Farewell Captain Stubing

CineGraphic

37 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I was just posting this myself. 

We met him a few times on the inaugural Sky Princess sailing and he was such a nice guy.  

RIP Captain Stubing. 

I was coming to post as well.

RIP Captain. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

I record episodes of the "Love Boat".  I am saddened by his passing but will cherish his captain positive attitude with which he lead his crew each week.

I also read his autobiography.  Such a remarkable man.  May his family know that he was very much loved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scott4020 said:

He'll always be Moriarty  to me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH3P-CYilzw

Moriarty & Oddball were great together in Kelly’s Heroes! ☺️

I enjoyed reading his book “This Is Your Captain Speaking: My Fantastic Voyage Through Hollywood, Faith & Life”…a full life indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Captain Stubing, aka Gavin MacLeod, for the enjoyment that millions have enjoyed by viewing your efforts in the roles that you played.  You used the talents that God provided for you to the best of your ability.  May you Rest in Peace as you begin your "eternal cruise".  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Born Allan George See, the star studied acting at Ithaca College and went on to serve in the Air Force before his first foray into the entertainment world: working as an usher and elevator operator at Radio City Music Hall, according to Variety. When he decided to focus on acting, he changed his name.

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Gavin played producer C.S. Divot in one of my favorite films, Blake Edwards', "The Party" starring Peter Sellers. (1968).

https://youtu.be/LqMnP675oZc

I am a sucker for physical comedy.  The Clouseau schtick in the Pink Panther movies just killed me.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

🚢We had the opportunity of sailing with Captain Stubing out of Southampton in 2012.  This was posted on FB:

😔It is with sadness felt to the depth of the oceans that we mourn the passing of actor Gavin MacLeod, our beloved global ambassador, dearest friend, and treasured member of the Princess Cruises family for more than 35 years.

From his 10 seasons starring as Captain Merrill Stubing on the hit TV show The Love Boat, and for more than 3 decades after, Gavin enthusiastically shared his passion about the joys and adventures of exploring the world while cruising. He always reminded us that, like the popular TV series, “cruising gives people something to dream about.”

All of us send our heartfelt condolences to his entire family, and offer our sincerest gratitude to them for sharing Gavin with all of us for so many years. https://*****/3c4LsuN

We were on the 50th Anniversary cruise, Pacific Princess, in 2015.  Gavin and his wife Patty were seated at the Captain’s table for the Most Traveled Luncheon.  We were fortunate to sit at his table and get to know this lovely couple.  A very special day!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gavin MacLeod was a star on 2 of the most popular shows of the 70’s and 80’s. Captain Subing on The Love Boat and Murray on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. In the 60’s  he was also a sailor on McHales Navy. No one was a better spokesman for crusing and Princess Cruise Lines. RIP Captain Stubing 🙏

• Like 2