Bliss District Brewhouse food?

Maelius

Hello everyone. 

A group of us are heading to Alaska this august on the bliss. This is my first time on this class of ship and I’m really interested in the district brewhouse.

I know the beer is on the beverage plan (based on price) but the menus I’ve seen have a few food options. Are these complimentary?

Thanks!

@Coastalbreezes nailed it.  The best way I can explain it is District is not an eating venue, it's a drinking venue.  If you want to have a meal, there are much better choices.  If I remember right at District I never ordered off the "snacks" menu.  I have been there a few times where they are doing informal gatherings and will serve wings, egg rolls, etc via delivered tray (think waiters at a party walking around with hors d'oeuvres).

Edited by oteixeira
  • Like 1

IIRC, they bites menu at DB is either directly inspired by or just is Food Republic, they share a kitchen.

Come to think of it, I've never asked if you can order from the FR menu at DB.  Please try and report back!

9 minutes ago, boatseller said:

IIRC, they bites menu at DB is either directly inspired by or just is Food Republic, they share a kitchen.

Come to think of it, I've never asked if you can order from the FR menu at DB.  Please try and report back!

You can't, but the opposite was allowed (I tried in 2016 on Escape).  While sitting in Food Republic I commented of the lack of beer selection and they told me to order whatever I wanted from District and they would bring it.

Edited by oteixeira
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oteixeira said:

You can't, but the opposite was allowed (I tried in 2016 on Escape).  While sitting in Food Republic I commented of the lack of beer selection and they told me to order whatever I wanted from District and they would bring it.

And indeed, due to the proximity of the District Brew House and Food Republic, you could literally order in the latter and carry it across to the Brew House.

• Like 1

I'll be on the Bliss in August as well and most likely camping out quite a bit in DB. 

Is Food Republic the equivalent of O'Sheehans, with complimentary bar snack foods (burgers, wings, etc)?

I will definitely be taking the advice of my friends above and grabbing food to go (if they'll let us) from Food Republic and walking it over to DB - or keeping a picture of what's on tap on my phone and just ordering those beers to wash my food down. 89 days to go, but who's counting - oh wait, I am.

1 minute ago, Sailing12Away said:

I'll be on the Bliss in August as well and most likely camping out quite a bit in DB. 

Is Food Republic the equivalent of O'Sheehans, with complimentary bar snack foods (burgers, wings, etc)?

I will definitely be taking the advice of my friends above and grabbing food to go (if they'll let us) from Food Republic and walking it over to DB - or keeping a picture of what's on tap on my phone and just ordering those beers to wash my food down. 89 days to go, but who's counting - oh wait, I am.

Food Republic is Asian fusion small plates, and you pay (not free).  Great food, interesting concept.  I liked it better when it first started, they took some things off the menu that I loved (Duck dumplings, and some others).

• Like 1