• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Bermuda accessible questions

mlbcruiser

Wondering if it is very easy to use a folding, easily transportable and storable, travel scooter when moving about on the main streets of the major port towns on Bermuda? My DH can walk on his own. Some days better than others. He can manage several blocks and go up steps if there is a hand railing. However, when just out and about to sightsee or check out shops and things, and to go around the ship in general, it’s best if he uses the scooter. He walks a bit slowly and when he stop,  general he needs to sit down or lean against something. I have no idea what the streets and sidewalks are like in Bermuda, or how it’s accessible it is in general. So thought I’d ask this question and see if anyone knows the answer. Thanks for any helpful information.

If you go to the right corner, under your username is a long oval search box.  Type in Bermuda.  You should get a drop down box, and click on ‘this forum’, then click on the magnifying glass in the search box.  It will bring up several threads about Bermuda.  Also google accessible Bermuda.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Thank you but I think maybe the layout of on the search engine page I see may not be the same as the one you are looking at. (??) I am using his cell at the moment and on CC my name appears in the left corner of the screen. Just now I used it to search by clicking the magnifying glass icon that I always use for searches on here. I see it n the right corner. Then brings up the long rectangular box you are talking about. Before my initial post,  I didn’t check the regular ports of call Bermuda board because I figured someone would tell me to go check the accessible boards! That has happened before with destination questions re accessibility. When I used the search feature just  now the only post coming up relating to this was your’s, lol! Sometimes the search feature on CC is helpful. Others times not so much. I do appreciate you taking the time to post and your help, though! So thanks again. Probably will look at the Bermuda board some more. Also maybe someone else will see this that has been to Bermuda and can’t answer the question.

You might want to check on the Bermuda board. There are very knowledgeable posters there who should be able to answer your questions.

Most ships dock at the Dockyard which is a very long pier, but there is a "tram" to help you traverse it.

Hamilton can be pretty hilly.

Thank you. Always helpful to know about the pier I’m sure he can use the scooter on the pier. I’ve looked on those boards a little bit but I haven’t seen anything. As I mentioned above, the reason I didn’t look on there originally is because so often when I have had an accessible question someone on whatever board refers me to the accessible boards. So I took a shortcut and posted here first, LOL.

When we were in Bermuda we took an accessible tour. We were docked in Dockyard and went all over the island. I particularly enjoyed seeing the pink (or not so pink) beaches. There were scenic stops where I did not get off and shopping/lunch stops where I did leave the van. The van had a ramp and tie downs. At the stops we had some areas with curb cuts and some good sidewalks and other areas with broken concrete. Many of the shops had steps to enter and I cannot go into those. At the dockyard area most had flat entries.