Princess Prices have jumped A LOT!

MishelleMcc

Not an issue for us.  If prices rise above the value we perceive from them we simply switch to an alternate vacation.   

Cruising is just one of the several choices for us that include independent land travel, AI's, package travel offers, etc.

We refuse to pay inflated prices especially for products that keep having their attributes diminished.  It encourages the mass market cruise lines to keep increasing prices.

• Like 4

I find something happening throughout CC, NBA (search for "6 horrible fan incidents that have marred the NBA playoffs"), mass shootings, throwing Asians to the ground for NO reason (even my grands don't want to go some places) .... there's an incredible sense that something is being taken away from the person that wasn't so prevalent before the pandemic.  

Please come to the realization that we're almost through this.  Positivity rates are down to 0.7%, vaccinations ate up to anywhere between 50% -> 75% (here), cruises are returning in fact 2 companies are doing test cruises this week. We can hold our entitlement just a little longer. 

NO the changes won't be for everyone but cruising is evolving. Fortunately PCL will refund part of the FCC (not the Goodwill, just the base) if anyone decides it's no longer something they wish to do. Do road trips, cityscapes, cruise, stay home ..... whatever you do try TRY TRY to have a positive attitude. Your MH will improve

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I realize that the largest Princess ship is 3660 passengers. I was making a statement about cruising in general. The 6000 passenger load from NCL and Royal Caribbean has a large effect on port traffic. Ports are much more crowded if they are calling on the same port which diminishes that experience. 

Looks like Key West will no longer allow ships with more than 1300 passengers.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/11/20/key-west-ban-large-cruise-ships-officially-becomes-law

Maybe they can anchor out and shuttle in. Even at that. No more than 1500 a day allowed to enter key West. Guess only one ship at a time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have been on 50+ Princess cruises and can't recall seeing Key West as a Port of Call.  Do many large cruise ships visit Key West???

Yes. I know of no cruise ship with less than 1300 passengers. My wife loves to visit key West on a cruise. Even the Grand Classica Bahamas Palm Beach Cruise line a small ship. Normal capacity is just over 1300 and the max is 1680. It is a small ship.

21 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Yes. I know of no cruise ship with less than 1300 passengers. My wife loves to visit key West on a cruise. Even the Grand Classica Bahamas Palm Beach Cruise line a small ship. Normal capacity is just over 1300 and the max is 1680. It is a small ship.

Thank you for the information!

4 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Thank you for the information!

A person that owns one of the docks in Key West sent just under a million to governor DeSantis re-election fund. There is a bill on his desk to overturn the ruling at Key West. Waiting to see if he signs it or not. maybe today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

As far as I know Seabourn, Oceania, Regent and Viking ships are all under 1,300 pax for all their ships.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have been on 50+ Princess cruises and can't recall seeing Key West as a Port of Call.  Do many large cruise ships visit Key West???

Not anymore.I think Carnival and Royal Caribbean did. 

• Like 1

The price is only the price at a specific point in time.  Most of our cruises are booked inside the final payment window.  Anywhere from 3 days out to six weeks out.  Sometimes Celebrity is the best offer, sometimes Princess, HAL, etc.

We shop on the basis of ship. Cruise line does not mean much to us.  They have all seem to have gone to the lowest common denominator.  Not much difference. 

8 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

A person that owns one of the docks in Key West sent just under a million to governor DeSantis re-election fund. There is a bill on his desk to overturn the ruling at Key West. Waiting to see if he signs it or not. maybe today.

This was done by a vote on a ballot from the Key West residents, Not sure a governor can overturn that can they?

Kathy

1 hour ago, iancal said:

The price is only the price at a specific point in time.  Most of our cruises are booked inside the final payment window.  Anywhere from 3 days out to six weeks out.  Sometimes Celebrity is the best offer, sometimes Princess, HAL, etc.

We shop on the basis of ship. Cruise line does not mean much to us.  They have all seem to have gone to the lowest common denominator.  Not much difference. 

Glass 3/4 empty kind of guy? Written like someone who's never priced out transportation / hotel / 3 meals / shows on a land based trip anywhere LOL 😅🤣😂

Does that extra $5 per bottle after 1st freebie break the bank?

Edited by Ombud

13 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Glass 3/4 empty kind of guy? Written like someone who's never priced out transportation / hotel / 3 meals / shows on a land based trip anywhere LOL 😅🤣😂

Does that extra $5 per bottle after 1st freebie break the bank?

Actually...we do it twice a year when we travel internationally for 7-8 weeks at a time.  And have travelled extensively for years.   No stars, six stars, AI's, cruises, safari, economy and business air.

We do not eat 3 meals a day. Two is fine.  More often than not we skip the shows.....for the past several years they have been at the high school level of production and talent.  Nor do we think a third run movie is a substitute for on board entertainment or is a 'show'.    Gala or format nights...we opted out of that charade 15 years ago.

Edited by iancal

22 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I am incorrect. Looking up cruise ships that port in Key West. There are about 5 cruise lines that go there once and awhile that have less than 800 passengers. Those that do port there daily, are the large ships.

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I am incorrect. Looking up cruise ships that port in Key West. There are about 5 cruise lines that go there once and awhile that have less than 800 passengers. Those that do port there daily, are the large ships.

These are the ships I have found that port at Key West

Ships with less than 1300 that every once and a while port at Key West

Ritz-Carlton Evrima 280

Silver Seas, Silver Spirit 608

Regent Silver Splendor 750

Oceana Sirene 684

The following regularly port at Key West with over 1300 passengers.

Disney

MSC

Norwegian

Carnival

Celebrity

Holland America

Royal Caribbean

Not often

P&O Ventura once and a while

On 5/29/2021 at 7:53 AM, Grego said:

I expect that prices will go up due to additional internal costs for virus protection.  But, I am wondering if anyone has also checked the other cruise lines to see if they have done the same thing?  It is still a competitive market and I can't believe that Princess was the only one that has raised prices and not the others.

Lots of stuff has gone up in price.  Bought gasoline recently?  Ships use fuel too.....!  Any cost reduction in the price of food?  The list goes on.

Look for the good that we have now the opportunity to enjoy and if you can't afford it than do what you can do.

You are right...everything has gone up.  My DH is a contractor and materials for example for one thing went from $20 last year to $80+ this year.