The Department of Homeland Security is considering vaccine passports

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Here's a workaround. You don't require proof of vaccination, but proof of vaccination gets you a much better price. That is what one rock concert promoter is doing in Florida.

Florida concert promoter charging non-vaccinated people $999 for tickets to a show, $18 for those with shots (msn.com)

This is in violation of the Equal Access Clause of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. I doubt that this promoter is seriously considering this or has implemented it.

Edited by Floridastorm
On 5/29/2021 at 10:53 AM, suekel said:

My ex-husband, my son, 4 of my co-workers and numerous friends.  Some had it worse than others but luckily they have all recovered.  

No luck about it. All of their individual immune systems did the job they were born to do, protect from viruses and bacteria. Just stop a moment and review. 500,000 people died from the virus. 329,500,000 did not die, most did not even get sick and all without a vaccine. This means that 0015% of the population died from the virus and/or comorbidities that they already suffered from. 99.9985% either did not get the virus or fought it off naturally. I venture to say that more people die from accidents in the US every year than from this virus. 😎

35 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Where is your proof that the infection rate in Florida for Covid-19 was the among the highest in the nation? It's certainly lower per capita than the states that did the draconian lockdowns like California and New York. Florida has been basically open for over a year while many other states continue to be locked down for over a year. Fail to see where you are a little more enlightened. 🤔

Nice attempt to try and discredit me, but you are not speaking from a viewpoint of knowledge.  I am not computer savvy enough to post a link, but a web search of January 21st Covid Statistics from WUSF Public media showed the following info from Florida:

**Over 1.5 million positive cases

***Over 69,000 hospitalizations

****Over 25,000 deaths

I was wondering when the deniers would start in.

Only 500K died seems a little callous.  (597K at the moment).  14th amendment is not applicable.  Please see Jacobson v. Massachusetts.

I will only cruise with fully vaccinated passengers.  If I can't do it out of Florida I will do it elsewhere.  I have my CDC card.

On 5/29/2021 at 9:13 PM, ysolde said:

NY has developed an app which it is calling the Excelsior Pass.  Basically, you input information about yourself and when you received your Covid vaccination(s) into the app, and it retrieves your information.  It then uploads onto your phone, and you have a unique to you, scannable QR code (similar to an airline boarding pass) on your phone.  You can, of course, print a copy of your Pass (my husband and I keep copies in our wallets, in case our phones run out of battery or something).  Anyhow, those are our vaccine passports. 

The Excelsior Pass only permits people to join who were vaccinated by a facility regulated by the NYS Health Department.  New York excludes these people who were also vaccinated: those vaccinated outside NYS, military personnel (West Point, 10th Mountain Division,) veterans who were vaccinated by the VA, residents of underserved communities who got the shots from FEMA...

Just because you can't get an Excelsior Pass, doesn't mean you're not vaccinated.  Nobody should be demanding to see an Excelsior Pass to participate in anything, it's not a reliable indicator of vaccine status.

42 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

The Excelsior Pass only permits people to join who were vaccinated by a facility regulated by the NYS Health Department.  New York excludes these people who were also vaccinated: those vaccinated outside NYS, military personnel (West Point, 10th Mountain Division,) veterans who were vaccinated by the VA, residents of underserved communities who got the shots from FEMA...

Just because you can't get an Excelsior Pass, doesn't mean you're not vaccinated.  Nobody should be demanding to see an Excelsior Pass to participate in anything, it's not a reliable indicator of vaccine status.

Are people demanding an Excelsior Pass?  I wasn't aware of it.  It has the capacity to make life a little bit easier for those of us who have it.  Whether the federal government come up with something similar for travelers, I would be interested to see.

17 minutes ago, ysolde said:

Are people demanding an Excelsior Pass?  I wasn't aware of it.  It has the capacity to make life a little bit easier for those of us who have it.  Whether the federal government come up with something similar for travelers, I would be interested to see.

According to the Albany Times Union, "But the rush by many to try and download the Excelsior Pass app has taken place after Cuomo said proof of vaccination or negative test results would be needed to enter major stadiums and arenas, wedding receptions or other large gatherings. On April 2, Cuomo said the Excelsior Pass would be expanded and used to screen patrons at smaller arts, entertainment and event venues. "

Excelsior Pass rejecting many who have been vaccinated (timesunion.com)

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

According to the Albany Times Union, "But the rush by many to try and download the Excelsior Pass app has taken place after Cuomo said proof of vaccination or negative test results would be needed to enter major stadiums and arenas, wedding receptions or other large gatherings. On April 2, Cuomo said the Excelsior Pass would be expanded and used to screen patrons at smaller arts, entertainment and event venues. "

Excelsior Pass rejecting many who have been vaccinated (timesunion.com)

These glitches are terrible, and hopefully will be resolved.  If the Excelsior Pass is the only proof of vaccination accepted for New Yorkers to enter major stadiums and arenas, wedding receptions or other large gatherings, etc., then there is a serious, serious issue.  Perhaps I misread, but that does not seem to be the case.  

I'm sorry that the system has not provided a perfect solution for your needs of yet.  For my husband and me, it is another tool in our arsenal.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ysolde said:

These glitches are terrible, and hopefully will be resolved.  If the Excelsior Pass is the only proof of vaccination accepted for New Yorkers to enter major stadiums and arenas, wedding receptions or other large gatherings, etc., then there is a serious, serious issue.  Perhaps I misread, but that does not seem to be the case.  

I'm sorry that the system has not provided a perfect solution for your needs of yet.  For my husband and me, it is another tool in our arsenal.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I haven't seen anything where New York has stated what else is acceptable as proof of vaccination.

I think this Excelsior Pass is just a distraction from some other problems the governor has but if you can benefit from it then good for you. 🙂 

Edited by Daniel A
3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I haven't seen anything where New York has stated what else is acceptable as proof of vaccination.

After my first and second dose, I was handed my vaccination card, and told to hold on to it, as that constitutes my proof of vaccination.  I did not hear about the Excelsior Pass until a tech savvy friend told me about it.  I doubt very much my husband would have bothered with the Excelsior Pass if I had not downloaded it for him.  No one at the Javits Center told him about it.  They did, however, tell him to hold on to his vaccination card.  Lots of older folks will not bother with the Excelsior Pass.  They may not even hear about it.  Their proof of vaccination will be their vaccination card.

Posted (edited)

Found this:

As we move towards fully re-opening New York State, it's important to keep proof of your COVID-19 vaccine in a place that is convenient and safe. 

This can be accomplished in a number of ways, including taking a photo of your card or utilizing New York's Excelsior Pass, a digital pass specifically designed to help fast-track a return to participating in public events.

If you lose your proof of COVID-19 vaccination you should contact the New York State COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline at 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829) and we will provide you with a copy of your immunization record from the New York State Immunization Information System.

From the NYS Department of Health, as published in:

https://www.wkbw.com/news/coronavirus/vaccinating-western-new-york/i-lost-my-covid-19-vaccination-card-now-what-do-i-do

And note:

Officials point out that the pass is voluntary and that New Yorkers can still use lab results and CDC vaccination cards, but that it might take longer for the venue workers to validate them.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/new-york-debuts-nations-first-vaccine-passport-excelsior-pass

Edited by ysolde
Add information
Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2021 at 6:51 PM, misscruiser36 said:

I was wondering when the deniers would start in.

Only 500K died seems a little callous.  (597K at the moment).  14th amendment is not applicable.  Please see Jacobson v. Massachusetts.

I will only cruise with fully vaccinated passengers.  If I can't do it out of Florida I will do it elsewhere.  I have my CDC card.

I provided facts. If I am considered a "denier" for those facts then so be it. I guess I'm denying your version of the facts. I would argue that Jacobson vs Massachusetts would not apply in that the promoter of the concert is not an elected government entity. Setting excessive pricing for one group of people over another group would be arbitrary and capricious and, I believe , would fall under the equal access clause of the 14th amendment. 

Edited by Floridastorm
On 5/30/2021 at 2:09 PM, tip said:

Nice attempt to try and discredit me, but you are not speaking from a viewpoint of knowledge.  I am not computer savvy enough to post a link, but a web search of January 21st Covid Statistics from WUSF Public media showed the following info from Florida:

**Over 1.5 million positive cases

***Over 69,000 hospitalizations

****Over 25,000 deaths

Interesting that you did not give the figures for California and New York which you will find much higher than Florida per capita. I never stated that Florida was without cases and deaths. I simply stated that a state that never implemented draconian protocols had better results than the states that did implement draconian protocols. If that is the case then what would be the reasoning to have draconian protocols in the first place?  

7 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Setting excessive pricing for one group of people over another group would be arbitrary and capricious and, I believe , would fall under the equal access clause of the 14th amendment. 

When I first heard about this concert, I saw it a little differently.  The price of admission to the concert was a high one.  The promoter gave a discount to vaccinated individuals.  Nobody was denied entry based on vaccination status.  Businesses give discounts to various groups all the time (seniors, military, veterans health care workers etc...)  Is it a violation of the 14th amendment for Budweiser to give free beers to vaccinated people, Dunkin Donuts giving a free donut to vaccinated people?  These are called incentives.  BTW, I don't think the 14th amendment applies to businesses, it requires states to apply their laws equally.

16 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Interesting that you did not give the figures for California and New York which you will find much higher than Florida per capita...

Maybe it is because I don't vacation in New York and California.  I cancelled our three month visit to Florida this past winter because  Covid19 was running rampant and your governor and other pols have been taking a laissez-faire attitude.  You seem to be satisfied with that so good for you.  I am not.   That is why my dollars and I stayed home.

On 5/28/2021 at 4:47 PM, stevenr597 said:

I am a physician, and believe me the virus does exist. 

I have had patients become ill without any known contact source.  For several days they would have a fever, some body ache, and some cough.  They would begin to feel better, then suddenly find themselves in respiratory distress and being hospitalized.  

There was often no reason why one individual would have only a mild infection, and another individual would be on a respirator. 

It's very simple doctor. Some people have more Ace 2 receptors for the spike protein+ hiv particles to attach to than others. Please read Dr Fs emails which were recently released via a FOIA request and it explains a lot. Sadly, this is not a theory. These are actual emails. 

C55C5148-8FCE-4DA1-948C-4FDC79249CE2.jpeg

On 6/4/2021 at 2:18 PM, tip said:

Interesting that you did not give the figures for California and New York which you will find much higher than Florida per capita...

Maybe it is because I don't vacation in New York and California.  I cancelled our three month visit to Florida this past winter because  Covid19 was running rampant and your governor and other pols have been taking a laissez-faire attitude.  You seem to be satisfied with that so good for you.  I am not.   That is why my dollars and I stayed home.

Florida (in June) is still packed with snowbirds and new permanent residents. I wish they would go home so we can have our roads and restaurants back, but I don't blame them for fleeing the Northeast and Midwest. That's the great thing about choices. 

What about my choice to go on a cruise with fully vaccinated passengers?  

Don’t confuse snowbirds going to Florida for the warm weather and support for the politics.  

As a shareholder I will be proxy voting against the chairman of RCL who caved.  

I also won’t be on a cruise that doesn’t require vaccinated passengers.

4 hours ago, misscruiser36 said:

I also won’t be on a cruise that doesn’t require vaccinated passengers.

Yeah, I've got to believe a significant percentage of potential cruisers feel the same way (I certainly do). 

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2021 at 7:58 PM, barrykel said:

Yeah, I've got to believe a significant percentage of potential cruisers feel the same way (I certainly do). 

Agreed. I think that if you have been vaccinated, you want to be on a vaccinated cruise. And it's not even that I would worry about getting it from someone that's not vaccinated....I'm thinking what if there were cases on the ship of the unvaccinated which caused the rest of the passengers to be quarantined or even the cruise to end early because of it. 

On 6/6/2021 at 12:21 PM, Junonia said:

It's very simple doctor. Some people have more Ace 2 receptors for the spike protein+ hiv particles to attach to than others. Please read Dr Fs emails which were recently released via a FOIA request and it explains a lot. Sadly, this is not a theory. These are actual emails. 

I can’t confirm the above, but it is, unfortunately all too easy for a competent scientist with the right equipment to create a virus or enhance one using already existing DNA/RNA mapping. The virus is real, it exists and is mutating to become more contagious and in some cases, more lethal.  We are still in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. All the more reason to get vaccinated and add a layer or protection not previously available. Vaccinated cruise ship passengers and crew are much safer than non-vaccinated.

On 5/30/2021 at 1:31 PM, Floridastorm said:

This is in violation of the Equal Access Clause of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. I doubt that this promoter is seriously considering this or has implemented it.

Vaccination status is not a protected clas.

On 6/6/2021 at 12:21 PM, Junonia said:

So some crank sent fauci an email and that’s enough proof for you? Look up Adam Gaertner and it’s pretty laughable.