Jump to content

Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, the penguins said:

It has had this statement for weeks. We have quoted this to Jeremy as stated in my post above and Celebrity still state that we can't disembark. Indeed if they were sticking to your posting passengers would already have been let off individually and they haven't. It also says in line 1  " we anticipate"  which is not a guarantee but an aspiration.

All very frustrating especially for those of us who have private guides booked. On the current sailing none is allowed off individually so let's see what happens with the next sailing.

 

Disagree. This changed a week or so ago. 

 

Maybe it had it before? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wichenford Wolf said:

The latest rules say that cruise ships can now take 50% of their capacity, which in the case of Silhouette would mean 1,443 passengers (compared to 1,000 until 19/7).

 

Our 14/8 cruise is still being advertised widely and I guess Celebrity will want to fill to the legal capacity.

Our sailing for 14/08 is no longer available for booking, hasn’t been for at least a day or so. Maybe this one is already at capacity?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, isdoo said:

 

Disagree. This changed a week or so ago. 

 

Maybe it had it before? 

I am sure it did but the fact is as of today Celebrity is operating on the "you must be on a ship's tour" basis. We are all hoping it will change and hopefully soon. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been answered already, but who are the comedians & Solo acts currently on board and what are the main theatre shows called please?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Sorry if this has been answered already, but who are the comedians & Solo acts currently on board and what are the main theatre shows called please?

 

The production shows were Cosmoplitan (not to our taste) and Life (we didn’t bother going to see this one). Solo acts will change with each sailing I presume or do you mean the ‘regular on board ones’? These were Lighthouse, Starlighters and Trust me Jack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Sorry if this has been answered already, but who are the comedians & Solo acts currently on board and what are the main theatre shows called please?

 

 

It is on the celebrity website, but I am currently on my phone. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Sorry if this has been answered already, but who are the comedians & Solo acts currently on board and what are the main theatre shows called please?

 

I thoroughly enjoyed Cosmopolitan and Life, the house bands and all the acts (Barricade Boys, Oli Nez, Richard Jones), with the exception of the comedian (Jo something). She was very old fashioned - like something from the 1970's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, scottie920 said:

No social distancing in the Retreat then. 

We were on the 17th sailing and even though the Retreat was full booked it never seemed very busy.

 

Retreat sun deck was very quiet - at times there seemed to be more crew than pax. Even though every other set of sun beds were 'out of action' there was plenty of places to sit and lie out.

 

Luminae at times was busy, esp at popular times. We did have to  wait for dinner some evenings but would just go to nearby bar and someone would come and get us  when our table was available. This was usually around 8.30pm.

 

Retreat lounge was eerily quiet - never saw more than 6 people in there with us at any time, and this was usually ore dinner. Admittedly we didn't get to try afternoon tea so that may have been busier.

 

If anyone is considering Retreat then just do it. Fantastic experience and felt very spoilt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 38anchor said:

If anyone is considering Retreat then just do it. Fantastic experience and felt very spoilt.

@38anchor I am surprising my wife with Retreat in a Sunset Sky Suite. First time for both.  Our May 20 cancelled Silhouette sail was Retreat too. Hope it does not spoil her because future cruises seem extremely expensive in a Suite. We usually do Aqua but for the next three the differential was great so we will be in a verandah.

 

She will no longer fly economy. I think I made a mistake!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

@38anchor I am surprising my wife with Retreat in a Sunset Sky Suite. First time for both.  Our May 20 cancelled Silhouette sail was Retreat too. Hope it does not spoil her because future cruises seem extremely expensive in a Suite. We usually do Aqua but for the next three the differential was great so we will be in a verandah.

 

She will no longer fly economy. I think I made a mistake!

We did a Sky suite for our 07/07 sailing and usually do Aqua. We did enjoy the experience but must say we would be just as happy in Aqua or a veranda again in future. The perks were probably of most use to us!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 3:50 PM, talljules1 said:

day!

 

The RS was just amazing. We've never sailed in anything higher than a Sky Suite before. Our personal retreat host (aka butler), Joey came to introduce himself and talked us through the suite. Told us we could have unlimited free

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 38anchor said:

Retreat lounge was eerily quiet - never saw more than 6 people in there with us at any time, and this was usually ore dinner. Admittedly we didn't get to try afternoon tea so that may have been busier.

 

Would be nice to have it like that for us. 

 

If we are not on our balcony then we will be in the lounge. Usually in there for 2 or 3 hours before dinner. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

She will no longer fly economy. I think I made a mistake!

 

Once you fly first, you can feel a bit poor only being in business 😂 😂 

 

Mind you as we often start our flights from Norway, Germany, Ireland, Sweden etc. We are saving big money when we do fly towards the front. 

 

Shame we can't use the same tactic for cruises! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, SalisburyNick said:

I thoroughly enjoyed Cosmopolitan and Life, the house bands and all the acts (Barricade Boys, Oli Nez, Richard Jones), with the exception of the comedian (Jo something). She was very old fashioned - like something from the 1970's.

Me too. Thought exactly the same as you although I was not overly impressed with Richard Jones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please can someone who has been on a staycation cruise confirm the Premium Drinks price limit?

I know the website says $15 but is that now $18 with UK VAT added on?

Have the drinks menus been amended to include VAT?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Please can someone who has been on a staycation cruise confirm the Premium Drinks price limit?

I know the website says $15 but is that now $18 with UK VAT added on?

Have the drinks menus been amended to include VAT?

Thanks

 

Yes it is 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Email update tonight from Celeb..

 

ALL ages will now need a PCR test (though they do not need to pre register and will be done at the port) is the gist of it..

 

Guests of all ages will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within three days of embarkation.  A negative test result may be displayed as either an RT-PCR or PCR test.  Instructions for PCR testing will be provided via email in advance of your sailing.  Guests can book a complimentary PCR test via the Eurofins service also offered by Celebrity Cruises.

 

Unvaccinated children, aged 17 and under, will also be required to take an antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation and on the day before disembarkation.  Overall, for unvaccinated children, this will be a three-step testing process.  Children aged 6 months – 17 years do not need to pre-register for their antigen test. Registration and the antigen testing will be completed at the terminal. This will be a complimentary rapid test and results will be available within 30 minutes.  Guests aged below 6 months are not permitted to travel.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, just received same email.  

Makes more sense that everyone does a PCR test.   I wondered why thise vaccinated had to have one and those under 18 only had to have an antigen.   

This is the right way to do it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, isdoo said:

There is a positive covid case on the ship with a minor person infected. 

 

This is a direct response to that. 

 

Upsetting...Hope the youngster and family are coping well.

 

With an upcoming cruise we were saying the other day how great it was that there were no cases reported so far...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, isdoo said:

There is a positive covid case on the ship with a minor person infected. 

 

This is a direct response to that. 

I heard that was on Apex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ighten said:

Email update tonight from Celeb..

 

ALL ages will now need a PCR test (though they do not need to pre register and will be done at the port) is the gist of it..

 

Guests of all ages will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within three days of embarkation.  A negative test result may be displayed as either an RT-PCR or PCR test.  Instructions for PCR testing will be provided via email in advance of your sailing.  Guests can book a complimentary PCR test via the Eurofins service also offered by Celebrity Cruises.

 

Unvaccinated children, aged 17 and under, will also be required to take an antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation and on the day before disembarkation.  Overall, for unvaccinated children, this will be a three-step testing process.  Children aged 6 months – 17 years do not need to pre-register for their antigen test. Registration and the antigen testing will be completed at the terminal. This will be a complimentary rapid test and results will be available within 30 minutes.  Guests aged below 6 months are not permitted to travel.

My reading of this is that the Pcr test needs to be done before you get to the port, then they will have a antigen test at the terminal as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...