Jump to content

Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations


Recommended Posts

We had our Eurofins PCR tests at Bristol Aztec Hotel this morning. It was superb. Well sign posted to the meeting room, a beer pleasant room, two staff who couldn't have been more helpful.

 

 We arrived 40 minutes early and that was no problem.

 

 They even gave a voucher to cover the £10 hotel parking charge.

 

I was very impressed.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Thanks, good to hear it went well. Hope the result comes through quickly for you.

 

The admin lady said they send them by DHL Express to the lab a couple of times a day, but its up to the customer (Celebrity) if they are notified, the passenger notified or both notified. She didn't know the specifics for Celebrity. They are doing test for multiple customers.

 

Either way results tomorrow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nick&Simon said:

We had our Eurofins PCR tests at Bristol Aztec Hotel this morning. It was superb. Well sign posted to the meeting room, a beer pleasant room, two staff who couldn't have been more helpful.

 

 We arrived 40 minutes early and that was no problem.

 

 They even gave a voucher to cover the £10 hotel parking charge.

 

I was very impressed.

Good luck on the maiden cruise this summer. Once it ends you might not feel like it, but it would be great to read your experiences and thoughts on this general board.

 

Have a brilliant time!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wichenford Wolf said:

Good luck on the maiden cruise this summer. Once it ends you might not feel like it, but it would be great to read your experiences and thoughts on this general board.

 

Have a brilliant time!

 

Thank you, we have "maidens" on this, Cunard and Princess. It will be interesting to compare.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nick&Simon said:

We had our Eurofins PCR tests at Bristol Aztec Hotel this morning. It was superb. Well sign posted to the meeting room, a beer pleasant room, two staff who couldn't have been more helpful.

 

 We arrived 40 minutes early and that was no problem.

 

 They even gave a voucher to cover the £10 hotel parking charge.

 

I was very impressed.

Very pleased to hear that.  We are at the Radisson Hotel at East Midlands airport next week.  Hope it works as well as yours did.  Good luck with your result.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All can assure you that the 3 staff at East Midlands today were absolutely superb.  Felt in very good hands.  Car parking fee is sorted for you too.  It was a nose swab only.  Hoping for results tomorrow keeping everything crossed.  

L

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lyn Mc said:

Hi All can assure you that the 3 staff at East Midlands today were absolutely superb.  Felt in very good hands.  Car parking fee is sorted for you too.  It was a nose swab only.  Hoping for results tomorrow keeping everything crossed.  

L

Excellent.  Thanks for the update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

Strange!

The Tracelet requirement is still there as far as I can see. This was at 10:33pm:

 

"Guests aged 2 years and over must wear a Tracelet at all times. Guests will be issued with their Tracelet during the check-in process at the terminal."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beardedladies said:

Looks like the tracelet requirement is gone again in today's revision to the health guildelines from southampton!

It was there earlier today, but has now gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommend having a written proof of COVID vaccination for the cruise. The App not working today when I was checking my dates when completing medical forms at a hospital. Can print from the App or request via  website/119. Maybe busy now Malta demanding written proof. 

 

Looking forward to watching the Silhouette sail down Southampton Water. We live in Hamble opposite the refinery.  Can see the funnels from our top floor but will go down to the foreshore for a good view. Might upload a photo too. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SalisburyNick said:

I'm booked on the 17th July Cruise, but haven't had anything from Celebrity about booking a PCR test. Do they send an email with info on how to book?

You should have received an e-mail, but it’s a bit hit and miss. I got one, but my wife didn’t and only one of out of a couple of friends got one! Best to contact Celebrity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Recommend having a written proof of COVID vaccination for the cruise. The App not working today when I was checking my dates when completing medical forms at a hospital. Can print from the App or request via  website/119. Maybe busy now Malta demanding written proof. 

 

Looking forward to watching the Silhouette sail down Southampton Water. We live in Hamble opposite the refinery.  Can see the funnels from our top floor but will go down to the foreshore for a good view. Might upload a photo too. 


Malta are now happy with the NHS app from today. 

But yes requesting a paper copy which will take 5 days is probably wise. What if your phone is lost? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, isdoo said:


Malta are now happy with the NHS app from today. 

But yes requesting a paper copy which will take 5 days is probably wise. What if your phone is lost? 

Are we sure they will accept a print out from the app?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, isdoo said:


Malta are now happy with the NHS app from today. 

But yes requesting a paper copy which will take 5 days is probably wise. What if your phone is lost? 

You can download and print it from the app which has a QR code on it. Hopefully they will accept that if phone or app playing up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ended up going with Assured Screening at Newark for our PCR tests as they offered evening appointments.

We arrived an hour before our scheduled appointments as we left loads of time for traffic yesterday but they let us in early, nice staff, took self test in a booth, was given a barcode so I could track when it arrived at the lab. Got the results by e mail just now. used the 24hr service. very relieved to have negative results, now we can finally pack and look forward to the cruise this Saturday.

Phew!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vino123 said:

Ended up going with Assured Screening at Newark for our PCR tests as they offered evening appointments.

We arrived an hour before our scheduled appointments as we left loads of time for traffic yesterday but they let us in early, nice staff, took self test in a booth, was given a barcode so I could track when it arrived at the lab. Got the results by e mail just now. used the 24hr service. very relieved to have negative results, now we can finally pack and look forward to the cruise this Saturday.

Phew!

Have a great time. Let us know how you get on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, delondin said:

You can download and print it from the app which has a QR code on it. Hopefully they will accept that if phone or app playing up. 

Tested this today, as you say it prints off jab details plus QR code. We’ll have to do it for real nearer the time because the QR code is only valid for 30 days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Nick&Simon said:

Eurofins test yesterday at midday, and no results yet. They are going to test my nerves I think.

 

Eurofins test yesterday at midday for me too. App says - still waiting. Yes, nerves are suffering, not even going to pack till I know. I hope I get the result before I take my cat to the cattery tomorrow. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...