Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

13 hours ago, chemmo said:

Do you think this means the as yet uncancelled September and October Canary Island cruises will run?

Be careful the FO's actual advice now says you still have to abide by the restrictions as per the Amber/Red list even if you don't get off the ship. Have no idea what this means in practice 

18 hours ago, pwoodall12 said:

Could anyone advise where I could find (link or website) the Eurofin PCR testing location list , specifically the midlands.  I'm booked on the 28th August sailing so obviously have not received notification yet from Celebrity but interested to know . Thanks in advance.

For our 14th sailing we were offered both “West Midlands” and “Midlands”.

Two extra locations to those already listed that I recall were Hereford and Barnt Green (which we chose). Solihull, Hereford and Barnt Green are all just about equidistant (c. 40 minutes drive) from us.

5 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Be careful the FO's actual advice now says you still have to abide by the restrictions as per the Amber/Red list even if you don't get off the ship. Have no idea what this means in practice 

Agree...needs further clarification.

Morning all, here's a quick question for those who have already sailed or are currently on board and in The Retreat dining in Luminae.

In Luminae can you still request to order from the MDR menu? I'm travelling with someone who can be a picky eater at times and just want to check things out ahead if possible. I know that, pre-apocalypse, one could order from the MDR since they're on the same deck and the galleys are adjacent. But I want to know if that still applies now.

Many thanks.

1 minute ago, Bretty said:

Morning all, here's a quick question for those who have already sailed or are currently on board and in The Retreat dining in Luminae.

In Luminae can you still request to order from the MDR menu? I'm travelling with someone who can be a picky eater at times and just want to check things out ahead if possible. I know that, pre-apocalypse, one could order from the MDR since they're on the same deck and the galleys are adjacent. But I want to know if that still applies now.

Many thanks.

Yes you can. 

• Like 1

TEMPERATURE ON BOARD?

Can anyone tell me if it feels cold on board in the public areas, particularly on the current cruise where the outside weather has not been great.

Thinking about what to pack for our cruise on 6 August.

Thanks.

Well I'll be packing a qtr zip pullover and leather jacket so I can stand comfortable on my balcony next week!

First cruise in my life that I had to think about warm clothing. Around the ship's public areas, I'll wear short sleeved golf tops.

1 hour ago, Faival said:

TEMPERATURE ON BOARD?

Can anyone tell me if it feels cold on board in the public areas, particularly on the current cruise where the outside weather has not been great.

Thinking about what to pack for our cruise on 6 August.

Thanks.

Layers, always layers especially as the air onboard will not be recirculated - I think the figures were air in public spaces changed 12 times an hour and 8 times in cabins.

Finally there is no such thing as bad weather only the wrong clothing. 🙃

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Well I'll be packing a qtr zip pullover and leather jacket so I can stand comfortable on my balcony next week!

First cruise in my life that I had to think about warm clothing. Around the ship's public areas, I'll wear short sleeved golf tops.

The latest weather forecast suggests another heatwave mid-August. I’m pleased to say that we’re on the ship from 14th.

Sounds ideal 😎🍹🍾

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Thought we hadn't seen you in the Antarctic or the Northern Atkantic route.🤣

14 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Just read on another post cruise lines saying that from the UK they will only go to countries on the Green list and it will take time to restart  - Iceland anyone

And the green list can change at short notice. 

I am not sure if we will see international cruises this year. 

On 7/22/2021 at 2:00 PM, madmedic said:

Has anyone had problems claiming for the PCR tests post cruise? We sailed on the 9th July and used Boots test now finding it impossible to send both forms as requested by Celebrity. Only one gets through the other is returned! Impossible to get through on the phone to UK and given conflicting information by US office (who'd have thought it)! 

Interested to hear any responses on this as we will also have to put a claim in 

3 hours ago, hairymcclary said:

Interested to hear any responses on this as we will also have to put a claim in 

I was on the July 3rd cruise.  I sent our claim for private pcr tests to the UK customer relations address. I sent a screenshot of the receipt and scanned the completed claim forms which accompanied the PCR test info e ,mail we received pre cruise. About 7 working  days after return I got an e mail confirming the refund would be applied to the card they have on file which we paid our cruise balance with.

It said allow 30 days but it showed up after a week. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wichenford Wolf said:

The latest weather forecast suggests another heatwave mid-August. I’m pleased to say that we’re on the ship from 14th.

Sounds ideal 😎🍹🍾

Love it!!! Bring it on.

• Like 1

Just a couple of questions re life on board, I am wondering if some things we often enjoy as E+ or suite guests are happening as usual.

Have there been any helipad sailaways?

Can E use Persian Gardens on port days?

Is there a Captains Cocktail hour get together?

Elite Breakfast?

Galley tours?

Bridge tours?

Any other events?

Less bothered for ourselves than a member of our party cruising with us for the first time. Not the end of the world but would be nice if some are available, especially as we may not even get off the ship...

I did see a sailaway in the photo of someone from the first cruise. He obviously wasn't invited, so maybe it was staff of Celebrity who knows. 

Elite breakfast is happening apparently. 

Not heard of any tours, but then they may be restricted to the top suites and they might not mention it here. Also if people don't ask for tours I am not sure they will be offered. 

19 minutes ago, isdoo said:

I did see a sailaway in the photo of someone from the first cruise. He obviously wasn't invited, so maybe it was staff of Celebrity who knows. 

Elite breakfast is happening apparently. 

Not heard of any tours, but then they may be restricted to the top suites and they might not mention it here. Also if people don't ask for tours I am not sure they will be offered. 

Thanks, we really enjoy the Elite breakfast on days we don’t particularly want anything heavy. Tuscan is such a pleasant venue to start the day in!

I would guess that galley tours will not happen for obvious hygiene reasons.

With the helipad being outside maybe a possibility...

Thanks again for your reply!

Finally made the decision to book (4th Sept), thank you to everyone that has contributed to this topic and others to help make the decision!

One question that I cant find the answer to, is when registering for PCR test the portal asks for a 20-22 digit code - cant find anything like this on any of my booking material? Any ideas from people that have already been through the process?

Also have all sailing had a lack of excursions - currently for our itinerary there are only trips for Belfast, nothing for Portland or Dover. Also shows a lot of info for ports we are not visiting which I assume is a hangover from cancelled cruises that haven't been sorted.

Haven't sailed on Silhouette since 2015 so looking forward to seeing the changes and first time in a suite on Celebrity🙂

We are on the 18th September trip.  There are no excursions showing on our cruise planner. We rarely do Celebrity excursions but have a lot of OBC so do plan to do them this time. However hope to do our own too (cross fingers). 

Have no info. About the PCR testing. I presumed that was sent nearer to the sailing. 

We are trying a suite for first time too. Loved the Silhouette in 2018 and has been revolutionised since😀 

14 minutes ago, woodards said:

Finally made the decision to book (4th Sept), thank you to everyone that has contributed to this topic and others to help make the decision!

One question that I cant find the answer to, is when registering for PCR test the portal asks for a 20-22 digit code - cant find anything like this on any of my booking material? Any ideas from people that have already been through the process?

Also have all sailing had a lack of excursions - currently for our itinerary there are only trips for Belfast, nothing for Portland or Dover. Also shows a lot of info for ports we are not visiting which I assume is a hangover from cancelled cruises that haven't been sorted.

Haven't sailed on Silhouette since 2015 so looking forward to seeing the changes and first time in a suite on Celebrity🙂

The code it is asking for is provided with an email to a link to book around three weeks before your sailing date. 😊

@chemmo isdoo has answered most your questions. The Persian Gardens is available on port days for Elite and above but we were limited to an hour in theory, though none checked and we ended up spending 90 minutes there. There was one other person there are the start of our slot, and a two people came in at the end so keeping numbers down I presume.

We love the breakfast but didn’t get chance to visit this sailing as the days we had excursions we had breakfast in our cabin.

21 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

We are on the 18th September trip.  There are no excursions showing on our cruise planner. We rarely do Celebrity excursions but have a lot of OBC so do plan to do them this time. However hope to do our own too (cross fingers). 

Have no info. About the PCR testing. I presumed that was sent nearer to the sailing. 

We are trying a suite for first time too. Loved the Silhouette in 2018 and has been revolutionised since😀 

I have a feeling they will keep the excursion bubble approach in place I can't see X wanting to risk outbreaks on board. We will see!

Like you say lots of credit to spend anyway but can't see there been trips of interest in Dover or Portland but will see, may be surprised.