Farewell Captain Stubing

I think the Love Boat series was a great influence on getting Americans to start cruising. I remember watching the show and thinking taking a cruise looks like a lot of fun.  55 cruises later and yes, it has been a lot of fun and I look forward to many more starting in Dec. 2021!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

😢

I loved watching The Love Boat as a kid in the 80’s and I’m sure it inspired me to start cruising. Recently started to watch the series again, up to season 3 and will continue until I can cruise again. 

Edited by live.love.cruise

1 hour ago, live.love.cruise said:

😢

I loved watching The Love Boat as a kid in the 80’s and I’m sure it inspired me to start cruising. Recently started to watch the series again, up to season 3 and will continue until I can cruise again. 

It was part of our inspiration too. In 2004, a couple with 3 kids, we wee looking for something "different" for a vacation. One spring day I was in a doctor's waiting room with youngest son for an x-ray and Love Boat came on TV Land. I thought, "What about a cruise"? The next day I saw a newspaper ad for Canada cruises from NYC on Carnival. I figured that given the length and price, we didn't have anything to lose. We crammed all 5 of us in a balcony cabin on Carnival Victory for a 5-day cruise, and we were hooked. Thanks, Captain Stubing!

12 hours ago, Djptcp said:

I think the Love Boat series was a great influence on getting Americans to start cruising. I remember watching the show and thinking taking a cruise looks like a lot of fun.  55 cruises later and yes, it has been a lot of fun and I look forward to many more starting in Dec. 2021!

But we were all in for a shock the first time we stepped on a cruise ship and found out that the cabins on a real cruise ship were nothing like the ones on the Love Boat.  They all looked like suites.  

48 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

But we were all in for a shock the first time we stepped on a cruise ship and found out that the cabins on a real cruise ship were nothing like the ones on the Love Boat.  They all looked like suites.  

And the hallways were wide enough for 4 people to easily walk next to each other.

22 hours ago, saltshell said:

Still watch lifeboat re-runs. Been thinking it's time for an updated lifeboat re-boot. So long and clear sailing Captain.

Updated. 😂😜. Script involving 

Bacon police, chairhogging, kids running uncontrolled all over the place, flip flops in the dining room.  

He and the rest of the crew do the Muster video on the ships. It will be nice to watch those and reminisce. I still watch the reruns. He will be missed. A wonderful person he was.