Carnival Requiring a Health Assement?

JQTravels

Interesting.  Wonder what all it entails?  Just COVID info/vaccine status or other things?  I know just before the total shut down last March they were turning away diabetics (even if only on pills and not insulin) and a host of other pre-existing conditions.   I don't want to book airfare to travel clear across the continent onky to find out some in our party may not be able to board.  

Here it is. We were supposed to leave this Saturday on the Mardi Gras. Although it has long been canceled it still shows as active on my login. There is a link there now to the health assessment which I have copied below. It looks like pretty standard questions and nothing to get concerned about.

image.png.6fd86e5295b76841ebe05a11840a0bc1.png

Edited by 40yearcruiser
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

Here it is. We were supposed to leave this Saturday on the Mardi Gras. Although it has long been canceled it still shows as active on my login. There is a link there now to the health assessment which I have copied below. It looks like pretty standard questions and nothing to get concerned about.

I think they must have planned on testing. Does your canceled cruise say anything about testing or masks or shore excursions, or...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

I find the statement in the box you must check that "penalties may apply to any individual who knowingly and willfully makes a false, fictitious or fraudulent statement of representation" interesting. I wonder what penalties they are referring to and who would enforce them.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

looks similar to the  health questionnaire my job requires us to do every time we need to to go the office.

• Like 1

They should be asking about vaccines.  Then if you haven't had a vaccine in over a year (including a booster) or have never had a vaccine, you answer the other questions.

And latest CDC guidelines don't require any of this for vaccinated passengers.

Don't listen to the social media crap from anti-vaxers and quacks, just get the shot!

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Shih-tzu said:

Interesting.  Wonder what all it entails?  Just COVID info/vaccine status or other things?  I know just before the total shut down last March they were turning away diabetics (even if only on pills and not insulin) and a host of other pre-existing conditions.   I don't want to book airfare to travel clear across the continent onky to find out some in our party may not be able to board.  

Hopefully it is one question.  Do you have proof of your Covid Vaccine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, skridge said:

Hopefully it is one question.  Do you have proof of your Covid Vaccine.

Yeah, it certainly appears that neither CCL nor RCCL plan to go that route, especially here this summer during 'family season'.  It'll be interesting to see how quickly the most onerous protocols go away.  Suspect that the cruise lines are banking on 11/1 at the latest.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

Yeah, it certainly appears that neither CCL nor RCCL plan to go that route, especially here this summer during 'family season'.  It'll be interesting to see how quickly the most onerous protocols go away.  Suspect that the cruise lines are banking on 11/1 at the latest.  

Dis agree.  Read the latest CDC on cruising from 5/26/21.  Cruise lines will go for this.  Need $$$.

• Like 1

Just now, regoodwinjr said:

No relation to anywhere else because the requirement comes from Alaska and the individual ports.

Maybe not as we shall see what destination ports require and other ports in the US might require vaccination proof to even enter the cruise terminal. Going to vary considerably from one cruise to the next let alone cruise line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Maybe not as we shall see what destination ports require and other ports in the US might require vaccination proof to even enter the cruise terminal. Going to vary considerably from one cruise to the next let alone cruise line.

That's the hope so no issues asking for proof of vaccination.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I find the statement in the box you must check that "penalties may apply to any individual who knowingly and willfully makes a false, fictitious or fraudulent statement of representation" interesting. I wonder what penalties they are referring to and who would enforce them.

Yes.  I'm sure many remember the previous health assessment required before cruising.  I'm guessing one of the reasons they did away with that one was because it was probably very rare that anyone checked the box stated they had experienced symptoms.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

Mine is due on June 4th for my July 10th sailing so it should be available tomorrow for the first sailing out of Galveston.

I am on the July 3 Vista sailing out of Galveston.  Available June 26.  image.png.d485d9446066716100184d0422db3b4f.png