Have a great flight and trip.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BrotherCraig said:

 

 

I have pre check as well -- Clear.  Summer travel started here over the weekend.  Airlines are hitting records with less planes.    My flight was at 9:35 AM and we arrived just at 6:10 AM.  It was insane but I believe they had two of the large terminals closed as well as two of the largest parking garages.  Major construction.  Anyways, once through security, was all good.  Got to the gate and they just started boarding.  Booked full and they delayed it waiting on passengers.  Give yourself some extra time.  Have a great flight and trip.  


Thanks for the advice.  We will definitely allow extra time.  We are finally flying out to see an elderly relative for the first time in 1 1/2 years.  We're vaccinated.  The relative is vaccinated, so we are keeping things safe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

By May of 2022 you'll be in great shape.  Hopefully all of the possible restrictions will be gone and you can just enjoy the ship, especially on port days when many will be ashore.  You will also have plenty of reviews to read and YouTube videos to watch so you'll know about the pros, cons and nuances.

I hope you are correct.  We thought the same thing for May 2021 a year ago....and here we are.  Fingers crossed!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


Thanks for the advice.  We will definitely allow extra time.  We are finally flying out to see an elderly relative for the first time in 1 1/2 years.  We're vaccinated.  The relative is vaccinated, so we are keeping things safe.

Great to hear it.  Good thing you are visiting them.  We had a baby in August and not a single soul saw the baby until a couple of months ago.  Grandparents only live 30 minutes away.  I didn't see my dad since March 2020 until a couple of months ago so it was great.  Sad that we lost all of that time together and glad nothing happened.  Enjoy every minute of that visit.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BrotherCraig said:

Great to hear it.  Good thing you are visiting them.  We had a baby in August and not a single soul saw the baby until a couple of months ago.  Grandparents only live 30 minutes away.  I didn't see my dad since March 2020 until a couple of months ago so it was great.  Sad that we lost all of that time together and glad nothing happened.  Enjoy every minute of that visit.  


Congratulations on the baby!  I know that was hard during the pandemic to not be surrounded by friends and family.  Two of my relatives who lived across the country died last year (not from covid).  They were both young and I will never see them again.  Anyway,  we are happy to finally be able to see family members who have isolated until they were vaccinated.  We definitely didn't want to fly to see them before we were fully vaccinated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


Congratulations on the baby!  I know that was hard during the pandemic to not be surrounded by friends and family.  Two of my relatives who lived across the country died last year (not from covid).  They were both young and I will never see them again.  Anyway,  we are happy to finally be able to see family members who have isolated until they were vaccinated.  We definitely didn't want to fly to see them before we were fully vaccinated.

 


Thank you!  You did the right thing for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My DH and I drove 2 hrs up to Port Canaveral, just to  watch the Mardi Gras sail in. WOW, was that exciting. There were droves of people there, and it was fun. A woman was passing out big, colorful, and beautiful signs, saying :"Welcome Home Mardi Gras". She gave us one, and now I have a great souvenir. She is certainly huge, and so beautiful. I can't wait to sail on her.

Booked Jan 22 to 29th, 2022. I am looking forward to everything.  We took our very 1st cruise on the original Mardi Gras, back in 1989. I was hooked on cruising forever. 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

 I didn't see my dad since March 2020 until a couple of months ago so it was great.  Sad that we lost all of that time together and glad nothing happened.  Enjoy every minute of that visit.  

Same amount of time here for not seeing my Dad!  At least we all stayed healthy.  And I didn't get to actually HUG him until a few weeks ago.  We were just waiting until we were all fully vaxxed.  So sad what this CV has done to so many people and their families.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Same amount of time here for not seeing my Dad!  At least we all stayed healthy.  And I didn't get to actually HUG him until a few weeks ago.  We were just waiting until we were all fully vaxxed.  So sad what this CV has done to so many people and their families.  

 

Yep and nobody was held responsible for it.  We all suffered - some more than others.  This pandemic will have lifelong effects for almost everyone.  Especially our children.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not until 6/10/23. We were booked on the Mardi Gras for 9/24/20 out of NYC but that got canceled. So we’re making up for it with this 8 nighter to the Southern Caribbean. 
 

Looking forward to the ship itself and all the new/different food places. And even though we’ve done a lot of cruises we’ve never done the Southern Caribbean (had a 2 weeker canceled) so looking forward to Aruba and Curacao. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going on the Mardi Gras in Jan 2022 and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable and safe parking lot to leave the car for a week in Canaveral.  Im familiar with Terminal 3 but something a little less expensive would be nice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RRLLAL said:

Not until 6/10/23. We were booked on the Mardi Gras for 9/24/20 out of NYC but that got canceled. So we’re making up for it with this 8 nighter to the Southern Caribbean. 
 

Looking forward to the ship itself and all the new/different food places. And even though we’ve done a lot of cruises we’ve never done the Southern Caribbean (had a 2 weeker canceled) so looking forward to Aruba and Curacao. 


Aruba and Curacao are both worth the trip.  We have cruised there twice and enjoyed both trips a lot.  Cruising there on the Mardi Gras will make it even better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, toocruisin2 said:

September 2022, and looking forward to being able to drive, not fly, to the port!

Now where on her May 2022. Would love to drive to port instead of flying in. Day of never works and day before sometimes to much of a rush. Need to retire to Fla !!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2021 at 8:11 PM, deliver42 said:

We live in S.C. and drive the day before and stay at a hotel. Completely rested to have fun when we board.

We're in Bluffton, and we'll probably just drive down the day of the cruise........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2021 at 4:54 PM, seajay312 said:

Going on the Mardi Gras in Jan 2022 and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable and safe parking lot to leave the car for a week in Canaveral.  Im familiar with Terminal 3 but something a little less expensive would be nice. 

If you are a veteran. Lots of Honor if not Park and Cruise. Both are the same lot. Price is the only difference. Right now they are closed for bookings. Will reopen soon. Very inexpensive. Check out the web sites. Lots of shuttles to and from the ships. Only about a 5-10 min ride from the lot. We have used them for many years several times a year. never a problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 2:49 PM, TNcruising02 said:

People who have a Mardi Gras cruise booked, when are you sailing and what are you looking forward to the most?

 

My husband and I are sailing (hopefully) on August 21st.  We are looking forward to exploring a new ship, eating at new restaurants, and new entertainment.

I just booked this for my mom and I!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2021 at 4:16 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Any medical connected facility still requires them. Understandable.

Idk if I'm so understanding. I'm wondering if masks at doctors are forever. 

 

Monday I'm in a large waiting room alone. Close to door to go out. Mom is the last patient. Took off mask for a few minutes and way over 100 ft away the girl at check in says put it back on. Seems dumb to wear it alone in a room to me. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, stellarose said:

just those who are sailing Mardi Gras take lots lots lots lots lots lots of photos and lots lots lots of video. 

 

sorry- am I excited for MG in December. heck yes. 

 

I plan on doing a live thread of my August 21st and August 28th sailing. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Preview coming...

 

per JH

These will be very special cruises in so many different ways. I will be on the ship on July 11 to film and show you just why this is truly a brilliant ship.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...