Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jeno said:

Back to my original question- is there a way to see that the OBC has been attached to the cruise on the Oceania website? 

Contact your TA. This is what they sent me yesterday:

 

"Thank you for contacting the NCLH ShareHolders desk.

 

I have added the benefit as a Gift in the booking and have sent your travel agent an updated invoice."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On Friday I sent my shareholder benefit form and documentation to Oceania via email. I can see the credit today in my shipboard account. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

On Friday I sent my shareholder benefit form and documentation to Oceania via email. I can see the credit today in my shipboard account. 

I sent mine by snail mail about 3 weeks ago.  I don’t see a place for it on “manage my reservation” in Oceania, but maybe that’s because I’m looking on my phone instead of my computer. Do you mind telling me where to locate it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jeno said:

I sent mine by snail mail about 3 weeks ago.  I don’t see a place for it on “manage my reservation” in Oceania, but maybe that’s because I’m looking on my phone instead of my computer. Do you mind telling me where to locate it? 

I’m using my iPad mini. When I log into my shipboard account, I can see a hotlink with the total amount of shipboard credit. If I click on the amount listed, it will take me to a detailed itemization of the credits. I hope this helps.

 

 

Edited by Host Kat
Picture removed. Contained personal information.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

I’m using my iPad mini. When I log into my shipboard account, I can see a hotlink with the total amount of shipboard credit. If I click on the amount listed, it will take me to a detailed itemization of the credits. I hope this helps.

 

This is a huge help.  Nothing on this cruise, $1400 on the next one that we temporarily have OBC for OLife and that’s all that is showing and nothing for the third cruise. No Shareholder credit for any of the 3.
One last question, are you booked directly through Oceania or with a TA? 
Thanks so much for the help. 

 

Edited by Host Kat
Picture removed from quote. Contained personal information.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it is much to early to even apply for shareholder SBC, it won’t show up at all. Quite possibly you won’t see it until you are on board. Depending on how you are booked, you could qualify for multiple Owner credits.

We booked our 46 day cruise with a booking number for the 20 day cruise and a separate booking number for the 26 day segment. We have the same room but will have to disembark in Monte Carlo and go through the embarkation process again, whatever it is. Since it is two distinct bookings, we will get $250 on each Grand Voyage segment. 
The way I look at it, we will have half our stock acquisition price back in SBC on this trip and the invested $$ will have tripled as of today.  Just like Monopoly money, love Free SBC.  
Gerry

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeno,

Whether there an TA or Oceania, they can assist you in selecting the best amenity package that provide you the best overall Value. We and our friends always rely on a good TA, especially since it costs nothing and there can be so much to gain.

Yell if you need help deciphering the options.

Gerry

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeno said:

 

This is a huge help.  Nothing on this cruise, $1400 on the next one that we temporarily have OBC for OLife and that’s all that is showing and nothing for the third cruise. No Shareholder credit for any of the 3.
One last question, are you booked directly through Oceania or with a TA? 
Thanks so much for the help. 

 

I Booked w a TA. Try emailing form plus docs via email. They might have an automated system that expedites the process. I sent a pdf file attachment. The email is at the bottom of the request form.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Jeno,

Whether there an TA or Oceania, they can assist you in selecting the best amenity package that provide you the best overall Value. We and our friends always rely on a good TA, especially since it costs nothing and there can be so much to gain.

Yell if you need help deciphering the options.

Gerry

Thanks Gerry.  We feel like we got a good deal and good extra perks from our TA, but I’ll look forward to discussing TAs  with you on the ship. I wondered if PHD-iva had booked directly with Oceania and maybe that’s why her shareholder credit  was showing and ours isn’t. She is on the TA portion of the cruise we are both on from Rome to Miami, so it wasn’t too soon to submit it.
I mailed our three Shareholder requests to Oceania and two to Princess on the same day.  The Princess credit has shown up online for a couple of weeks. 
I did talk to our TA about splitting our reservation, but by the time I thought of it we couldn’t do it for some reason. 
Looking forward to meeting everyone on the cruise! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent in info for my NCL Alaska cruise Aug. 21 yesterday.  Credit showed up today.  This is fully paid for.  

Will be sending in for my Oceania cruise in Jan. tomorrow.  I have not fully paid that one.  Will post here if it shows up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mauibabes said:

We have the same room but will have to disembark in Monte Carlo and go through the embarkation process again, whatever it is.

If you have to disembark you usually can get  back on within  the hour

some Countries in Europe you do not have to get off at all on turnaround day

You will get a letter  a few days before telling you the procedure

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent my request in this morning and credit was on all Oceania cruises within 30 minutes.  Thanks to PhD-iva I even knew where to double check on the website.  
I also sent in for a Norwegian cruise we are going on with our family, and that one took about an hour. 
Thanks all! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...