The Department of Homeland Security is considering vaccine passports

ontheweb

The Governments of Japan, Australia, and New Zealand are talking this week about vaccine and tracking apps required to enter their countries.

Japan says that if you don’t have a smartphone, they will rent one of you.

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

🤣!  How much sake must I drink in order to comprehend what to do?  🤣

Depends which alphabet it is in... :classic_laugh: 

Our buddy who married a darling Japanese lady has clued us in to the difficulty that is learning Japanese. Eek!

11 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

🤣!  How much sake must I drink in order to comprehend what to do?  🤣

Just find a bilingual 8 year old instead, or in addition to the sake.

So many countries now use an  eVisa which is linked to your passport. When your passport is scanned, it shows whether you have the correct eVisa or not, and if it has expired or not. You carry no additional paperwork. Likely the same will be done for a vaccine passport, if it goes ahead. Easier to apply, harder to lose, harder to forge. 

I contacted my state's (Minnesota) vaccine registry.  They sent me a paper copy of my vaccine history going back a few years on official letterhead. In addition to my covid vaccine, my flu shots, shingles, tetanus, and hepatitis were shown. I thought I could use the history as a back up should the CDC cards become iffy due to forgeries.

Some of my vaccines were through a local pharmacy and some were at my doctor's office. They were all reported.

edited to complete my thought -

If the states can set up a system that sends the travelers vaccination status to a national traveler certification that would be the easiest. It would be best if it was upon request only in order to not swamp the systems.

Edited by MNgardens

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

If you read the article cited in the first post, you will see it would only be for helping US citizens enter foreign countries.  Doesn't trump Florida law.

Here's the way a Florida concert promoter is getting around DeSantis' law. You do not have to show proof of vaccine, however tickets are $18 with proof and $999 without proof. It will be interesting to see how DeSantis reacts.

Florida concert promoter charging non-vaccinated people $999 for tickets to a show, $18 for those with shots (msn.com)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 9:12 PM, whogo said:

This CDC webpage has links to immunization registries kept by US states: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html#state   You may want to check if you are listed. I assume this info could be used for vaccine passports.

I have only a partial match and am unable to access my immunization records, my government ID number was not recorded when I was vaccinated. My name and birth date might be unique enough that I can the registry updated.

I checked the website, but I found no place where I could find our Florida immunization records from that site.  What site did you find that you found even a partial match?  If you are a U.S. resident, what government I.D. is there beside a S.S. number?  Since the Florida site states that there is no national database for  immunization shots, I hope that our county has those records.

@Tampa Girl Did you find this page?

http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/immunization/information-for-healthcare-providers/providing-records-to-patients/index.html

Deliver Accurate, Timely Records

Providing immunization records to your patients is becoming easier than ever. The Immunization Section offers a variety of methods to deliver accurate, timely records to your patients.

The Florida SHOTS™ (State Health Online Tracking System) is a free, statewide, centralized online immunization registry that assists health care providers, schools, and parents with keeping track of immunization records. A Form DH 680, Florida Certification of Immunization, certified with electronic signature, may be printed by enrolled health care providers and is also accessible to any school, licensed childcare facility, or daycare center enrolled in the Florida SHOTS™.

Parents can also access their child's certified Form DH 680 by obtaining a Personal Identification Number (PIN) from their child's health care provider.

You can also provide parents with a personal wallet-sized immunization record similar to Form DH 686 Immunization Record. Health care providers may obtain these forms by contacting their local County Health Department.

Immunization Requirements for Children Entering or Attending Childcare, Family Daycare, Preschool, or School
Florida immunization requirements are found in Immunization Guidelines: Florida Schools, Childcare Facilities, and Family Daycare Homes, which is incorporated by reference in Chapter 64D-3.046, Florida Administrative Code. This guide provides technical assistance for health care professionals, schools, preschools, childcare, and family daycare operators.

This page seems more geared to adults.

http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/immunization/Locating-Vaccination-Records/index.html

Tips for Locating Vaccination Records for Adults 

Immunization records that exist for adults are usually records that were provided to their parents when they received vaccines as children and in the adult’s medical record of the physician or clinic where vaccines were given. There is no national database that maintains the immunization records for adults.

If official copies of immunization records are needed or if there is a desire to update personal records, the following places may provide some assistance to obtaining these records:

Request immunization records from parents or caregivers if they still have them.

Search baby books or other saved documents from childhood

Contact the high school and/or college health services attended for dates of any immunizations received. Please be advised that records are only maintained for a certain length of time.

Contact previous employers (including the military) that may have required immunizations for employment purposes.

Contact your health care provider or county health department. Please be advised that records are maintained by the health care provider’s office for a limited number of years.

Check with the county health department to determine if you have immunizations recorded in the Florida SHOTS™ system.

If Unable to Locate Immunization Records

After taking the actions above and you are still unsuccessful the location of the immunization records, your health care provider may be able to perform blood tests (titer testing) to determine if you have immunity to some vaccine-preventable diseases. You may need to receive some vaccines again, which is safe.

---------------

It may be that your clinic office can give you a vaccination printout on their letterhead. Florida doesn't seem to have as centralized system as Minnesota does. Best of luck sorting this out.

58 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

If you are a U.S. resident, what government I.D. is there beside a S.S. number?

I don't live in Florida. My state has a space for SSN or Medicaid number. I don't know why they don't have a space for a Medicare number. The website also seemed to be geared to parents. I will see if my doctor's office can straighten things out.

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

I checked the website, but I found no place where I could find our Florida immunization records from that site.  What site did you find that you found even a partial match?  If you are a U.S. resident, what government I.D. is there beside a S.S. number?  Since the Florida site states that there is no national database for  immunization shots, I hope that our county has those records.

If you got vaccinated at a Publix Pharmacy, their website states: 

"If you need a replacement CDC immunization record card, noting your COVID-19 vaccination, please speak with a member of any Publix Pharmacy location, as they will be able to assist you.  As far as digital vaccination records, we are researching the possibilities of delivering this type of information through our Publix Pharmacy app."

I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

If you got vaccinated at a Publix Pharmacy, their website states: 

"If you need a replacement CDC immunization record card, noting your COVID-19 vaccination, please speak with a member of any Publix Pharmacy location, as they will be able to assist you.  As far as digital vaccination records, we are researching the possibilities of delivering this type of information through our Publix Pharmacy app."

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your various suggestions.  I think that our county may be our first try since we were immunized through the State of Florida's scheduling, and the results should be in Hillsborough County's records.  We do have our cards, but they provide little verification and look to be easily copied or manipulated.  I did read the website info but, as someone mentioned, that was geared to children and their providers.  It was not particularly helpful for adults.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Thank you for your various suggestions.  I think that our county may be our first try since we were immunized through the State of Florida's scheduling, and the results should be in Hillsborough County's records.  We do have our cards, but they provide little verification and look to be easily copied or manipulated.  I did read the website info but, as someone mentioned, that was geared to children and their providers.  It was not particularly helpful for adults.  

We live in Sumter County, Florida, but got our vaccinations in Lake County.  Got our CDC cards at time of first shot and was completed upon second.  

I wanted more proof so contacted Sumter County Health Department for a printout of all our immunizations.  When they came in the mail, they were accompanied with duplicate CDC cards that were much more legible than the originals.  I scanned the printout (on Florida Shots letterhead) as well as the CDC cards into our phones.

Edit .. The duplicate CDC cards were still handwritten so, as you say, could be manipulated or copied.

Edited by kb4683

8 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

We live in Sumter County, Florida, but got our vaccinations in Lake County.  Got our CDC cards at time of first shot and was completed upon second.  

I wanted more proof so contacted Sumter County Health Department for a printout of all our immunizations.  When they came in the mail, they were accompanied with duplicate CDC cards that were much more legible than the originals.  I scanned the printout (on Florida Shots letterhead) as well as the CDC cards into our phones.

Edit .. The duplicate CDC cards were still handwritten so, as you say, could be manipulated or copied.

Great!  So you received a printout from the Florida Shots with a copy of the cards or just a cover letter?  Either way, it apparently gives an official "acknowledgment" of your vaccination.  Thanks for the info.  I will do the same with Hillsborough County.  

1 minute ago, Tampa Girl said:

Great!  So you received a printout from the Florida Shots with a copy of the cards or just a cover letter?  Either way, it apparently gives an official "acknowledgment" of your vaccination.  Thanks for the info.  I will do the same with Hillsborough County.  

We received a full printout (2 pages each) on Florida Shots letterhead and duplicate cards.

The world is a much smaller place than it was.  People travel frequentlyfor pleasure, for business.  There are times when our air fare from Canada to Bangkok or London was/is less expensive than cross country air fare within our own country. 

We spend more of our leisure travel time outside of our country and we do at home and we do far more international flights each year (pre covid) than we do domestic.  I do not think that we are the exception.

I have little doubt that an international standard for proof of vaccination will happen.  US and Canada and EU are already discussing this.  It may take some time but for certain an international standard will emerge.  I suspect that any challenge will be short term.

Edited by iancal