Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

On 5/30/2021 at 4:32 PM, chemmo said:

S class RSs are wonderful! The only snag is there is no going back!

Special Delivery is available from Southampton and really does speed up getting on board. I don’t know if things will be different in the present circumstances but from dropping our luggage off to sipping champagne in Michael’s/Retreat was 15 minutes. 

You should be contacted about two two weeks before your cruise about your bar and room set up....

Enjoy, we should be in the Silhouette  PH in September but doubtful our 11 night cruise will happen.

Are you on the Canaries cruise, @chemmo? We are booked in the other PH plus we’re on the previous cruise. We are also wondering if these will go ahead. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

8 hours ago, Ehg said:

Are you on the Canaries cruise, @chemmo? We are booked in the other PH plus we’re on the previous cruise. We are also wondering if these will go ahead. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Yes, if it happens...I have an awful feeling that at final payment it will be happening and then a week or two after it will disappear and be replaced by the staycation cruises.

One bit of us would just like to board but at that time of year I am concerned about the weather...Also it is a lot of money to spend if the experience is lacking. For example, the suite deck is in a breezy spot if you are in the Caribbean, passing the Isle of Man I would think would be windy even on a calm day....

To us one of the pleasures of booking a PH is enjoying the balcony, particularly first thing in the morning and late at night. We did book the PH a few years ago for a Norwegian Cruise. Much as we loved the cruise (and the PH) we didn’t use the balcony as much as usual (and we had fabulous weather)...Lots to think about...

We are hoping some honest reviews come out in the next few weeks before we need to decide what to do...

23 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Yes, if it happens...I have an awful feeling that at final payment it will be happening and then a week or two after it will disappear and be replaced by the staycation cruises.

One bit of us would just like to board but at that time of year I am concerned about the weather...Also it is a lot of money to spend if the experience is lacking. For example, the suite deck is in a breezy spot if you are in the Caribbean, passing the Isle of Man I would think would be windy even on a calm day....

To us one of the pleasures of booking a PH is enjoying the balcony, particularly first thing in the morning and late at night. We did book the PH a few years ago for a Norwegian Cruise. Much as we loved the cruise (and the PH) we didn’t use the balcony as much as usual (and we had fabulous weather)...Lots to think about...

We are hoping some honest reviews come out in the next few weeks before we need to decide what to do...

Think we're on the same Sep 27 cruise - looking on Celebrity site the first cruise i can see that's not UK only is the Iceland cruise on Sept 4th (i thought the international ones were starting August ?? so not sure if some have already been switched ?) 

So with Sept 4th being first one available when will final payment be on that one ? and if that stays on the itinerary then i guess there is a good chance that the rest will stay as international cruises ? We were booked through a TA so final payment is due in 2 days but fortunately TA has extended our final payment date for a couple more weeks as i raised concerns about will they go ahead.

Massive dilemma as desperate to get back on a cruise ship but will it be even close to what we're used to ? 

55 minutes ago, barneymag said:

Think we're on the same Sep 27 cruise - looking on Celebrity site the first cruise i can see that's not UK only is the Iceland cruise on Sept 4th (i thought the international ones were starting August ?? so not sure if some have already been switched ?) 

So with Sept 4th being first one available when will final payment be on that one ? and if that stays on the itinerary then i guess there is a good chance that the rest will stay as international cruises ? We were booked through a TA so final payment is due in 2 days but fortunately TA has extended our final payment date for a couple more weeks as i raised concerns about will they go ahead.

Massive dilemma as desperate to get back on a cruise ship but will it be even close to what we're used to ? 

We are in the same boat (so to speak) ...due to make final payment in a week for Sept 23rd cruise around Med with NCL, leaving from Rome. I really don't want any more future cruise credits as we are fully booked next year. 

I think the cruise may go ahead as there will be a lot of Americans that can sail, but what about us Brits??

@barneymagFinal payment for US booking is 29 June. Our TA advised  it wasn't possible to extend this date  and that, based on what she is hearing, she thinks it will go ahead. Her X contacts 'feel good'  about this as Silhouette will already be in Southampton.  You may argue of course X would say this but at this point I think they are planning to sail. 

We have made final payment on confirmation that we can cancel up to 48 hours beforehand which we will do if travelling to UK remains problematic. When is final payment for you Chemmo?

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

5 hours ago, barneymag said:

We have been thinking exactly the same as both of you. I’m also worried that we won’t be able to go ashore independently or even at all and as you say Chemmo, a lot of money to pay to pootle around on the sea. 
I think our final payment date is 19th July. We will try to extend it I think but may cancel if things are still up

in the air, which I’ll be gutted about. I’m desperate to get back on board, but dreading the experience being ruined by restrictions. 🤷‍♀️

7 hours ago, Ehg said:

think our final payment date is 19th July.

You may be lucky, as that is the date when all restrictions in UK should be lifted.

If that is the case, then there is no reason to say you cannot get off the ship on your own.

However, the ports of call may be different!

51 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

You may be lucky, as that is the date when all restrictions in UK should be lifted.

If that is the case, then there is no reason to say you cannot get off the ship on your own.

However, the ports of call may be different!

Yes, exactly. We’re not normally excursion types, preferring to explore independently. Does anyone know which cruise lines are already sailing in Europe so I can look for reviews on the forums? 

25 minutes ago, Ehg said:

Yes, exactly. We’re not normally excursion types, preferring to explore independently. Does anyone know which cruise lines are already sailing in Europe so I can look for reviews on the forums? 

Celebrity is sailing from Greece!

9 hours ago, Ehg said:

We have been thinking exactly the same as both of you. I’m also worried that we won’t be able to go ashore independently or even at all and as you say Chemmo, a lot of money to pay to pootle around on the sea. 
I think our final payment date is 19th July. We will try to extend it I think but may cancel if things are still up

in the air, which I’ll be gutted about. I’m desperate to get back on board, but dreading the experience being ruined by restrictions. 🤷‍♀️

As I have some mobility issues at present I honestly wasn’t bothered about ports of call (been seen and done the original ports many times). What I did want was a no flight cruise to somewhere warmer before winter sets in. I wanted to sit out on my balcony, swim in the Solarium, lunch at The Porch, enjoy a cocktail on the suite deck....I am not sure how pleasant/possible these activities will be going clockwise or anti-clockwise around the UK.

However, the thought of simply smelling the sea, dining in Murano’s, pre dinner drinks in the lounge and relaxing in the suite with its decadence of light and space have appeal and are not weather dependent...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thameside said:

Thanks for the pictures and video of the Silhouette arriving in Southampton. Good chance we might to to sail on her this Saturday. 😃

Hope you have a great time.  We should be on on 17th!

Do let us know how you get on with PCR testing and boarding etc, and what the experience on board is like!

I was late to the sail in, but did capture this from YouTube. I don’t recognise the white building in the foreground, but from the beginning of the  video posted by LifeonMars, it appears there is a change of plan and she is at the Container terminal, not the City Terminal 101. I imagine there will be other ships booked in there before Saturday. 

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

It appears that she moves to the City terminal on 02/07/21.

543895A5-09CE-4663-B177-2C515C5CCD54.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

it appears there is a change of plan and she is at the Container terminal, not the City Terminal 101. I imagine there will be other ships booked in there before Saturday.

Marinetraffic.com indicates that she is in her usual place at 101 but facing the opposite direction to normal.

20 hours ago, barneymag said:

We're on the 4th Sept cruise with a final payment date of 10th July and have had 3 very polite reminders from Celebrity over the last couple of weeks. We will pay as we have another lift and shift next April/May we can roll the payment to if the worse happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I was late to the sail in, but did capture this from YouTube. I don’t recognise the white building in the foreground, but from the beginning of the  video posted by LifeonMars, it appears there is a change of plan and she is at the Container terminal, not the City Terminal 101. I imagine there will be other ships booked in there before Saturday. 

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

It appears that she moves to the City terminal on 02/07/21.

543895A5-09CE-4663-B177-2C515C5CCD54.jpeg

The White Building is a listed building and is part of The Royal Pier and is home to the  award winning Kutis Indian Brasserie, next to the Red Funnel Ferry at Royal Pier. It re opens on 21st July 2021 

https://www.kutis.co.uk/

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

American here. I love the Silhouette, and am so happy for those of you who will be sailing on her soon. I hope your cruises go off safely and smoothly, and that you all have wonderful trips. 

That’s so lovely, thank you!😊

• Like 1