The Department of Homeland Security is considering vaccine passports

ontheweb

Posted (edited)

I can see this happening . One of the reasons I got vaccinated was for the purpose of being able to travel. 

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 11

We are in favor of whatever it takes to get us traveling again. I'm not clear on what a vaccine passport is exactly. We are both vaccinated. How will that become a vaccine passport? 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, abqmommyof4 said:

we have our cdc cards taped into our passports

seemed like the  best place to put them

We are as well - keeping them with our passports, that is. Seemed logical to us!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

California is one of the states where it’s possible to get an official record of all vaccinations since 2014 when the CA Immunization Report (CAIR) program began which includes the COVID-19 shot’s details. 👍

https://cairforms.cairweb.org/AuthorizationToRelease/AuthorizationToRelease

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

California is one of the states where it’s possible to get an official record of all vaccinations since 2014 when the CA Immunization Report (CAIR) program began which includes the COVID-19 shot’s details. 👍

Arizona has a similar capability, it's called ASIIS (AZ State Immunization Information System). You can submit a request to them to get official copies of all vaccinations you've received. The downside: it is totally dependent upon vaccination providers (doctors, clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, etc.) feeding information to the state health department. As I found when I requested my vaccination records recently, they only info they had was my Covid-19 inoculations (which were administered by the AZDHS), which is what I really wanted anyway but it was disappointing that the other vaccinations I've received in recent years never made it to the AZDHS database. ☹️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, c-boy said:

I can see this happening . One of the reasons I got vaccinated was for the purpose of being able to travel. 

The ONLY reason I got vaccinated was to travel. I don't doubt that the virus exists but I've only known 1 person (S) who's met 1 person (xRoommate) who has tested positive (asymptomatic)

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

The ONLY reason I got vaccinated was to travel. I don't doubt that the virus exists but I've only known 1 person (S) who's met 1 person (xRoommate) who has tested positive (asymptomatic)

We went for about a year not knowing anybody who'd contracted COVID-19, and then our nice next door neighbors both came down with it. Scared us all to death! They got pretty sick, but they recovered. I got the vaccine so I could go back to having a normal life. Being able to travel is a wonderful bonus. 😀

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

This would not apply to domestic travel, but they feel it would facilitate Americans travelling abroad to meet any vaccine requirements of other countries.

DHS secretary: 'We're taking a very close look at' vaccine passports (msn.com)

I do remember a time when you had to have proof of vaccination before  you could travel to Europe.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

We went for about a year not knowing anybody who'd contracted COVID-19, and then our nice next door neighbors both came down with it. Scared us all to death! They got pretty sick, but they recovered. I got the vaccine so I could go back to having a normal life. Being able to travel is a wonderful bonus. 😀

I am a physician, and believe me the virus does exist. 

I have had patients become ill without any known contact source.  For several days they would have a fever, some body ache, and some cough.  They would begin to feel better, then suddenly find themselves in respiratory distress and being hospitalized.  

There was often no reason why one individual would have only a mild infection, and another individual would be on a respirator. 

• Like 13

56 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Not quite true.   San Diego County does not participate in CAIR along with a couple of other counties.   I have been trying for over a month to obtain our records.   

51 minutes ago, joepeka said:

As I found when I requested my vaccination records recently, they only info they had was my Covid-19 inoculations (which were administered by the AZDHS), which is what I really wanted anyway but it was disappointing that the other vaccinations I've received in recent years never made it to the AZDHS database. ☹️

Thankfully my healthcare provider reports all of my vaccinations to CAIR.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stevenr597 said:

I do remember a time when you had to have proof of vaccination before  you could travel to Europe.

I had to carry a WHO vaccine card to travel to Japan. It's definitely not a new thing.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, joepeka said:

Arizona has a similar capability, it's called ASIIS (AZ State Immunization Information System). You can submit a request to them to get official copies of all vaccinations you've received. The downside: it is totally dependent upon vaccination providers (doctors, clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, etc.) feeding information to the state health department. As I found when I requested my vaccination records recently, they only info they had was my Covid-19 inoculations (which were administered by the AZDHS), which is what I really wanted anyway but it was disappointing that the other vaccinations I've received in recent years never made it to the AZDHS database. ☹️

I was trying to find out if the state of AZ has records of my husband receiving his Covid vaccinations through the clinical trial we both participated in so your post is timely.  Thank you!  I just found the form and we will send it in to see what they have.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 2