Luggage tags for Platinum no longer say Priority ?

13 hours ago, cruises42 said:

There are not usually many of them.  The amount of wedding party people shouldn't prohibit Diamond and Platinum getting on too.

Yes there should be a method developed to allow Diamond and Platinum as well as FTTF passages to board first. Everybody up at midnight hovering over their keyboard to get and early time makes no sense  

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 10:57 AM, firefly333 said:

We should soon be within 30 days of boarding. ..the july 3rd cruises will see the boarding times first. If they still dont show priority then some may want to contact carnival. I only do carry on so doesnt matter to me but I can see for others who want them delivered. Does putting priority make them deliver sooner actually? 

Actually we have been very fortunate and our luggage has been delivered soon after we boarded with priority

I'm not Plat or Diamond, but we have a suite for this year's 9/26 on the Pride, so we had priority on our documents, now we don't.💩

CP.PNG

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, christyran1228 said:

We have a suite for our 11/13/21 Vista cruise and the luggage tags still say priority.

Nov 1st the cso lifts, unless cdc says its will extend it.

John Heald said this is temporary until the cdc lifts the cso. So you are past being affected, .. so far.

I checked my luggage tags out to 2023 and none of them have Priority. I guess I can reduce my tip to standard luggage tip. My luggage will still get to the cabin. Maybe.

50 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Nov 1st the cso lifts, unless cdc says its will extend it.

John Heald said this is temporary until the cdc lifts the cso. So you are past being affected, .. so far.

I read today that the TSA will let the mask mandate expire on September 13. FEMA has also told state governments that their emergency declaration will end mid-September as well. It's looking more and more likely that the CSO will be allowed to just expire quietly and we can go back to normal cruising starting November 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

FTTF just became more valuable.

For the short-term, I am beginning to think this too. Those that pay to board first will board first. Platinum and Diamond will have time slots after, followed by the rest.

3 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

For the short-term, I am beginning to think this too. Those that pay to board first will board first. Platinum and Diamond will have time slots after, followed by the rest.

John says we will not have priority until cso lifted. I doubt carnival will bother to try and figure out how many slots to leave open for platinum and diamond the first couple of months. 

Who knows but I dont expect slots of diamond and plats. 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

John says we will not have priority until cso lifted. I doubt carnival will bother to try and figure out how many slots to leave open for platinum and diamond the first couple of months. 

Who knows but I dont expect slots of diamond and plats. 

It would not be hard on Carnivals part to allow Diamond and Platinum guest a day ahead of time for boarding time. They already have your VFIP account number when you login so the know your VFIP level. Give D & P 1 or 2 extra days. Will other D & P benefits disappear as well ? No tender priority no thanks for coming back (reunion) party, I need my laundry done  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

It would not be hard on Carnivals part to allow Diamond and Platinum guest a day ahead of time for boarding time. They already have your VFIP account number when you login so the know your VFIP level. Give D & P 1 or 2 extra days. Will other D & P benefits disappear as well ? No tender priority no thanks for coming back (reunion) party, I need my laundry done  

Rcl posted some changes to reopen and then blamed it on a intern and had to pull it there was such a uproar. So I'm not surprised by this staggered check in. 

So I'm not surprised there are complaints. I just want to board, whatever it takes. Any cruises before the cso lifts I'll consider a gift. Whatever carnival decides, I'm good with. Just please dont cancel any more of my cruises.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So I'm not surprised there are complaints. I just want to board, whatever it takes. Any cruises before the cso lifts I'll consider a gift. Whatever carnival decides, I'm good with. Just please dont cancel any more of my cruises.

Absolutely agree - Whatever is decided, I'm in.  But, folks complain about far less, so the complaints are a given.

• Thanks 1

If they are temporarily doing away with priority boarding, it may be a good time to try RCL. There is a nice September itinerary that I've been eyeing and it's not the usual much higher price than Carnival.

33 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Absolutely agree - Whatever is decided, I'm in.  But, folks complain about far less, so the complaints are a given.

I believe we are all in agreement that we are awaiting a return to cruising under most any condition. I just believe those that have earned a benefit should receive it. Why sell FTTF if your not taking care of those that have sailed at least 100 days ? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

I believe we are all in agreement that we are awaiting a return to cruising under most any condition. I just believe those that have earned a benefit should receive it. Why sell FTTF if your not taking care of those that have sailed at least 100 days ? 

It is also a possibility that they could reduce the benefits of FTTF to exclude embarkation priority until restrictions are lifted - or even refund all purchased FTTF prior to cruising. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

If they are temporarily doing away with priority boarding, it may be a good time to try RCL. There is a nice September itinerary that I've been eyeing and it's not the usual much higher price than Carnival.

Lol as my post said rcl posted the same thing, except more. Took it down, but it's not a given rcl isnt doing the same thing for the next few months.

Carnival has priority debarkation but rcl doesn't for loyalty perks. ..they seem to be adept at getting folks walked off just as efficiently... but go for it. Just dont complain if rcl does the same. 

• Like 1

Yep, I last looked at the tags about a month ago and they did say "Priority" but now, nothing.  My self esteem is taking a beating!  This is an outrage!!😀

Why do we continue to allow "Status" to matter? The purpose of your success is to always pay it forward. How about introducing new family members and friends to our Cruising World. Then as a real "Platinum" gesture pay for their initial voyages. That's much more important than who gets to their 'Suites" first as none of us are leaving until the Captain says " Let's Go".  

3 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Why do we continue to allow "Status" to matter? The purpose of your success is to always pay it forward. How about introducing new family members and friends to our Cruising World. Then as a real "Platinum" gesture pay for their initial voyages. That's much more important than who gets to their 'Suites" first as none of us are leaving until the Captain says " Let's Go".  

I'm a Plat but have never been in a suite.  Regardless, I don't care about the baggage thang.  It isn't like I'm pacing my cabin waiting breathlessly for them to arrive.   I'm usually on the Lido eating as soon as we board.  I do like the "VIP" line but my life will continue if they do away with it.  But, they better not do away with my free laundry!

• Like 1