Jump to content

NCLH shares through eToro


Recommended Posts

Good morning all,

 

I am in the process of applying for my shareholder benefit OBC.  I am attaching a copy of the eToro account statement and a screenshot showing my portfolio to my application but is that enough to get the OBC?  Do I need to provide anything else?

 

Many thanks in advance of your advice.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CroozFanatic said:

Like pulling teeth

 

I literally haven't bothered to check if I bought > 100 during the Feb 2020 crash. Then again, my life has been a bit hectic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The process of receiving the credit is....well, it's almost like they really don't want to do it.

 

Did you see the shareholders rejected Frank's $34,000,000 compensation package for 2020? Non-binding vote tho.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone try using the shareholder benefit with 401k accounts? If not I guess I'll find out. Just submitted an email with shares from a 401k self directed stock account.  Fingers crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I have done two in the last week both with a screen shot of trading account and completed form.

 

Both were applied within 6 hours, the first I was emailed an amenity form to confirm, the second (done following day) I received nothing but it was showing in my account.

 

.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

I have done two in the last week both with a screen shot of trading account and completed form.

 

Both were applied within 6 hours, the first I was emailed an amenity form to confirm, the second (done following day) I received nothing but it was showing in my account.

 

.

Thank you, that's what I have done, hopefully it will work..I've just applied for one of the cruises to start with, if that works I'll apply for some of the others.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, SpainAlien said:

Thank you, that's what I have done, hopefully it will work..I've just applied for one of the cruises to start with, if that works I'll apply for some of the others.

Was yours a success?  Just noticed mine today on the summary page under vacation add-ons/purchased items, as on-board credit certificate.  Didn't get any email on it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have applied for my shareholder benefits on 4 cruises post-COVID and in all four cases, the credits were applied within 48 hours of emailing the application. It takes about 3 minute to fill out the form and attach it to an email with your latest account statement. I don't know what the other people are complaining about. Maybe it was slower pre-COVID?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, robcolem said:

Was yours a success?  Just noticed mine today on the summary page under vacation add-ons/purchased items, as on-board credit certificate.  Didn't get any email on it.  

Yes, it worked like a charm. I received an initial confirmation of receipt and a reference number but no further correspondence after that the obc just turned up on the summary page. It took about 4 working days

Edited by SpainAlien
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2021 at 1:44 PM, robcolem said:

Anyone try using the shareholder benefit with 401k accounts? If not I guess I'll find out. Just submitted an email with shares from a 401k self directed stock account.  Fingers crossed.

 

Yes, it is fine to purchase 100 shares (or more) of NCLH from any brokerage account, including 401k ... Has been doing it that way for years, always processed and given by the corporate office.  

 

Just noticed your latest update, NCLH benefits given/posted to your booking.

Edited by mking8288
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How long do you have to have the 100 shares to qualify?  I mean, if I applied and then sold them next month, are they going to take it away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

How long do you have to have the 100 shares to qualify?  I mean, if I applied and then sold them next month, are they going to take it away?

No time requirement.   The terms say you should own the shares at time of sailing.   I bought share 2 1/2 weeks before, applied for the on board credit, received credit, then sold after sailing.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

How long do you have to have the 100 shares to qualify?  I mean, if I applied and then sold them next month, are they going to take it away?

 

Long enough to take a screen capture if you like 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey folks, do the screenshots you send contain other sensitive information, or do you “redact” that info like account balance and things like that?  Will be applying for this for the first time soon. Thanks!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, psac said:

Hey folks, do the screenshots you send contain other sensitive information, or do you “redact” that info like account balance and things like that?  Will be applying for this for the first time soon. Thanks!!

 

You are supposed to black out your account number. The instructions are on the form.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

 

You are supposed to black out your account number. The instructions are on the form.

Thank you!  I should look at that. 🙂 we just switched from RCCL to NCL, and we have shares of both, so I was ready for their form, now have to do NCL instead!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...